[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

cannot connect to game (ReplyIfYouHaveSameProblem)

ZeroforvoidZeroforvoid
Reactions: 610
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2018 in Tech Support
I've been getting the 3 option login issue for the last 2 days after moving and I've sent a ticket and tried everything nexon threw at me so I figured why not get some of the people on this forum to look at it too.
1. games down for maintenance,(it's not)
2. Ip banned (I got it on two gm's records that I'm not)
3.your connections unstable, (i'm typing this online right now I can play overwatch and ironically maplestory2 this is not the problem.)
I wasn't having this issue before I moved on augs 23 and I didn't try opening the game that day till around 1 am pst meaning AFTER MAINTENANCE.
I've tried booting up the game from nexon launch over 25 times and only got it to open 3 times only to crash after putting in my pin. I was originally running on wifi but then tried switch to an Ethernet port and it didn't work.

I've tried everything from:
uninstalling maplestory, and re-downloading
deleting my maplestory folder, and re-downloading
repairing installation
Ipconfig/release/renew/dnsflush
turning off anti virus
disabling everything in msconfig
ran a system restore
reset router
plugged in Ethernet port
had someone else in the house download and try to run the game only for them to also get the error
and
I tried all of the fixes listed here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/21580/game-does-not-launch#latest

NONE OF THESE FIXES WORKED. So now I'm trying to see if anyone else has this issue so that we can see if it has to do with the latest maintenance or not because this issue didn't start up until,
a. I moved
or
b.last maintenance.
ruth02
  1. are you also having this issue?4 votes
    1. yes and it only started after last maintance
       75% (3 votes)
    2. yes but it was a long time ago
       25% (1 vote)
    3. no
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• ZeroforvoidZeroforvoid
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    update:
    I've tried updating my windows and drivers
    a disk de-frag
    and downloading the game on steam
    none worked...
  • NexonPLeaseSENDHELPNexonPLeaseSENDHELP
    Reactions: 500
    edited August 2018
    Have you tried the regedit solution. someone posted the solution link in my forum and its solution 3 and 4. Sadly it didnt work for me but you should try it if you havent.

Its been almost a month and my game doesnt launch. Dont know what nexon is doing lmao
  • ZeroforvoidZeroforvoid
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Have you tried the regedit solution. someone posted the solution link in my forum and its solution 3 and 4. Sadly it didnt work for me but you should try it if you havent.

Its been almost a month and my game doesnt launch. Dont know what nexon is doing lmao

omg it's been a month for you? What isp do you use?? D:
    I did try the regedit solution but I'll try again to see if I can get anything to change

edited August 2018
    well i was using eastlink then i moved back home and now im using rogers. Its not the isp that messes the game up i think its just nexon not doing anything about a bug
    edited August 2018
    oh and funny story maplestory2 works sooooo somethings wrong with the files on maplestory 1
  • ZeroforvoidZeroforvoid
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

oh and funny story maplestory2 works sooooo somethings wrong with the files on maplestory 1

Ya nexon seems to think the isp i have is the problem even tho i don't see any fourm post about century link blocking maplestory users, ya i'm amble to run both ms2 and overwatch fine and both are way more resource intensive games then maple so maple not working makes no sense...

It seems like maple just hates it when people move...
  • ZeroforvoidZeroforvoid
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Like do i just have to give the ms support team my ip????? or is the game file just messed up after the last maintenance...
  • kamitosamakamitosama
    Reactions: 100
    i am glad I am not alone as of 27/08/2018 @638pm Singapore time I am unable to get into the game without having those error message pop up constantly as I am trying to launc
  • GEANHAGEANHA
    I have had similar problem since today.
    edited August 2018
    its not cuz of moving i dont think like i was playing fine before then it just randomly stopped working..
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited August 2018
    this problem is not to today, this problem after closing the access by the launcher of the game maplestory.exe by the nexon launcher to had up to today constant crashes, constant time delay to access the game, lag errors in the servers, never there was an improvement of the game in stability, the game to today, in some channels the crash is constant, the channel lag, sorry for the inconvenience but not only are some people, many people today looking in the staff of nexon a fix to all this, and it is reflected, many abandon the game for these crashes and channels with an unstable lag, the events where many expected spectacular things and past events, are changed by events in my opinion and some, of bad , the nexon staff maybe thinks that everything is fine, but the game is in a bad position, we hope for a definitive solution some day in terms of the gameplay, many people love this game, especially the one who writes this post
  • GEANHAGEANHA
    edited August 2018
    Everything becomes normal when I try to escape out of the "Eos Tower 93rd Floor". What happened ??. I had to log in continuously to step out of the tower until I decided to use Mystic door ... I think Nexon should have something to do with this error because I know that many people make similar mistakes: "http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/20329/eos-tower-93rd-floor-bug";
  • ZeroforvoidZeroforvoid
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    GEANHA wrote: »
    Everything becomes normal when I try to escape out of the "Eos Tower 93rd Floor". What happened ??. I had to log in continuously to step out of the tower until I decided to use Mystic door ... I think Nexon should have something to do with this error because I know that many people make similar mistakes: "http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/20329/eos-tower-93rd-floor-bug";

you know I'd love to help you But unlike you I can't even access the game, so could you PLEASE not bump YOUR trend in my trend.
    edited August 2018
    GEANHA wrote: »

at least you can run the game. This manz and I cant even load the game...
  • GEANHAGEANHA
    edited August 2018
    Sorry if it bothered you, but i have encountered the same error as you and i just want to give out so anyone with the same problem can solve it themselves. I would stop here. Hope you will get the support from the admin.
  • WingedCocunutWingedCocunut
    I have the same problem