[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Superior gollux ring in reboot server

Comments

• SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I agree with oddTank. We should really move towards a better system that doesn't completely destroy people's items.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited August 2018
    Hey guys, this is currently an ongoing topic on our end.
    I don't know how soon or if it would be possible just yet, but the key points made in this thread have been delivered.
    OMGitsJayVisoreddarik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    I don't know how soon or if it would be possible just yet, but the key points made in this thread have been delivered.

Would it be a global restock or exclusive to reboot?
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited August 2018

Hate to sound ungrateful, but what kind of "on going topic" is there. What else is there to discuss? It's completely unnecessary to have a restriction on end game items. Like it took a streamer to threaten quitting the game before support would do anything for anybody who sold any of their one time/limited time items. You guys even said at the Community meet up that you guys didn't know why you restricted the gollux items in the first place. Why did it take over six months for you guys to even reply to this thread? Because CodeNox lost his? Because we have 25*? You guys knew 25* was coming yet GMS devs were like "hurdurr yeah. let's NOT restock Gollux"

Sorry that I sound salty and ungrateful, but it's truly idiotic that this has to be an on going topic when the answer should be an obvious "yes gollux should be restock and should NOT be limited to X amount of purchases."

jujuko12ShadEightDFDFDOMGitsJaydarikPride
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018

Hate to sound ungrateful, but what kind of "on going topic" is there. What else is there to discuss? It's completely unnecessary to have a restriction on end game items. Like it took a streamer to threaten quitting the game before support would do anything for anybody who sold any of their one time/limited time items. You guys even said at the Community meet up that you guys didn't know why you restricted the gollux items in the first place. Why did it take over six months for you guys to even reply to this thread? Because CodeNox lost his? Because we have 25*? You guys knew 25* was coming yet GMS devs were like "hurdurr yeah. let's NOT restock Gollux"

Sorry that I sound salty and ungrateful, but it's truly idiotic that this has to be an on going topic when the answer should be an obvious "yes gollux should be restock and should NOT be limited to X amount of purchases."

You do in fact sound ungrateful, You do realize they have other topics/requests/suggestions/feedback on their plates. The most you should hope for is that this topic is in circulation during their "round table" moments, where they discuss these things.
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    Reactions: 530
    edited August 2018

You do in fact sound ungrateful, You do realize they have other topics/requests/suggestions/feedback on their plates. The most you should hope for is that this topic is in circulation during their "round table" moments, where they discuss these things.

Let's keep in mind that this suggestion has been heard and "discussed" by the admins since Reboot began. From this perspective, I think FOUR YEARS seems like a sufficient time to make a sound decision on this topic -- especially since it literally affects 98% of Reboot players, and 70% of the game's clientele.

I understand the 25* enhancement has resurfaced this topic and made it an even more pressing issue. But even if we were still at 15*, I can't for the love of God think of one rational reason against Gollux Restock.

I honestly challenge any one to enumerate cogent arguments for why it is a good idea to punish players so harshly for negligent mistakes, inexperience, Server lag (in codeNox's case), misclicks accidentally dropping item, or forgetting to tick the "safeguard box".

You make any ONE of these mistakes at ANY time. Guess what? You're short 1-2mil range. You'll never be as good as your peers no matter how hard you try. You're barred from reaching your maximum potential.

Logically speaking, every one knows a player who has been discouraged from playing and rage quits will NOT be buying NX. Nexon: let's keep our eyes on the prize here. The name of the game is to keep players hooked and buying NX. Destroying player motivation to play the game ... will that make the player want to buy more NX or sever their partonage? (HINT: Let's not forget the unknown number of players who have QUIT the game after this past sunday's star force event. How much NX do you think they will be buying? Or will they take their wallets to the increasingly competitive rival games out there? Such as WoW, Overwatch, LoL, Fortnite, the list goes on.

@Arwoo. Thanks for responding to this thread. With all due respect, we already know this is in your discussion. You said this 2 months ago when CodeNox asked about it. You told him the same thing, "It is an ongoing topic that is being discussed!". Now we are already in august. Can you provide some insight to as to the arguments against gollux restock?
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018

He does not sound ungrateful in the least, simply because there is nothing to be grateful for. You're right, they do have many issues on their plates, perhaps it's because it takes them years to address anything that isn't immediately urgent? You seem to be a bit too easily satisfied with them.

jujuko12
    edited August 2018
    There in lies the answer to your question, "takes them years to address anything that isn't immediately urgent."

I think Nexon was too lenient with that Nox guy, it was completely his fault. Who cares if he was going to quit cause of NPCing the earrings. If it takes something like that to make you quit, maybe you were gonna quit already.

Satisfied with what exactly? Maybe I just know about how companies operate on the inside when proposals and projects come to discussions, which takes time to reach an agreement. Multiple levels that have to receive the proposals and each division manager has their own feedback, and if one doesn't like something, they go back to the drawing board. They cant just say, " Reboot, infinite restock gollux equips, go. Make it happen." If they do implement this, it'll be during a major update when they can code it in properly.

