[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to progress in Monad Act 3

HinokoHinoko
Reactions: 310
in Bug Reporting
I am unable to progress in Monad Act 3 after accepting Einar's quest "Endless Training" at the end of the boss fight with Julieta. After accepting the quest i was teleported back to Skuas and unable to return to my previous map.

Comments

• agentcbcjagentcbcj
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2018
    Monad act 3 - After killing the fembris, I arrive at skuas it says that we are under attack and I need to go outside the castle gates to defend the monsters but there are no monsters. Also their is a quest available for elinar but he is nowhere to he found. Please help
  • YourSkillYourSkill
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2018

Bug type: Quest

After i defeat fembris, i was practicing with Elinar and Kayne (NPCs) because of the quest line, after i defeat them once i went out of the map mission to henesys, after a while i went back to MONAD map but i couldnt see Elinar npc or Kayne npc anymore to continue the quest line, instead there was a guard telling me to go outside to defend the castle, but when i go outside i dont see any monster, so im stuck, i cant finish monad ACT 3

Character name: zorelL

Character lvl: 169

Characte job: Pirate
  • ilovecornilovecorn
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2018
    as soon as the buildings start to collapse you dc. PLEASE FIX THIS
  • BakuazanBakuazan
    edited August 2018
    Bug type: questline bug

Brief bug summary: I have 2 quests active at the moment, MONAD: the author of the letter and MONAD:shadow withing fog. It says to talk to Aruhi but he is not in town, I have a lightbulb over Peytour tho but when I click it nothing happens. I can't leave town as well. Stuck in the zone at the moment, can do nothing.

Character name: Somsiad

Character level: 130

Character job: Kinesis

World name: Reboot (EU)

Date and time of the incident: 14:30 CEST+2
  • BakuazanBakuazan
    edited August 2018
    Relogging fixed the bug with the lighbulb click, moved on now. Problem solved.
  • PhisayPhisay
    I did the exact same thing after defeating the boss. I accepted the NPC quest before completing act 3 and now I'm stuck in town also.
    Here's a screenshot of the "runtime error! abnormal program termination" https://gyazo.com/298ffa1f5bcefe9a73c61f797d9672ba
  • plikkenplikken
    Reactions: 350
    i have the same problem
  • BakuazanBakuazan
    edited August 2018
    Bug type: questline bug

Brief bug summary: I have 2 quests active at the moment, MONAD: the author of the letter and MONAD:shadow withing fog. It says to talk to Aruhi but he is not in town, I have a lightbulb over Peytour tho but when I click it nothing happens. I can't leave town as well. Stuck in the zone at the moment, can do nothing.

Character name: Somsiad

Character level: 130

Character job: Kinesis

World name: Reboot (EU)

Date and time of the incident: 14:30 CEST+2
  • QueQue
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited August 2018
    Bug Type: Game Disconnecting

Brief bug summary: Julieta boss fight stage 1, disconnecting after a few minutes into the stage.

Details: Ever since Julieta was released a lot of players are disconnecting within the first few minutes of the boss fight on stage 1 where you have to move from building to building while fighting Julieta. This usually occurs when the building are collapsing, which triggers the disconnect.

This particular issue conflicts with the current maple missions event, specifically mission 6, where you have to complete all weekly missions and requires you to defeat Julieta daily, kill 100 jelly rashes, which is only accessible in the later stages of the Julieta boss fight, daily for 3 days and 300 jelly rashes in a week to complete this mission. This issue is basically soft locking people from receiving high demanded rewards, such as the unique potential scroll, reward points, and /or bonus potential cubes. The first stage of Julieta is extremely unstable, even after the unscheduled maintenance this night.

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: August 3rd, 2018 - 9:00 am PST, 12:00 pm EST
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Not sure if I just got really lucky, but what I try doing for the first stage is literally more or less just afk and only interact to move my character (as minimal as possible) and to pot.
    *possible semi-tempt solution

Will do some more experimenting and update.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    Happened to me on 4 out of 7 attemps today. I'm gonna run out of reset coupons by tomorrow at this rate.
  • Daniel1954Daniel1954
    Reactions: 715
    edited August 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Not sure if I just got really lucky, but what I try doing for the first stage is literally more or less just afk and only interact to move my character (as minimal as possible) and to pot.
    *possible semi-tempt solution

Will do some more experimenting and update.

