[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New cs item copy main pot, destroy item, move pot.

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Suggesting an expensive cash item that letz u destroy an item to gain a copy of its main potential roll that can be then used on a new item to move its potential over plz!

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2018
    I would actually buy this, I got a 27% LUK Tyrant cape I wanna move to my future Arcane Cape.
  • DrAatroxDrAatrox
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, bring more broken stuff to this game.
    As long as some people would buy it, why not right?

Nerf attackspeed, then we can have OP items.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    I would buy this too, there are some items that you cant transfer hammer because of starforcing (doesn't get best results) and some items don't aren't found in sets of 10 levels, like capes etc.

and DrAatrox, enough with the attack speed thing, you didn't make a good objective case for it, thatll benefit or help the whole GMS population, you just gave personal reasons. They cant change the game just for you, no one is that entitled, not even those that pay to win. they don't get that type of privilege. leave that topic, in the tread you started, don't bring over to other threads.
  • DrAatroxDrAatrox
    edited July 2018
    Ok, if you think this is a good idea aswell, I know where you stand.

This is something that will never happen. Ever.

"Oops I rolled 30% str on my mage top". What do I do? Buy this broken nx item to move the potential to a warrior top?

Yeah, no. There is no way this will ever be balanced either.

I can see you talking a lot about my personal opinions, but that is not the case. I can give you plenty of reasons to why this item is a very bad idea, just as I did with the other topic. (If you read the comments, you would see reasons behind my suggestion.)
    edited July 2018
    you realize it's in nexon's full and sole discretion for any restrictions that can be placed on an item like this, they can very well restrict passing to items not of the same class.

and no, all you gave are anecdotal. not factual reasons.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Would love the item. The semi-problems I see with this is potential tier differences and potential type differences. (Trying to transfer a lvl160 potential to lvl140 gear or vise-versa. Trying to transfer weapon/accessory potential to armor.)
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    edited July 2018
    DrAatrox wrote: »
    Yeah, bring more broken stuff to this game.
    As long as some people would buy it, why not right?

Nerf attackspeed, then we can have OP items.

if they nerf attack speed they should reduce the final damage of all hurricane like skills to keep the damage ratios the same as they are now pre attack speed nerf i figure 30% would be fair
    Snizze
    edited July 2018
    maybe keep it to the same item type and if u move the potential up to a higher level item you bite the bullet on the difference... i would say that would be more than fair. So forvexample if u buy the nx item destroy a 150 item that has 30% main stat and apply that potential to a 160+ item it should remain 30%, the price u pay for moving it up a tier.
    YinYangX
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited July 2018
    I did wonder about transferring potentials especially stuff that I got to legendary prior to balance patches. For example, polearms used to be the way to go for DrKs because of the increased attack speed (there was no spear passive that made the speed +1 at the time) so the increased speed in endgame was superior to the atk bonus of spears.

That polearm is now legendary and there's no way to move it over. Even if the potential move was account restricted I'd appreciate it as opposed to having to re-roll everything.

On the other hand, re-rolling gives Nexon lots of money so who knows what they'd think of this idea.
    YinYangX
    edited July 2018
    I did wonder about transferring potentials especially stuff that I got to legendary prior to balance patches. For example, polearms used to be the way to go for DrKs because of the increased attack speed (there was no spear passive that made the speed +1 at the time) so the increased speed in endgame was superior to the atk bonus of spears.

That polearm is now legendary and there's no way to move it over. Even if the potential move was account restricted I'd appreciate it as opposed to having to re-roll everything.

On the other hand, re-rolling gives Nexon lots of money so who knows what they'd think of this idea.

People would spend more money period with it, and it would be more incentive to roll with cash cubes cause if u hit triple lines, u pay the chunk 50k nx for the xfer item and move it to an item type for the class that can use it and we all win.
  • DrAatroxDrAatrox
    edited July 2018
    I think you are looking at things the wrong way here, Terror.
    You are not taking into consideration what other people would do at all.
    I can promise you that Nexon would make way more money on not implementing this item.

And as for "same ratio" you mentioned regarding attackspeed... Please just read some books and get what is key: KNOWLEDGE.
    edited July 2018
    DrAatrox wrote: »
    I think you are looking at things the wrong way here, Terror.
    You are not taking into consideration what other people would do at all.
    I can promise you that Nexon would make way more money on not implementing this item.

And as for "same ratio" you mentioned regarding attackspeed... Please just read some books and get what is key: KNOWLEDGE.

My knowledge is fine there is no such thing as perfect balance between jobs and i love that. If u make classes perfectly balanced u wind up with a guild wars 2 system and there is no descrepencys between classes and other players. Plus do you know how slow and boring an attack speed (2) is for non hurrican classes. Every one would jump to hurricane classes. I think things are fine the way they are extreme change causes uncertainty, causing stress and anxiety over the future and when things get too bad people drop their bad habit.
  • DrAatroxDrAatrox
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, as you can see everyone plays hurricane classes in KMS kappa
    edited July 2018
    Didn't know this was KMS, why not just focus on GMS, and not try to compare so much other regions to your gameplay in GMS.

Instead of focusing how fast others hit, why not just focus on hitting harder, trying to change the whole system just so you don't have to improve.
  • DrAatroxDrAatrox
    edited July 2018
    What if you are at a point where you cant improve without spending stupid amounts of $?
    Any tips for me to be comparable to other classes ?
    edited July 2018
    I got my wild hunter to 200 ( In reboot mind you, where monsters are stronger) with no issue, I love my wild hunter. With link skills and legion, I can hit up to 900k-1mils, and after leveling up nodes even 1-2 levels for wild arrow blast, It consistently hits 1mil with wild arrow blast. (preflames)

Right now flames and nodes would be your best bet.

I'll use my night lord in windia as an example. My claw is epic with only 9% att, secondary is unique with luk and att %, I barely get to around 1.2mil range with links and buffs, without links I sit around 900k to 1mil with buffs. My nodes however are what powered up my night lord to be able to do hellux. I can one shot slurpy forest death with showdown.
  • DrAatroxDrAatrox
    edited July 2018
    I got my wild hunter to 250 a decent amount of months ago and is now around 60.000 DEX with 40m~ range.
    All my nodes are maxed out, but thanks.
    edited July 2018
    so whats the issue
  • DrAatroxDrAatrox
    edited July 2018
    Exactly what I have been stating too many times , as certain people cant get it into their heads.

Intended balance among classes.

If you cant understand that the classes are all balanced around 2 attackspeed yet, there isnt really more to discuss here. As you overlook the main issue due to yourself not wanting to attack slower. Its just a selfdefence from you people that attack too fast.
    edited July 2018
    Dr aatrox.... Thx u for derailing my thread... Back on the topic.

I really want Nexon to implement the stated nx item. Being able to xfer main potential on to the latest and greatest would help relieve some burden of 22*ing and not to mention u still have to roll your bpot and reflame/rescroll ugh. Even if it was an item that comes available once or twice a year at random it would help the community soo much going forward. Think of all the people that 3 lined their lgr hillas/magnus's rage forest guardians these items were considered rare and powerful and now all those that spent massively on them are hurting. This nx item i suggested would swoop in to rescue the day!