[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

After land quest line issues

LordRedLordRed
Reactions: 1,145
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Quest failure

Brief bug summary:
during the quest line you go to a land of warriors, i raised the sun, then proceeded to the land of riches, the quest was still up for me to lower the sun, but was stuck at the land of riches.

More details:
We need a way to go back to the previous areas in the AfterLands
so in a panic i tried to drop the quest to lower the sun, that only made it worse considering i have no available quests to proceed with After Lands

Steps to reproduce:
accept to go onto the next area (land of riches) without completing the quest to lower the sun in the land of warriors

Character name:
Zemm
Character level:
Character job:
Zero
World name:
Galicia
Date and time of the incident:
10/26/2016 11:00 AM est.

Comments

• LordRedLordRed
    edited October 2016
    all attempts to restart the quest line have failed and i can no longer finish or proceed with The After Lands quest line (Note) the quest is available for me at the land of warriors, with no way to get there and accept it.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Can you continue moving forward? When you reach the Land of Contemplation, you're told that you cannot move against the flow. You have to visit the lands in the order of Warriors, Riches, Contemplation and Innocence in that order.

Can you do that?
  • LordRedLordRed
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Can you continue moving forward? When you reach the Land of Contemplation, you're told that you cannot move against the flow. You have to visit the lands in the order of Warriors, Riches, Contemplation and Innocence in that order.

Can you do that?
    @Aggraphine

No im at the Land of Riches with no available quests in the area and the NPC will only send me back to the door or the Land of Riches.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    How'd you get out of the Land of Warriors without raising the sun first anyway?

Weird. I wonder if you could contact support's live chat and ask if they can punt you back a land.
  • LordRedLordRed
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

How'd you get out of the Land of Warriors without raising the sun first anyway?

Weird. I wonder if you could contact support's live chat and ask if they can punt you back a land.
    @Aggraphine

I was able to raise the sun, and choose an option of fighting. i choose to fight everyone. after completing that, i spammed through the quests and was brought to the land of riches. what i didnt do was Lower the sun. So while i was in the land of riches i noticed i skipped a quest. I then tried to quit the quest hoping it would make me restart the land of warrior sub quests but it did nothing. The warrior quest when you arrive is still available. I just have no way of returning to the land of warriors to repeat the sub quests and proceed back to the land of riches.

(why didnt they make it so we could travel between the lands freely)

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    Once you get to the Land of Contemplation, an NPC named Adler tells you that you can only travel through the lands in one direction. The decisions you make in one land will start to affect things in other lands as well, which is why you can't travel to any land in any order.

That said, try contacting support's live chat, they should be there today; ask them if they can move your character back to the Land of Warriors.
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited October 2016
    LordRed
    LordRed said:

all attempts to restart the quest line have failed and i can no longer finish or proceed with The After Lands quest line (Note) the quest is available for me at the land of warriors, with no way to get there and accept it.
    I am the same. I would enjoy this update a lot more if i could actually participate the fishing event or the Afterlands. I was no longer allowed to go to the fishing area or any worlds from Afterlands (including Land of Warriors). :(
  • LordRedLordRed
    edited October 2016
    I have contacted nexon support and had a ticketed submitted currently uploading a video explanation of my issue and will post back with my progress.
  • LordRedLordRed
    edited October 2016
    UNFORTUNATELY. after contacting Nexon, they choose to leave me this response.

"GM Kellori Today at 06:52
    Hello Mapler,

I appreciate that you took the time for bringing this to our attention. I understand that your issue is not solved yet. Unfortunately, we are unable to move your character to the correct map location because it might further complicate the rest of the quest. I would like to inform you that you may not reply on this ticket since your issue has been forwarded to our Game Team for investigation.

This ticket will be changed to Solved Status due to the ticketing system which it automatically tags the ticket as Solved after being in Pending Status for 5 days. I humbly ask for your patience while the Game Team are investigating this issue.

We very much appreciate your support and hope that you will remain a valued Mapler. If there are any other issues that need to be addressed, please don't hesitate to contact me.
    Sincerely,
    GM Kellori
    Nexon America, Inc."

