[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Drop rate increase for Damien and Lotus acc.

PeepPeep
Reactions: 3,950
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey guys,

As the title suggests I believe there needs to be a drop rate increase to specific item drops from certain bosses. The items I am talking about are as follows.

Magic Eyepatch (from Damien boss)
gxY4ndC.jpg

Berserked (from Lotus)
1tohfn1.jpg

Papulatus Mark (from Pap)
Rog3ibb.png

Black Bean Mark (from Pink Bean)
0FjAYta.png

Dreamy Belt (from Lucid)
ZOL5yNW.jpg
Included Black bean, Dreamy belt and Pap mark as they have the same horrible drop rates for their acc. I have gotten a couple Black bean marks before but no Pap mark.

I and many others have been killing these bosses since Nexon made these items available from these bosses. We have yet to see a Magic eyepatch from hard Damien or a Berserked acc from Lotus. Drop rate increasing effects don't apply to these specific items ever since Nexon made changes a number of patches back. The drop rate is incredibly low and absolutely needs to be increased. Please Nexon bring the drop rates of these items to be more in line with the current Arcane gear drop rate. It is ridiculously low atm.

Out of all of GMS I believe there is only a handful of Magic eyepatches. Around 3-5 out of all GMS servers. I could be wrong but this is what I'm aware of currently. This doesn't have anything to do with the amount of groups killing these hard mode bosses. The drop rate is far worse than the Arcane gear drop rate and Absolab drop rate. I'm not even sure how many Berserked acc there are if any.

Please do something about it.
Thank you.
ArgentdarikIvangold

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    At the very least tell us if it's affected by drop rate increases.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited July 2018
    We will suggest revisiting the rates for these particular boss items.
    darikyonut32PeepIts2Sharp4U
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2018
    No the dark boss set items need to be insanely hard to obtain
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited July 2018
    TerrorStreak the dark boss doesn't need to a 1 in 10000 chance drop rate we don't need another Cursed Kaisuim item in the game Beatting these bosses is hard enough as it is but i don't think the buff should big either at least the drop rate % should effect the drop rate its very unfair for funded players to get locked out of this kind of gear for no good reason this game already has enough rng anyway we don't need an item that could piss off players at least with hard magnus you can at least do him twice a week.(With coupon) you can't do that on Hard Lomien.
    darik
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited July 2018

No it doesn't. We and many other groups have been killing the bosses for these items since launch and have yet to see a single one. That's already stupid. Why even have the gear in the game when barely anyone can take advantage of it? No other MMO does this because it simply doesn't make sense. It's not like they're amazing items either.
    darik
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2018

Weren't you the same guy who was upset about the lv 250 LAB server block because you "work full time and have 2 daughters"? Doesn't this seem hypocritical?
    darik
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited July 2018
    Peep wrote: »

No it doesn't. We and many other groups have been killing the bosses for these items since launch and have yet to see a single one. That's already stupid. Why even have the gear in the game when barely anyone can take advantage of it? No other MMO does this because it simply doesn't make sense. It's not like they're amazing items either.

I could think of one game that does this exact crap (Grand Fantasia). It's sad to think about it too. This does (at least) deserve a bit of a boost rate for the item. Wonder if its the same as the papulatus item....
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2018
    They ought to be difficult to obtain, yes, given that, due to the set effect and base stats on their own, they're direct upgrades to the sweetwater eye and face accessories; they should not, however, be so difficult to obtain that you only see one in a year of clearing the boss.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2018

Wtf is wrong with you?
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited July 2018
    darik wrote: »

Wtf is wrong with you?

That's far enough.

Just because someone has a different opinion about something doesn't mean you can shut him down in public with insults. And this is an argument about a virtual item on a video game. That's just sad. You should really apologize to him, as should a couple others in this thread.
  • HeyaBabycakesHeyaBabycakes
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    They ought to be difficult to obtain, yes, given that, due to the set effect and base stats on their own, they're direct upgrades to the sweetwater eye and face accessories; they should not, however, be so difficult to obtain that you only see one in a year of clearing the boss.

Ayyyy welcome back.
  • FutureChrisFutureChris
    Reactions: 2,220
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    @Peep
    I figured you'd might want these: gnLJbC5.png 8Jcf5bZ.png

But to be on topic: I agree, I think the drop rate for these things oughta be upped; Cpap is a complete nightmare to fight, I'd rather do it as little as possible.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited July 2018
    I'm pretty sure Black Bean Mark comes from Chaos Pink Bean. There's no "Black Bean" boss that I know of.

On topic, yes these items should have higher drop-rate.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited July 2018
    Agree on that, hardly even saw this outside of anviled itens.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2018
    AK712 wrote: »
    darik wrote: »

Wtf is wrong with you?

That's far enough.

Just because someone has a different opinion about something doesn't mean you can shut him down in public with insults. And this is an argument about a virtual item on a video game. That's just sad. You should really apologize to him, as should a couple others in this thread.

Nobody insulted him though(saying whats wrong with you isnt an insult fyi),im just amazed and trying to understand y he doesnt want those items to be less rare, and if you follow a bit this guy you will understand my comment.