[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sugar Time Rigged or Not?

MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
Reactions: 2,075
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2018 in General Chat
Welp i think it's 100% rigged. I have gotten NO additional item's in any of the boxes. Only the 100% Guaranteed items. Was about to leave my house and seen this....
THIS is just my OPINION btw.
Anyways here...
59tAqQm.jpg?1
  1. Rigged or Not?18 votes
    1. Rigged
       44% (8 votes)
    2. Not
       22% (4 votes)
    3. Maple Logic: Didn't Get Anything So It's Rigged.....
       33% (6 votes)

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I don't know if rigged is the correct word for this event. I will say that the way they had such a massive prize list created for each of the boxes led me to believe that it would be a more common occurrence to get something from that extra list (even 1 out of 5 boxes giving you something from the extra list). The fact that no one in all of my buddy list or guild received any extra prizes from any of their accounts (which is evidenced by how infrequent the blue messages came up game-wide), coupled with the fact that both of the Million Maple Point winners were in Reboot (cause they totally need that there...) made for an event that was just disappointing than anything else.
  • TapiokaTapioka
    Reactions: 455
    edited August 2018
    I didn't even get through all the boxes, I made it up to the beauty box (2nd round of them) lol. Was super underwhelming but it's my fault for not being online through the whole event xd
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited August 2018
    don't worry, all rewards listed for the boxes are obtainable!
    MisterPENGUIN
  • ShakezulaShakezula
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2018
    so was this event friday and saturday ending at 5pm because the dates are screwed up on the event page for me
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    ive seen bot names (jibberish igns) get 1million maple points and billions of mesos lol, I don't think it's rigged. just a lot of players opening the boxes, think of it like the lottery, if yours isn't the winning ticket, someone else's is
    darikMisterPENGUIN
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited August 2018
    It's not really rigged. They just don't mention the fact that chance of you getting "additional items" is around 0.001%
    MisterPENGUIN
  • VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Hey, at least you were on for the right time. I completely missed the event because they typo'd the dates on the announcement post.
    MisterPENGUIN
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2018
    Well at least with maple m, they post the odds. If those odds are anything to go by "obtainable" might only be technically correct, as in the items really are in the prize pool but have odds like 6 one-thousandths of a percent chance.

This wasn't the worst sugar time we've had, free royals and a pet, but most people are going to walk away a little disappointed.
    MisterPENGUIN
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I am rather upset about the staying 2 hours online for the boxes.

Came home from work at 3pm and couldn't get all boxes.

But yeah, the item thing is also dumb.
    Got nothing good from this sugar time.
    MisterPENGUIN
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited August 2018
    Ever heard of how low the chance of increasing potential from cubes? Nexon boasts all those amazing shits out, but I bet those are even below 0.1% chance to obtain. It's so similar to lottery that no one will get any of that, so why you even have a hope? It has been like that for years.
    MisterPENGUIN