As far as Arwoo's responses, that don't give much more info, that's all he can sometimes say to us, because if he tells us info, that info can then be changed because someone didn't like the proposal or wanted to make a change to it later on, Arwoo would be held accountable by the community for giving us "false info". That's why he doesn't go into detail. I'm assuming. Or sometimes that's even all he's told because they haven't reached an agreement between everyone that has to "ok" it.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    Answer to what question? That was the question.

I understand that these things take time, but compare Nexon to any other company out there. These things should not under any circumstances take years to address. And frankly, are they even addressing them? I could count on one hand the amount of times Nexon actually listened to what their community is asking and did something about it. Mostly they just copy-paste KMS and fix bugs they created while copy-pasting KMS.
    Of course, my frustration isn't directed towards Arwoo, nor is it about this issue specifically, but about the way Nexon operates in general; which is doing the very bare minimum to keep the game running, while only considering going out of their way when there's a major community outcry.
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited August 2018
    Nexon ignores their problems long enough so it gets swept under the rug and then they can continue ignoring it until the next person brings it up. Rinse and repeat.
    jujuko12DFDFD
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    edited August 2018
    BunnySaki wrote: »
    Nexon ignores their problems long enough so it gets swept under the rug and then they can continue ignoring it until the next person brings it up. Rinse and repeat.

basically this. Every player understands the only thing that matters is we continuously buy NX. But isn't it also true that players who quit the game don't buy NX anymore?
    edited August 2018
    maplestory isn't the only Nexon published game that uses NX. It's their cash cow, but there's others.

the whole quitting the game thing and not buying nx anymore, is an empty bluff. The only ones that quit buying NX are mainly the ones that dont even spend a lot to begin with.
  • NikkieTBNikkieTB
    Reactions: 310
    I understand situations like these needs to be discussed, but as others have stated, it's rather perplexing it's an ongoing discussion.

What downsides would it be, for these untradable rings (at least in reboot), to not be repurchasable.
    I'm not able to get the reinforced or the superior rings/earrings again, and thus my character is very limited for gearing up in the end.
    jujuko12
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    edited August 2018
    NikkieTB wrote: »
    I understand situations like these needs to be discussed, but as others have stated, it's rather perplexing it's an ongoing discussion.

What downsides would it be, for these untradable rings (at least in reboot), to not be repurchasable.
    I'm not able to get the reinforced or the superior rings/earrings again, and thus my character is very limited for gearing up in the end.

Please name one downside. Just one.
  • NikkieTBNikkieTB
    Reactions: 310
    edited August 2018

jujuko12 wrote: »
    NikkieTB wrote: »

Please name one downside. Just one.

That's what I said in my comment. There's NO downside to it, at all.
    I can't name one.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2018
    Another advantage:

Having a replenishing Gollux shop not only allows the player to replace broken items, but it also allows mules to have access to these gears midgame or simply without doing the long quest to Gollux. I was always cheap with my mules (even though i give them nicely flamed and epic armor and accessories, 15% traced weapons, but I never supplied them with Gollux rings or earrings due to them being limited to 1 per character and spending billions for a clean ring or earring would just be stupidly expensive (I have no problem sharing belts and pendants with my other characters or making nice Epic gear for them.)

If the shop were to change, other characters would have easier access to these accessories, and replacing a destroyed problem would be easier (non-Reboot) or even possible (Reboot.)
    jujuko12
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    edited August 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Another advantage:

Having a replenishing Gollux shop not only allows the player to replace broken items, but it also allows mules to have access to these gears midgame or simply without doing the long quest to Gollux. I was always cheap with my mules (even though i give them nicely flamed and epic armor and accessories, 15% traced weapons, but I never supplied them with Gollux rings or earrings due to them being limited to 1 per character and spending billions for a clean ring or earring would just be stupidly expensive (I have no problem sharing belts and pendants with my other characters or making nice Epic gear for them.)

If the shop were to change, other characters would have easier access to these accessories, and replacing a destroyed problem would be easier (non-Reboot) or even possible (Reboot.)

Just to add onto that, I'm sure many players will appreciate not having to do gollux prequest on every single character/link skill they plan on funding moderately. This will save people a lot of time and give them more free room to buy and spend NX.
  • VisoredVisored
    Reactions: 400
    edited August 2018
    If gollux restocks, will wondroid restock too?
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    edited August 2018
    Visored wrote: »
    If gollux restocks, will wondroid restock too?

I'm hoping so, although that issue may require a separate thread.
  • HyouiHyoui
    Reactions: 320
    Boom my gollux from the starforcing event, hoping Nexon will restock shop soon or make a way for us to somehow recover our boom gollux equips.
    jujuko12Visored