No offence but i left every detail i could in my response and no it wouldnt further complicate the quest CONSIDERING I STILL HAVENT COMPLETED THE QUEST AREA AVAILABLE IT WOULD LITTERALLY BE THE SAME BEFORE I LEFT AND THE LAND OF RICHES WILL BE WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO BE. im really dissapointed in this response its like they showed ZERO effort in looking into the issue they simply thought. (the quest areas change after you beat them so we cant send him back) BUT DIDNT LOOK INTO DETAIL THAT I DIDNT FINISH CHANGING THE AREA SO THERE SHOULDNT BE AN ISSUE. DISAPPOINTING New content i cant even play.
  • LordRedLordRed
    edited October 2016
    --Im guilty of being in a bad mood while writing this--

i understand that my "issue has been forwarded to our Game Team" But im insulted to think you would completely ignore my research and say that it would "further complicate the quest" THE QUEST LINE IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE. meaning... YOU CANT FURTHER COMPLICATE WHATS ALREADY BROKEN. This response is to tell me the game team is working on damage control to make sure other customers dont run into the same issue and complain. But instead of working with the one who discovered it, you told me my ticket would be placed under solved and im to wait? please tell me again why you cant move my character to the right map whats honestly the worst that could happen? that i cant finish the quest line!?!? OHHH CUZ THATS MY CURRENT ISSUE. instead of atleast trying to fix my issue i was ignored with a copy and pasted reply. What will i receive for being forced out of the event!? nothing. i miss out again on another event. i am very unhappy with this. You ask me to remain patient while the quests and event days pass by giving me less time to complete things and its depressing that you would fix it for others before even trying to fix it for the person who brought it to your attention.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    It's not an event. It's permanent content.
    Wait, and redo it once they've ironed out the bugs.
  • LordRedLordRed
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

It's not an event. It's permanent content.
    Wait, and redo it once they've ironed out the bugs.
    i dont think ill get the chance to redo it thats the issue here. Im stuck with no way forward or back, the issue is simply to put me back in the correct map. But they have said they wont do that. Ive given evidence and found a possible solution which they said "would unable to move your character to the correct map location because it might further complicate the rest of the quest." The quest has been complicated to a point its not doable. This is a very copy and paste response. I Understand the structure of the quest and why they assume it would complicate the quest. I was given no answer to if there would be a fix or that i would get the chance to replay it. So in fact the service i was given was below par. felt obviously ignored and stacked onto a pile of other issues.
  • LordRedLordRed
    edited February 2017
    Update: No Fix was every given out for my issue. It has been months.
    31Bravoyeendev
  • yeendevyeendev
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited July 2017
    Still not fixed. I just got the bug too.
  • Bkim10Bkim10
    Reactions: 200
    Im having the exact same issue, is there a fix for this yet?
  • ANicePersonANicePerson
    Reactions: 200
    Same problem :( can't go back to the land of warriors.
    Quest ruined... anybody?
  • WillKaisnerWillKaisner
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2018
    Okay, I found this post while researching the problem, and have since resolved it... don't know if it's relevant anymore, but here goes...
    I had started one of the quests in the land of warriors and lost the title of the best mid quest line as well. What I did was to forfeit ALL current quests in the Afterlands and proceed to the main hub room (room with the door). I restarted my game, and when it came back up, the little cloud person (can't remember the name) had the quest for the land of warriors again. I accepted and he took me back to the land of riches. I clicked on him, and he allowed me to proceed to the next in the cycle only after accepting and completing the non repeatable quests for each world. When I got back to the land of warriors, it played a cut-scene where the main warrior lifted the sun again for a battle royale and I was able to claim the title again... smooth sailing from there. Hope this helps.
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited July 2018
    I just got this. Can't proceed with the questline because I can't get back to the Land of Warriors, stuck in Land of Riches.
  • spukibugispukibugi
    Reactions: 600
    edited August 2018
    Just got this issue... I'm guessing since it's been around for nearly two years I'm SOL.
  • sunnyv12345sunnyv12345
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2018
    Just got the exact same issue as LordRed. Accidentally entered the Land of Riches before completing the "[The Afterland] Nighttime is the Right Time (To Party)" quest. I submitted a ticket to the GMs. After some back and forth with the GMs (asking for screen shots of quest logs etc.), they teleported me to the land of warriors. That fixed my issue.

"Hi again Mapler,

Thank you for contacting us back here at Nexon Player Support and for the clarification.

As for your concern, please be informed that we have moved your character back to the Land of Warriors for you to continue your quest in the Afterlands. If you're still having issues completing this questline, please don't hesitate to contact us back again.

We will be waiting for your response. Thank you and take care!"