[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Superior gollux ring in reboot server

Comments

• TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited June 2018
    Just remember a popular streamer CodeNox got special treatment and got his earrings back while us casuals are basically being told "sorry sucks to be you"
    Argent
  • walkerrrwalkerrr
    Reactions: 270
    edited July 2018
    I have a very simple solution:

Allow us to buy a second copy of any item in the gollux shop for the original price. Infinite times. Just like all the other coin shops (lucid, magnus, absolab)

This would make gollux consistent with rest of the game content. I don't have a comment on whether this should be applied to the normal servers. There should be a separate thread for that given this one is titled, "superior gollux ring in Reboot server"

Please leave a "Like" if you agree with this
    adideuDaxterbeerTheCheetamanoddTankPride
  • SeanthepepeSeanthepepe
    Reactions: 640
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    In my opinion the best option is to increase the coins it requires each time of purchase so it creates an incentive to keep killing the boss
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    In my opinion the best option is to increase the coins it requires each time of purchase so it creates an incentive to keep killing the boss

I would say this would be a balanced idea, we can keep buying them, but at the cost of the price increasing.
  • SeanthepepeSeanthepepe
    Reactions: 640
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Just remember a popular streamer CodeNox got special treatment and got his earrings back while us casuals are basically being told "sorry sucks to be you"

It's really not Sam's fault for getting the "special" treatment. As a fellow player that made the same mistake but instead of the earring, what I lost was my ring. The blame should be towards the team for favoring certain individuals while being unfair to others. Please don't blame this on Sam, and no I am not a fanboy, just a simple bystander wanting this problem to be resolved so we can all be ~~happily~~ playing this game again.
    TheCheetaman
  • adideuadideu
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2018
    I feel like everyone deserves what sam got. I mean why intentionally discourage players from playing the game? Just allow for infinite gollux restocks. I'm failing to see the downside of this.
  • minahominaho
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2018
    Commenting here to show my support. Hopefully this is not too difficult to implement
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2018
    So now that its confirmed gollux equips won't be getting high tier flame stats, we should at least be able to buy it from the shop again
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2018
    adideu wrote: »
    I feel like everyone deserves what sam got. I mean why intentionally discourage players from playing the game? Just allow for infinite gollux restocks. I'm failing to see the downside of this.

Now that SavageAce has announced that in 2 weeks, we are getting a star cap increase, items would be destroyed due to the destruction rate increasing as you star along with diminishing success rate for star enhancement. TMS has their Gollux equipment open to 25 stars, and we are mostly likely going to follow their formula too.
    25 Stars update would be incomplete without a store restocking since we will be destroying our accessories during our trials enhancing.
    PhantomMasterThiefadideuShadEightArgentLShadow3NeitXXz
  • NeitXXzNeitXXz
    edited July 2018
    with the release of 25*, if gollux restocks doesn't happen it means we will be eternally gated. Just from a game design standpoint I hope gollux restocks gets implemented.
  • scraper78scraper78
    edited July 2018
    If gollux is able to go to 22* then we definitely need this implementation. We have 3-4 endgame equips from the shop. Having them be irreplaceable would be gamebreaking
  • tomDALEpaterontomDALEpateron
    Hopefully during tomorrow's memo we can see the implementation of 25*
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2018
    Kind of upset that Gollux's shop doesn't restock yet and Kanna's Treasure isn't repeatable. Hopefully this get added soon. with the safeguard update we are getting shortly after the v197.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    @Arwoo got any info about gollux restocking, and repeatable kanna's treasure ring quest, in both: Reboot and Regular Worlds?
    since we Really need this now with 15~25 (22) Stars being a thing (and of course people will boom)
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    Reactions: 530
    edited July 2018
    Now that 25* is officially out, limiting purchases of gollux to only 1 is just unreasonably capping players. I mean this prevents us from even playing the content. Can we have some transparency as to the progress of this discussion? (hopefully it is not too much to ask)
    PhantomMasterThief
  • oddTankoddTank
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2018
    Being able to purchase more than one would be optimal, but I'm brainstorming some other possible solutions here:

What if the item purchased from the shop were a Use tab coupon that could be redeemed for the equipment. This coupon could be traded through the storage system in both reboot and non-reboot worlds. This coupon could only be redeemed after a quest that requires you to kill Hellux to keep up with the spirit of reboot not allowing equipment to transfer.

Add a new npc that can restore boomed items. The price could be based on the number of stars. Maybe it could be someone in Ardentmill or the Maple Admin in Event Hall.

Make it so that destroyed equips in reboot become 0 stars rather than equipment traces.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2018
    oddTank wrote: »
    Being able to purchase more than one would be optimal, but I'm brainstorming some other possible solutions here:

What if the item purchased from the shop were a Use tab coupon that could be redeemed for the equipment. This coupon could be traded through the storage system in both reboot and non-reboot worlds. This coupon could only be redeemed after a quest that requires you to kill Hellux to keep up with the spirit of reboot not allowing equipment to transfer.

Add a new npc that can restore boomed items. The price could be based on the number of stars. Maybe it could be someone in Ardentmill or the Maple Admin in Event Hall.

Make it so that destroyed equips in reboot become 0 stars rather than equipment traces.

It would be a lot easier to have the shop restock like scrolls. And why would it make sense to make boomed items in Reboot start from 0 stars instead of an item trace? I'm guessing you don't want to grind droplets, cores or stones :/.
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    Reactions: 530
    edited July 2018
    oddTank wrote: »

can you elaborate on this?

• walkerrrwalkerrr
    Reactions: 270
    edited August 2018
    Almost a month after 15* released and still no gollux restock. This affects literally 90% of players. Can we at least get a promise to doing it?
    jujuko12loveGIRLFRIEND
  • loveGIRLFRIENDloveGIRLFRIEND
    Reactions: 230
    edited August 2018
    I just destroyed my superior gollux earrings. Posting here hoping Nexon will consider this. please.