[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion - A messaging system

YoongiYoongi
Reactions: 1,735
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I feel like this is something Maple used to have wayyy back in the day but it seems to be gone now.

I would like to see some kind of messaging system where you can leave people messages when they are offline, or even when they are online but possibly afk or miss a whisper due to them either being turned off or because it gets pushed away from lots of other messages coming through.

Even if it's not an instant messenger style thing (which I know maple is capable of doing, as seen in trade windows) but something more like an email type system would be nice.
I'd like to contact some of my guild members who are in different timezones, but it's not possible due to, well, no messaging system.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a simple 'to, from, date.' Forgo a subject line if it makes it easier to implement, I'd just love some kind of way to contact people.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I recommend making a guild Discord.

The system you describe sounds like it would be too susceptible to spam.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited August 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    I recommend making a guild Discord.

The system you describe sounds like it would be too susceptible to spam.

We have a discord, but it doesn't do any good if the members aren't using it.
    If spam is a concern, make a 'friends only' or 'guild only' setting.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I'd like to see some simple messaging system too. Nearly every other MMORPG has some form of mailbox. Ours was just disabled because of bots/dupes/whatever else. Having the ability to maybe send 10 plain text messages per day, and allow people to filter it, would be such a simple QoL change.

Until then you could maybe make people use the guild BBS to post messages? They're not private and the format sometimes bugs out but it's something.
  • DrAatroxDrAatrox
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited August 2018
    We had a messaging system like you are explaining, in EMS. You could type in the name of the recipient and write a message.
    The message would appear just like the message you get after gifting someone something from cash shop.
    The system worked great, and there was no sign of spam if that is what people are fearing.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    All the other regions of maplestory, always had and, still have the message/mail feature/system.
    In MSEA it's called a note:
    6m12shm.png
    1Y9lD3x.png
    iXLfsaH.png
    79cPNPj.png

~ Would be nice if the gms team could bring this back.
    YinYangX
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Yeah I definitely concur with that. It's nice if you've planned to do something with a friend while they're afk and you have to leave, just to let them know incase they miss it in their text box. I agree with having a guild/buddy-only filter to reduce the chance of spam, as well as another method being a 5-10 limit of messages sent per day.
  • Khov97Khov97
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited September 2023
    PLS ADD MORE FORNITURE TO GUILD CASTLE,
    I would love to decorate the castle but all the drops are on hard bosses like lucid and slime, please add drop decoration on bosses more accessible to players thanks