[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

no monster card

sakurakokohinasakurakokohina
Reactions: 300
edited September 2016 in Bug Reporting
ghost pirate isn't dropping its monster card

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Many creatures aren't
    Starcain
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you guys know of any monsters that aren't dropping their cards, please let me know.

MegaScience
  • BDanBDan
    Reactions: 885
    edited February 2017
    I am also having problems finding the [*] Ghost Pirate card. I contacted technical support to ask them to look into it and they sent me this reply:

Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced. The drop rate of the monster cards is based on RNG system and there are no reported issues in monster card drops. I actually tried replicating it earlier; however, I was unable to end up with the results that you mentioned. Given the situation, please be patient in looking for the Ghost Pirate Monster Card or switch to another channel.

Should there be any other issues or questions regarding the game, feel free to contact us again and we will be more than happy to assist you. You may also visit our support page if you encounter other issues.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

GM Eysera

Nexon America, Inc.
    ---

My Night Lord was level 122 when I started looking for it....he is now level 135+ and I have yet to find one. I also have a couple of friends who were unable to find get Ghost Pirates to drop their monster card.
  • WildNekoWildNeko
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited February 2017
    BDan wrote: »
    I am also having problems finding the [*] Ghost Pirate card.

That's the problem. Star Force monsters don't drop cards. Kill the normal version of the monster and you will get it in less than a minute.

• BDanBDan
    edited February 2017
    all the other [*] monsters in tee clock tower drop theirs.... and they are all [*] monsters.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2017
    WildNeko wrote: »
    BDan wrote: »
    I am also having problems finding the [*] Ghost Pirate card.

That's the problem. Star Force monsters don't drop cards. Kill the normal version of the monster and you will get it in less than a minute.

The issue is, there is no normal version. The only one that exists is the star force one. And like BDan said, every other monster in the area drops the card.

• choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    There are a number of enemies that don't drop cards because they're replacements for the old ones, or you get booted out of the map after killing said monster, or you just don't get to fight them anymore. If those won't get a fix, then I don't see why we should even care.
  • AngelicaxoxoAngelicaxoxo
    Reactions: 560
    edited August 2018
    Still an issue. Not fixed yet.
    Starcain
  • BDanBDan
    edited October 2018
    chooz wrote: »
    There are a number of enemies that don't drop cards because they're replacements for the old ones, or you get booted out of the map after killing said monster, or you just don't get to fight them anymore. If those won't get a fix, then I don't see why we should even care.
    Still an issue. Not fixed yet.

We care because it's a GAME FUNCTION that is MALFUNCTIONING.
    Let me put it another way:
    Some people play maple to simply get to lvl 250 as fast as possible, some to do as many quests as possible, make tons of mesos, etc.
    Others, like sakurakokohina, PirateIzzy, Angelicaxoxo and myself, like and enjoy the collecting aspect of the game; whether it be collecting medals, familiars, titles, or in this case codex sets.
    So please, I know this is an older post but, I (and certainly others) would appreciate it if Nexon would examine this bug with a little more scrutiny and kindly rectify it.