[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fully transparent pets, Familiars and Androids.

PeepPeep
Reactions: 3,950
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As the title says. Please add the option for fully transparent pets, Familiars and Androids. Right now we have the option which is a shared option that also affects skills but it isn't fully transparent. It is translucent.

After fighting the new boss Will today I can safely say this needs to be added asap. It was a nightmare. Not because the boss is new, difficult and we had new mechanics to deal with. It's mainly because the stuff cluttering the screen during major boss fights is a MAJOR issue. This is especially the case with Will's tornado attacks during phase 1. So many unnecessary deaths for something so easy to avoid had I been able to see what direction he was facing. Thanks to all the pets, androids and familiars on the screen the boss fight became 10x harder than it is.

I hope you can come up with a function to make all 3 of these fully transparent.

thanks
DFDFDwalkerrrEXdestBridesmaidAKradianAmaraIngridLyedenMangie75jujuko12

Comments

• zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    +1
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    Another thing to note- even if you set other players' effects as translucent, you can still see their android and pets. Why?
    EXdest
  • walkerrrwalkerrr
    Reactions: 270
    edited August 2018
    agree. these need to be fully transparent. I don't even wear a heart specifically because they are ugly.
  • FutureChrisFutureChris
    Reactions: 2,220
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    In the case of familiars, newer bosses such as Will, Hilla Reborn, and the Black Mage are designed in mind for a version of Maplestory that doesn't have familiars. Having them being transparent doesn't cross their mind because the only versions that have them (if I remember correctly) are us, CMS, TMS, and JMS. However, since JMS has an updated version of the codex, along with a much more sleeker familiar system, it might have a function where player-spawned familiars can be made to be transparent built-in.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with the old codex from 2010-2011 for the foreseeable future. It'd be nice if Nexon were to implement the new one for reasons such as being able to actually see a boss that we're attacking, but I think asking for that in particular would be reserved for another thread at another time.

It would be nice, though, if Nexon America could find a way to make player-spawned familiars transparent regardless; I recently tried to face Will to learn the mechanics of the fight and was unable to see his animation for his "Moving Eye of Death" attack half of the time.
  • PeepPeep
    edited August 2018
    The familiars aren't the only problem. The swarms of pets and androids are too. KMS has those available in their version. Most bosses have super knock back and knock backs in general. Whenever you get knocked back it's sometimes hard to see where your character is because of how many pets and androids there are. With other debuffs like reverse it makes things incredibly difficult in general. Then you have the people who want to hide them so there's less clutter on the screen.

They should just add the option for all 3 of these things. There was a thread requesting this a long time ago and after half arsing it and adding an option to the skill animation sliders (which isn't even fully transparent) they mentioned that they may possibly bring an option to disable these features separately. Some people want to see their skill animations still because there are important ones like the Battle mage shell which ends up being barely visible after using the sliders. Adding options would solve all issues.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited August 2018
    add pet size scaling cash item while u r at it!
  • BridesmaidBridesmaid
    Reactions: 1,225
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    What if they place androids/pets further back, behind animations? I am not denying Transparency as an option, but suggesting layered placement-priority. The problem is that they get in the way of visual animations, transparency could still interfere with sight if they remain on top of everything. I can't AFK pretty when pets are layered on top of my character and android. But Ghost pets are cool, I guess.

I imagine full transparency would look unusual to a GM at first glance. Though they could also consider client-sided vision of it. Then there would be a lot of functions to change in options. Like they had it so you don't have to see other player's damage. It sounds complicated, asking them to include something is easy enough but actually developing a code to make it work without issues is another thing. Think about the unscheduled maintenance they put us through after each update.

If they include Transparency and people report their pets or androids missing because they forgot they can't see it because of an option they've ticked, woe is Nexon. When it comes to Nexon, Nexon comes first then money; players are probably last on the list after dealing with hackers and botters.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    This is indeed something we've been asking for for a long time, and the skill transparency slider solution is indeed lacking.

I've forwarded this thread.
  • PeepPeep
    edited August 2018
    Bridesmaid wrote: »
    I imagine full transparency would look unusual to a GM at first glance. Though they could also consider client-sided vision of it. Then there would be a lot of functions to change in options. Like they had it so you don't have to see other player's damage. It sounds complicated, asking them to include something is easy enough but actually developing a code to make it work without issues is another thing. Think about the unscheduled maintenance they put us through after each update.

Client side is exactly how it should function. Most other MMOs have it like this.

I believe they already have part of the work done in settings. They already have sliders for options and tick boxes. They'd just need to add separate sliders for each option or allow us to tick what we want. It's obviously a bit more complex but I'm sure they can get it done fairly easily if they wanted to.
  • HarmlessHarmless
    Reactions: 660
    edited August 2018
    I really hope they look into this.
  • LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited August 2018
    +1
  • zSethzSeth
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    maplestory just had a conference Q&A (in taiwan i think?).
    and one of the asked questions was regarding making seperate slides to make androids and pets etc invisible. they answered that they are working in improving the UI and going to take this suggestion in consideration.

-> video with translation: https://youtube.com/watch?v=WZUL2K4Pupc
  • JinyobuJinyobu
    Reactions: 100
    +1

Please add separate transparency toggle feature for Pets, Androids, and Familiars....

z.z Nexon is almost as bad as NCSoft when it comes to necessary game changes/additions.