I've done some experimenting the last couple of days and my current theory is that, during the first section only, one of her close combat skills (not sure which one) is the one that DC's you (as long as she uses it you have a chance to DC furhter down this section, just like what happened with the glide skill during the chase sequence); I assume that for your tests you stayed away from her to avoid moving as much as possible (?), staying away from her to avoid triggering those attacks during the first section is what is what I've been doing and it's worked so far (7 times in a row) for me.
    YinYangX
  • AvenixAvenix
    edited August 2018
    Happened to me a lot as well, getting in 1 out of 3 runs if I'm lucky. Pls fix nexon. (Bera)
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Daniel1954 wrote: »

I've done some experimenting the last couple of days and my current theory is that, during the first section only, one of her close combat skills (not sure which one) is the one that DC's you (as long as she uses it you have a chance to DC furhter down this section, just like what happened with the glide skill during the chase sequence); I assume that for your tests you stayed away from her to avoid moving as much as possible (?), staying away from her to avoid triggering those attacks during the first section is what is what I've been doing and it's worked so far (7 times in a row) for me.

I semi-agree. To me, it seems like the skill where it zooms up on you and she rears up backwards and shoots many tentacles at you (the one where you can roughly "see" where they're going to be, not the one other one where it shows a line and only three) is the problem skill. (Hypothesis based on how it my memory is always of her "standing" up before the dc.)
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited August 2018
    having us to kill 300 jellyfishes, its so slow to get there. f3
  • Daniel1954Daniel1954
    Reactions: 715
    edited August 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    I semi-agree. To me, it seems like the skill where it zooms up on you and she rears up backwards and shoots many tentacles at you (the one where you can roughly "see" where they're going to be, not the one other one where it shows a line and only three) is the problem skill. (Hypothesis based on how it my memory is always of her "standing" up before the dc.)

I'm not sure about the issue being that skill, I stay away so she uses it quite a lot and I haven't been DC'd so far even if she spams it; the thing with the DC during the boss battle is that apparently it's not immediate, I think that as long as she uses the problematic skill you have a chance to DC (and the more she uses it the higher the chance), even if it takes a little while to trigger; like the issue with the glide skill during the chase sequence (even Nexon concluded that the DC was from that skill and I'm sure that as long as I used the gliding during a run I was DC'd later even if I wasn't even jumping at the moment).

I just don't really remember her using the same skill every time I got DC'd while testing; but anyway, I'm curious about that and I already completed the weekly missions so I guess I can sacrifice a couple of runs to check that out.

*Edit: Alright, I did three tests:
    -In the first one I stayed as close to her for as long as possible; she used her Rush attack 4 times (not in a row) during the first rooftop (she didn't attack with her claw) and I DC'd right in the middle of the fourth one.
    -In the second test she used her rush attack twice and her claw once during the first rooftop, then I stayed away and waited for her to destroy the building before getting close again. At the second rooftop she used her Rush once and I DC'd again right in the middle of its animation.
    -For the third test I once again let her use her Rush twice during the first rooftop, then I stayed away until she destroyed 2 of the buildings; at the third rooftop she used her Rush twice and I didn't DC duriing those, but immediately after the second one she used her Screech attack and I got DC'd right there.

So, (since staying away the entire first section has worked for me so far) for now it looks like her Rush skill is the one with the issue (she didn't use her claw that much so I can't be sure whether that one may also be glitched or not) and i think that it can DC you even at a later time during that section.
  • JoeruJoeru
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited August 2018
    same to me and a friend, when we try to kill julieta we get dc/ed so.. we will not complete the event for get dc every time
  • TamireliaTamirelia
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited August 2018
    Happening to me too, not sure how I'm supposed to do Maple Missions this way. Worth noting that like half the time when it dcs me, it also makes both the world select buttons and the logout button unusable so I have to Alt + f4
  • BluTF2BluTF2
    Reactions: 535
    edited August 2018
    Me and my brother disconnected 3 times in julieta today
  • DaemoniserDaemoniser
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited August 2018
    Same problem here, after taking a some of hp, game dc