[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Give auto on log-in buffs to some classes

KineticMoonBurstKineticMoonBurst
Reactions: 460
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Some classes need some of their buffs by default when logging in. Namely mages need to have access to magic guard and magic guard like skills.
I should not have the game crash without an error message, log in, and die because my magic guard isn't active and my Psychic points are set to 0.
If this were because I chose to log out in a bad spot, that's one thing. But this isn't the case. This is the game being unstable causing deaths.

Alternatively, an on log in 10 second iframe window would also work
DtxTzumera

Comments

• DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited July 2018
    The real question is, why the hell you lose all your buff when you DC / Crash? D:

I've dropped from 88% to 13% on lvl 200 (as mage) doing the journey line quest, that made my quit my character and wait for Reboot server. My connection was not stable so it was my fault
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I don't think buffs should be auto, but I do think the game should remember your buffs and restore them on log in (unless they expired).
    If the game can keep track of your cooldowns when you disconnect, and also of (most) exp buffs, it can also keep track of other buffs.
  • KineticMoonBurstKineticMoonBurst
    Reactions: 460
    edited July 2018
    I'd say for it to remember buffs, that would be great. But that doesn't solve the issue so much if I need to relaunch the whole game. It's not 'disconnecting' or 'logging out and back in' it's 'the game crashes all the way to the desktop' meaning I need to wait for it to log me out, relaunch the game, select server, type PIC, AND wait for the game to load back up into the RAM. Plus buffs wouldn't always help when Psychic Points are set to 0 on log-in, ignoring how much I had prior.