[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disabling Starforcing, Unable to get 5th job

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Since 2 days ago, after Maplestory temporrary disable starforcing, some of my friends can't advance to 5th job

Brief bug summary:
I only heard about this from friends, so I am not 100% sure. But you can check it. They said, now to advance to 5th job requires certain minimum starforce. And they have just reached lv 200 today. Since there is no news yet when Maplestory going to let players starforce, so I reccomend to disable the minimum star force to get 5th job. Or you can make the minimum to 0. So people can advance to 5th job. Unless you are going to let people starforcing again soon

Steps to reproduce:
1. Get to lv 200
2. Try to advance to 5th job
3. Unable to advance because of not enough star force
4. Try to starforce, can't starforcing at the moment

Character name:
RedNightW
Character level:
Character job:
NightWalker
World name:
Reboot
Date and time of the incident:

Since 2 days ago after Maplestory disable the starforcing

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/categories/suggestions-and-feedback

Explain how this is a bug? Given, yes the issue that caused SF to be disabled is a bug, the fact that you can't 5th job advance because lack of sf isn't a bug.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Well, i just put it in here coz it needs attentiion. Plus by disabling the starforcing but still requiring star force for 5th job can be seen as a bug ^^. How can people get to 5th job if they can't star force ^^ Pls tell me a way to get 5th job / or to get the minimum requirement sf for 5th job ?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    yeah this isn't a place to get attention, when nexon knows they disabled starforcing because of an actual bug.

You can either wait or buy equips with starforce on them.
    YinYangX
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Because you aren't in the situation when you grind so hard to 5th job and trying to get 5th job and you can't because you can't star force. So back to the main point, pls tell me how to get 5th job now? and don't reply without giving me a good answer. Now, people who have just reached lv 200 who doesn't have enough starforce can't get their 5th job.

I am not saying to enable star forcing. I am asking to give another way so players who have just reached lv 200 can get their 5th job. Either disabling the requirement on 5th job or make it 0 star force for now. Or another temporary solution maple can think of. Unless they will enable sf soon
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    @Dark passanger. This is reboot server, you can't buy equips

Wait until when? They already wait for 1-2 days. Want me to tell them to wait for how long? If i disable 5th job skills on all players lv 200+, i bet a lot of people will be sad. Same situation on people who want their 5th job, but still have to wait for the time they don't even know for how long.

So I am asking for temporary solution until sf gets fixed. Otherwise a lot of reboot players who have reached lv 200 gonna be so sad, at worst furious.

Another temporrary solution from me, is to gift several low level equips to reboot players with enough star force so they can advance to 5th job
    edited July 2018
    If I might ask, why weren't you starforced already? That was the first thing I did when I was wearing the equips I would be using until I can upgrade. I was walking around with 120 starforce since level 170 on my bucc.

A bit of preparation wouldn't have caused this. Because youre sounding a bit entitled, only waiting 1 day and a half so far and youre already asking for handouts. work on other things while you wait.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    coz star force doesn't really give good damage boost. even until 15 stars it only adds a small amount of main stat which doesn't really boost damage. The boost is too little. So for me, i don't really bother starforcing. most important is to get several good equips and you can reach lv 200 pretty fast.

It also depends on what level you were when maple disabled star force (tho, it is not happening to me, but happening to other players. I am just helping friends who couldn't get enough sf for their 5th job). If you don't have enough star force after maple disable it, you are doomed to wait for your 5th job until maple enable it.

It is because we don't know how long this will be fixed. Unless maple have announced the date they will enable it back.

a bit of preparations? this is incidental. If maple have announced 1 week before that they will disable the star force, and suggest everyone to get minimum star force so they can get 5th job, i bet my friends will make preparation. Pls man, your answer sounds more and more ridicilious hahaha. I really don't know what to say

as i said, want to make a bet with me? disable 5th job skills on all of maple players and tell them to wait until further notice. let's see how many will complaint? You are not in the situation, so you can just easily say it like it doesn't matter.

I didn't ask for handouts. I am asking for temporary solutions. I am not asking to enable the star force. I am asking, if this is still going on for uncertain date, at least give temporary solution.

and this report is not to forcing maplestory / GM to do what i want. I am just trying to tell them the current situation that is happening. So they can foresee what step they need to take next as more and more players are getting to lv 200 day by day. I don't care at all since I am level 236. But i care for other players.

If Maplestory going to fix it in 1-2 days, the risk will be low and you can ignore this post. But if it going on for, lets say 7 more days, Believe me, a lot of players will get to lv 200 and stuck without 5th job. Maplestory /GM can forecast by themselves how long will this last. At the end, I am just trying to help
    edited July 2018
    whatever man, tough luck, there's no reasoning with you.

