[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

perm. closure of Mr. Lee's event. wilderness buff?

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
If you are closing Mr. Lee's airlines permanently, please bring a way to earn the wilderness hunter buff. This event allowed you to earn this buff as a daily reward, this is an extremely valuable buff (+100 wa/ma +10k hp/mp). A lot of end game players were relying on this buff for dojo and a boost to bossing. This is not the 1st time Mr. Lee's airline was being considered to be removed and the true fact of its removal has nothing to do with buggy content but just a way to end the useful buff this event provided. Player earned buffs have been nerfed over time going forward. There was once a point in time you could stack any buffs available no matter how old they were or what content they were from. Over time our ability to stack different consumable buffs has been robbed from us to a severe stance. If this is the way you want to go with it Nexon how about you just remove all buffs from the game right here and now instead of slowly leaching them away as if we don't take notice? But I do get it, take away their free range from buffs and add a way to gain more pay to win range in exchange... I get it.

But in lieu of bringing back the wilderness hunter buff, I would suggest a more fair change instead and buff onyx apples to be what wilderness hunter buff was. So extending an onyx apples duration to 30 minutes and adding +10k HP/MP, would be a fitting change as i am not the only one who has scoffed at onyx apples poor duration.

But in closing Mr. Lee's air line i will miss you, I will never forget the graphic plane crash scene you once had(was removed) that truly scared me body and soul as i was going to be going on a real flight just days after mr. lee's event opened, one of my favorite in game events totally nostalgic due to said scare, such a shame.

Comments

• ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2018
    If you think they are primarily closing Mr. Lee's due to the Wilderness Buff, why would you think they would buff Onyx Apples?

I agree that is a bad change, one that seems to once again target non-KMS content. But, I don't see them doing anything to make things better. Nexon seems to take the one step forward two steps back approach to everything.
    darik
  • zSethzSeth
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    im quite happy about the removal of Mr.Lee. to me it was just another daily thing that hat to be done if you want to play optimal. it even was one of the longer daily quests and we still have so many pots to boost our self. i would rather have none of them, except for the ones crafted with alchemy maybe.

also, they talked/announced it in discord and stuff, so its kinda unfair to say they slowly leech it away and "hope we dont notice it".

i bet there are just as many people happy about this as there are people upset.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited August 2018
    Outside of wilderness hunter buffs, adequate training areas, and mounts, what are some other elements you will miss from Mr. Lee?

Correct me if I am mistaken, weren't the island quests a great, reliable source for obtaining lots of attribute points?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Outside of wilderness hunter buffs, adequate training areas, and mounts, what are some other elements you will miss from Mr. Lee?

Correct me if I am mistaken, weren't the island quests a great, reliable source for obtaining lots of attribute points?

You mean Traits, and they were. About 200 to each trait per day. Very important for Pink Beans who can't learn professions.
    scholar624
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited August 2018
    nostalgia and wilderness hunter buff were my 2 keys points, i will never forget the graphic plane crash scene on the original mr. lee's airlines event b4 they removed the crash scene, and it hit me with twice the effect cause i had to renew my TIGS for railway foremanry at the time and was scheduled for a flight for the next day after i played the event on release. I literally thought it was an omen of not to go and that the plane i was going to winnipeg on was gonna crash lol