[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lab Server Level 200 Quest Not Completing

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited August 2018 in Vault
Hi Maplers,

We've been seeing a number of reports from players stating that after reaching level 200 on the Lab server, their Level 200 milestone quest isn't being completed. Please note that this may be due to one of two reasons:

1. You did not die upon reaching level 150 for the level 200 quest without any deaths.
2. You died at any point in time after accepting the leveling to 200 quest.

If you believe it's the second reason, please be sure to forfeit the quest and accept it again after dying and being reset to level 10. If you do not forfeit the quest, reaching level 200 will not count towards the quest's clear condition.

Please see the full details of the Lab server here: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/34318/updated-august-10-lab-server-here-for-a-limited-time

Thank you,

Aru

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Worth noting about #2 is that you can't re-accept the quest unless you are level 10 so you'd need to die first if you've already messed up and died after accepting the quest (while challenging Von Leon, or otherwise).
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Why not fix the issue since you're aware of it instead of making people level to 200 again
    PuppyPowr
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    You know what the dumbest part of this idea is? You're already penalized with a reset for dying at any point before 200. There's no need for the quest to have "don't die" in its coding.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2018
    chooz wrote: »
    You know what the dumbest part of this idea is? You're already penalized with a reset for dying at any point before 200. There's no need for the quest to have "don't die" in its coding.

Getting to 200 without dying is entirely feasible though. It does require, however, sinking a stupid amount of time into scrolling everything you can as high as it'll go.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I never said anything about that.
  • fubs100000000fubs100000000
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited August 2018
    why not just throw out the quest all together and make it so that we get reward base on if we have
    1. accepted the quest
    2. have a level 200 character when lab closes

I understand some people have already died after finish the quest. However I would like to make note that there is inconsistantcy with TMS to begin with and part of the code probably does that already anyways.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    chooz wrote: »

Getting to 200 without dying is entirely feasible though. It does require, however, sinking a stupid amount of time into scrolling everything you can as high as it'll go.

That's not the point. It's LAB you can already only get to 200 without dieing. But someone thought it would be fun to test your ability to abandon and reaccept a quest.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited August 2018
    they prob didnt get it cuz they not that pro -_- sux
  • fubs100000000fubs100000000
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited August 2018
    we should just remove the level 10 restriction to accept the quest. As many people pointed out that in most cases leveling to 150 and die and level to 150 again is not that big of a deal. Since its not that big of a deal we should just remove the dying part all together so that people can forfeit and re accept the quest at 200.
    Forcing people to die at 150 makes zero sense to begin with, forcing quest to be accepted at level 10 makes even less sense.
  • shaniimalshaniimal
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2018
    So I unfortunately had forgotten to accept the level 200 quest again at level 10 (after dying at 120), made it to 200 before the Lab server ends, only to find out I don’t get to receive any of the rewards.
    This is very disheartening since I put in all the work to get to 200 and the server ends today, giving me no chance to start over and do it again.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    shaniimal wrote: »
    So I unfortunately had forgotten to accept the level 200 quest again at level 10 (after dying at 120), made it to 200 before the Lab server ends, only to find out I don’t get to receive any of the rewards.
    This is very disheartening since I put in all the work to get to 200 and the server ends today, giving me no chance to start over and do it again.

It actually ends tomorrow (about 30 hours from the time of this post).
    But that's not a lot of time if you have a life outside of Maple.