Pensalir set: Hat, overall, shoes, gloves, cape and weapon. 10 star force each = 60
    Ghost ship badge 10 stars = 70
    eye and face accessory 10 each = 90
    earrings another +10 = 100
    or a ring to 10 stars

yeah the set can be later broken, but with the Ark change in 5th job, it's best to prepare ahead of time regardless of this starforce being disabled. Like I said, that's what I did. I knew there was a starforce requirement, so I starforced ahead of time. so in this case it wasn't about starforcing for damage but for the 5th job requirement. and with bonus stats, it isn't the worst star forcing pensalir sets as they get decent bonus stats.

and whos to say im not in this situation. just cause im not complaining about it, doesn't mean im not, since they announced it, why would I bring it up to their attention.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Roni777 wrote: »
    Well, i just put it in here coz it needs attentiion. Plus by disabling the starforcing but still requiring star force for 5th job can be seen as a bug ^^. How can people get to 5th job if they can't star force ^^ Pls tell me a way to get 5th job / or to get the minimum requirement sf for 5th job ?

I mean I could write a Rant and Rave about how people don't know what bugs/glitches are or how they never read patch notes and make fake bug reports about stuff that was formally announced and put it under Bug Report titled "Buggy People" coz it needs attention" but that doesn't make me any more right acting like it's a "bug" that people can't read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch#Video_game_glitches
    The fact you need a 10 sf weapon isn't a bug, it was formally announced change.
    The fact you still need a 10 sf weapon isn't a bug even with sf disabled isn't a bug since sf is only disabled temporary as an emergency situation and since the "code" related to 5th job advancement should only have to look at whether or not you have a 10 sf weapon not whether or not you have to ability to make one.
    I am not saying to enable star forcing. I am asking to give another way so players who have just reached lv 200 can get their 5th job. Either disabling the requirement on 5th job or make it 0 star force for now. Or another temporary solution maple can think of. Unless they will enable sf soon

The problem with making a bypass now is that once they re-enable sf, they'd have to go back and re-code the 10 sf weapon requirement and then there's the possibility someone would be in mid-5th job advancement and then there'd be problems cause they'd lose having the requirements met status, etc etc.

So I am asking for temporary solution until sf gets fixed. Otherwise a lot of reboot players who have reached lv 200 gonna be so sad, at worst furious.

Another temporrary solution from me, is to gift several low level equips to reboot players with enough star force so they can advance to 5th job

The problem with asking for a quick "temporary solution" is that NA Nexon still would have to notify K Nexon and get approval and the code, which would probably take about the same amount of time and effort.

Also, not sure about the details on Reboot since I don't play on it (so apologies for any ignorance on my part) but giving a free 10* weapon, even low lvled, would be "unfair" to other Reboot players who have to use the mesoes to get a 10* weapon since anyone who 5th job advances now basically wouldn't have to pay *however much* that many mesoes.

On a semi-related note (and this is, again, cause I'm ignorant of Reboot mechs) but are there Equipment Enhancement Scrolls in Reboot? That's a "temporary solution", albeit not very reliable or efficient.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    There is no Equipment enhancement scroll. Star forcing is the only way. Can't trade equipment or buy equipment in Reboot. can't move equipment through storage. But if anyone have a solution, can let us know here. Would be greatly appreciated.

If it is not urgent, i won't bring it up here. It is a matter that new players in reboot can't get their 5th job.

I know Yinyang, i know their reason to disable the star force. I think GM decision to disable starforce is the correct decision.

But since in reboot we can only raise star force by star forcing, it means no 5th job. And they need to address it/ find solution for it.

I know it is unfair to give 10 stars equipment, but it is also unfair towards people who can't advance to 5th job. Though, 10 star weapon is nothing much in reboot. It is only 1 gear. give lv 30 weapon with 10 stars. the stats on level 30 weapon shouldn't exceed lv 50 weapons. Tho i am not sure what level gear can reach 10 stars. Even 10 stars level 100 weapon is not as good as pensalir lv 140 with 0 stars.

It is not like giving a gift that will bring a disruption to the game. As for me, and i believe most of high level players, 10 stars equip is nothing. I wouldn't even mind making 10 pcs of 10 star force weapons and drop it. Coz it doesn't really that much. Even all of my 30+ alts have a lot of 10 stars weapon (level 10,20,30 and so on). I made it to help them level up faster. and dropping them as garbage as soon as they can get better and higher level weapon. I dropped them without even blinking.

If you let me choose between low level weapon and 2x exp coupon gift, i will absoutely choose 2x exp coupon. 2x exp coupon is even a lot better gift than 10 star low level weapon/gear. This is just to explain that giving free low level 10 star force equipment gift is not that much. Coz low level weapon 10 stars isn't that much. This is just a possible temporary solution if this going on for a week or more.

