[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character selection defaults to the first slot

TamireliaTamirelia
Reactions: 1,335
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: I don't know what this would be classified as.

Brief bug summary: When relogging, when you pick your world, it defaults to the first slot character in your character order, rather than the one you logged out from.

More details: This is particularly annoying if the character you're using is far down the line. It's also quite annoying when consistently logging in between two characters.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Log off on any character not in the first slot in your character order and log back in.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: N/A

Character level: N/A

Character job: N/A

World name: Galicia

Date and time of the incident: Ongoing, but since the Monad update.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I don't think it's the character in the first slot, but rather the character you logged into last before the server check. Mine is on the 2nd slot in the 2nd page, and it always goes back to that no matter who I log out from. Not sure why this happened, but definitely something that needs to be addressed.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Thank you for reporting this.
    As Mira commented, it's not the first character, but rather the last one used before the game update maintenance.
    I've forwarded the issue.
  • EtzuEtzu
    Reactions: 305
    edited July 2018
    Edit: i checked the forums like 5 times and somehow missed there was already a post about this.

Bug type: Re logging always puts me on the same character not the 1 i logged out off. Used to be different before the patch

Brief bug summary: the first character you log onto after the patch will somehow get priority if you log onto different characters after this means if your first log in was bucc and relog to Cadena and relog again you would be hovering over bucc automatically ( Its client side tested it but it happened after the patch so its a bug)

EDIT: Alright updated my laptop now (4th pc in) and logged in ark first and now he is doing the the thing edited the other points too.

More details: I was doing some inventory managing after the patch and started noticing the game always puts me back on my main witch in some cases is becoming annoying really fast.

Steps to reproduce: First time boot after the patch kinda screws the client up when you choose what to log in first

Side node i have this on multiple pc's windows 7 and windows 10. And i rebooted my pc several times first. Edit i tried 4 pc's now no luck

Character name: Enjyu / Etzu

Character level: 221 / 211

Character job: Buccaneer / Ark

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: After the patch not sure if it was the 1 on Wednesday or Thursday
  • EtzuEtzu
    Reactions: 305
    edited July 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Thank you for reporting this.
    As Mira commented, it's not the first character, but rather the last one used before the game update maintenance.
    I've forwarded the issue.

Aah dammit i posted this too but somehow missed this 1 i apologize . But i found out another detail clean installed the game ( and windows) and for me its the first character you log in after the patch. So if you use multiple pc's like me you can have a different character it defaults too. So i think its client side
    YinYangX