[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stop recommending dead servers to me

BiooomsBioooms
Reactions: 430
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please remove the 'Recommended server' notification when browsing the different servers in the login screen. For one, the server 'renegade' which is always being suggested to me is a very inactive server. So if there is any new players or players unaware of how bad the server population situation is right now, they might actually start in Renegade due to taking Nexon's recommendation at face value. It's almost cruel to set up people for one of the most inactive maple experiences you can have in GMS. It's pretty clear the Renegade alliance server has no place in GMS considering the population as maplestory is already oversaturated with underpopulated servers, but that just makes this recommendation that much worse.

Additionally, the recommended server notification can also interfere with the gameplay. If I forget to exit the popup after choosing my character(the popup can only be exited at the server login screen, NOT your character login screeen..) I either deal with the pop up being frozen on my screen, or I have to restart the nexon launcher and maple client. This seems excessive and unnecessarily punitive for simply not exiting a pop up. Either fix how the pop up is displayed throughout the login process if recommending a dead server is still the game plan or please get rid of it altogether. It serves very little purpose and does not function properly, surprised it hasn't been addressed already.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Yup, totally agree - unnecessary, distracting, and a nuisance if not dealt with properly.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited August 2018
    I agree, I have been very annoyed by this "feature".
  • ZepioreZepiore
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2018
    by your logic the only server that would ever be recommended is Bera, i run into plenty of people on renegade. it also doesnt have the massive bot problem that the "high population" servers seem to have. perhaps you have just been having bad luck with your login times on renegade?

It would be better to have the window automatically close when you left the screen where you could interact with it, maybe mark that as a bug?

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    The recommendation for Renegades is indeed both outdated (it's "recommended" since that world was added, back in 2012) and bugged (stays on the screen forever if you don't dismiss it at world select).
    Nexon has been informed.
    BiooomsInvulgo
  • BiooomsBioooms
    Reactions: 430
    edited August 2018

Zepiore wrote: »
    by your logic the only server that would ever be recommended is Bera, i run into plenty of people on renegade. it also doesnt have the massive bot problem that the "high population" servers seem to have. perhaps you have just been having bad luck with your login times on renegade?

It would be better to have the window automatically close when you left the screen where you could interact with it, maybe mark that as a bug?

Don't mean to knock on the people already in Renegade, i'm in a server with a similar population. It is just the recommendation for Renegade is obsolete, I mean what basis is there to still be recommending it 6 years later? Like Akradian said, when the server first came out in 2012 the recommendation could be rationalized, but 6 years later how can you see it as anything but outdated? If they wanted to help new comers/returning players to choose a server, displaying the online populations for all of them would allow people to make informed decisions as to which server they prefer, at least on the basis of population. Even if they don't implement that, I at least hope they address this buggy, outdated 'feature'.