But once again, GM have to carefully think how to solve this. If they think this gonna happen only 1-2 more days, can just ignore my report. But, if this is going to happen for 2 weeks or more, GM need to think of a temporary solution. It is still come back to GM on how to solve it. I can only help reporting the situation
  • Deadmad666Deadmad666
    Reactions: 200
    im in the same situation , reached lvl 200 just in time for this bug...i hope there will be some kind of compensation..
    edited July 2018
    they can solve this by enabling starforce again. So much desperation. It's just a game. 5th job will still be there after.

And why would there be compensation, when this disabling starforce is due to a bug that would have allowed some kind of exploitation to happen. compensation isn't needed when there was a bug to fix.
  • YoungRalphYoungRalph
    Reactions: 920
    edited July 2018
    Why are non devs arguing the difference between glitches and bugs to someone on a forum? Have you nothing else to do? Either way The fact that people cannot 5th Job Adv may be an unintentional consquence of previous decisions made, therefore the act of bringing it to Nexons attention is not a bad thing.... You people complaining to the OP are acting like jerk keyboard warriors for nothing. Please go play the game and stop harassing people on the forums.
    ShadowFlareMira
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    YoungRalph wrote: »
    Why are non devs arguing the difference between glitches and bugs to someone on a forum? Have you nothing else to do? Either way The fact that people cannot 5th Job Adv may be an unintentional consquence of previous decisions made, therefore the act of bringing it to Nexons attention is not a bad thing.... You people complaining to the OP are acting like jerk keyboard warriors for nothing. Please go play the game and stop harassing people on the forums.

Lol, k, I'll stop arguing.

It's a fact, 5th job advance is not suppose to take into consideration whether or not sf is enabled or disabled so there is no bugs in relation to 5th job advancement, nothing to argue. Shouldn't be any reply that says otherwise.

Hence why there's other sections in the forum more suited, such as Suggests or General. Never said that it shouldn't be brought up, just that it was in the wrong section.

Lol, you're harassing me rn and acting "like [a] jerk keyboard warrior" by saying I'm complaining and harassing when all I've done was ask the op how his report address es an actually bug and reply to his comments why I believe some of his "solutions" aren't viable. Why don't you "go play the game and stop harassing people on the forums"?
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Yinyang it depends on perspective. Your perspecitve seeing something as bug is not the same as others. and there is no absolute answer on right or wrong on this.

Bug for me is something is not intended and can disrupt the game play. It is not always a system. It can be gift bug, system update bug, advancement bug, login bug, equipment bug, system bug, skill bug, item bug, chair bug, map bug, tele rock bug , etc. Mostlikely un-intentionally and can happen on a lot of situation. And right now, people can't get their 5th job because they can't star force their gear i would say it is un-intentionally. And when people can't get their 5th job advancement and you are saying it is a not a bug is up to you.

But for me when players can't get their 5th job advancement, it is obviously a bug. A bug that appear after Maplestory decide to turn off starforcing system. It is not a bug directly on the system. It is a bug that appears after maplestory decide to temporarely cut off one of the system that makes player unable to advance to 5th job. Bug doesn't have to be in the system. Something that disrupt the system itself can be considered a bug eventhough it is un-intentional.

Players supposedly can get their 5th job advancement, but now they can't get their 5th job advancement because they can't fulfil one of the requirement because that requirement has been cut off temporarily by maplestory. The bug appear as the chain effect of disabling star force which makes player unable to advance to 5th job.

As i want to state it again, I am 100% agree with GM decision to cut off/disable Star force because they are doing the right thing. It is to prevent exploit. But there is a chain effect that comes afterward which will disrupt a big picture of the game, which is 5th job.

I am not suggesting to enable the starforcing system before it get fixed. I am suggesting to enable it after it get fixed. But i am also suggesting to give temporary solution so players can advance to 5th job if this fix might take a bit longer
    YoungRalph
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited July 2018
    whatever man, tough luck, there's no reasoning with you.

Pensalir set: Hat, overall, shoes, gloves, cape and weapon. 10 star force each = 60
    Ghost ship badge 10 stars = 70
    eye and face accessory 10 each = 90
    earrings another +10 = 100
    or a ring to 10 stars

yeah the set can be later broken, but with the Ark change in 5th job, it's best to prepare ahead of time regardless of this starforce being disabled. Like I said, that's what I did. I knew there was a starforce requirement, so I starforced ahead of time. so in this case it wasn't about starforcing for damage but for the 5th job requirement. and with bonus stats, it isn't the worst star forcing pensalir sets as they get decent bonus stats.

and whos to say im not in this situation. just cause im not complaining about it, doesn't mean im not, since they announced it, why would I bring it up to their attention.

Just a reminder. Overall gives more stars, double amount so it's considered as 20 stars and not 10.