[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to stay motivated with Maplestory

WindyTempestWindyTempest
Reactions: 500
edited July 2018 in Rants and Raves
How do people stay motivated to continue playing Maplestory? I've made a pretty sad mistake of transferring over my Glimmering Wondroid Heart +8 (with 30% atk spell traced) thinking that it was "untradeable once equipped" and not "tradeable once per account" and moved it over to a mule to scroll the heart, only to find out too late that it's now untradeable.. It's clearly my mistake on this and now I've just lost the motivation to continue playing since GMs can't do anything about it. I'm not the type of person to be able to fund my gears so most of my items were created from my progression through Windia.

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I make pauses spanning from 3days to 1 month.
    It refreshes my motivation for maple
    YinYangX
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    After meeting a new friend in the world I play in, I got a bit more competitive and motivated to get stronger cause we compare items and range. Before meeting him I didn't know I could solo Hellux with under 2mil range. But I soloed it with no more than 1.3m. Started doing other content like chuchu pq, I was set in my ways, in the plateau. But that's what motivated me.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Dumb things I've done:
    1. Toss my Holy Pink Beanity title along with all the titles they gave trying to make room for nebs in my set-up
    2. Being honest and picking a perm bronze tombstone.

I just tell myself it's a game and (try to) move on. (Given every time I see someone with the title or I die/someone with gold tombstone dies, I have a mini-spas attack of regret/depression.) [And I'm f2p also, for reference, so I understand how it feels to "lose" good(ish) gear.]
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited July 2018
    All you do is your symbol dailies, some events if they're around, and then log off or afk.

That's all I do now. MapleStory lost its spark back in 2012.

The only reason I play it now, is because of how much money I've dropped into the game overall.