[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Launcher

ShirusShirus
Reactions: 510
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Nexon launcher is the worst launcher i've ever used, trying to play maple story 3 times and still gets crashing at the start ! And it's not the thing i'm getting in a week, it's happening EVERY SINGLE DAY ! Why we can't just open Maple Story without launcher ?
Another day: 1st time turning on maple: CRASH
Lyeden

Comments

• Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited August 2018
    Shirus wrote: »
    Nexon launcher is the worst launcher i've ever used, trying to play maple story 3 times and still gets crashing at the start ! And it's not the thing i'm getting in a week, it's happening EVERY SINGLE DAY ! Why we can't just open Maple Story without launcher ?
    Another day: 1st time turning on maple: CRASH, THAT'S BULLSHIT

Haha, welcome to MapleStory 2018.

Every time I log into MapleStory, I always, always crash at least 1-2 times.
    Lyeden
  • ShirusShirus
    edited August 2018
    Update after Update and game is getting unstable more ! I can bet that i'm not first person that is saying that nexon launcher is really bad and they still didn't do anything about it.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2018
    The launcher shouldn't have any affect on the number of times you crash. I realize someone's going to say "you don't think it would but but but GameLauncher.exe didn't" but that's actually not true at all; unless the crash is occurring during the launcher there is no relation between the launcher and the game itself. I'll say that as someone who has basically 9/10ths of a degree in computer science; there shouldn't be a difference. The launcher is built to launch the game, in essence feeding a command into the command prompt to launch a new instance of the program. It does this all pretty and includes a lot of bells and whistles like options, automatic updates, and other such stuff common to game launchers, but the launch part is the same.
    Typically I'd also say that I can't replicate the issue, but I've found that unless the issue has specific steps to reproduce people simply reject this answer instead of clarifying anything. But for what it's worth, I cannot replicate the issue and have had no problems crashing when using the launcher.

There are currently stability issues, however, which are affecting a number of players and include high latency and crashing. If you really believe it's the launcher causing these issues, there is an alternative via Steam, but as I stated, I cannot guarantee this will fix anything.
    These latency issues I can confirm, especially during peak hours, like when I crashed after getting 3/4ths of the way through Chaos Von Bon. Again, for whatever that's worth.
  • ShirusShirus
    edited August 2018
    When i tried to move to steam, there already was my email in steam nexon account so i can't use it anymore cuz, it wasn't my email that i'm using on current nexon account. i really preciate your answer but i can't understand everything ( i don't know english perfectly), so i have a question, where the problem is ? I mean what causes a lot of crashes every day ?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2018
    When i tried to move to steam, there already was my email in steam nexon account so i can't use it anymore cuz, it wasn't my email that i'm using on current nexon account. i really preciate your answer but i can't understand everything ( i don't know english perfectly), so i have a question, where the problem is ? I mean what causes a lot of crashes every day ?

You should be able to link your Steam account to your Nexon account, even if they use different emails. The Steam launcher should do so automatically if you try to launch through there.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/216150/discussions/0/412446890563242989/

As far as why crashes are happening, I do not know. There are a variety of reasons why crashes occur.
    I'm just saying that as far as my experience working with various launchers and programs goes, if there was an issue with the launcher itself then the game likely wouldn't launch at all. If you're crashing during startup, my best guess is that the game is simply failing to connect to the server. Since I haven't experienced the issue, I can't offer any tips, but Nexon is aware of the various latency issues currently affecting the game.
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited August 2018
    the problem whit steam is w , maplestory for many people of south americ isnt available for play this, and many people of americ south play maple, to cause of this steam not permit this , i am of peru but i cant enter to ms via steam , only by nexon launcher, but nexon launcher have a problem, the delay for ente to the game and the crashs constants for manys, muy latency of play is of 9ms and present crash and lag and all the requerimients for play a good cpu
  • ShirusShirus
    edited August 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

You should be able to link your Steam account to your Nexon account, even if they use different emails. The Steam launcher should do so automatically if you try to launch through there.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/216150/discussions/0/412446890563242989/

As far as why crashes are happening, I do not know. There are a variety of reasons why crashes occur.
    I'm just saying that as far as my experience working with various launchers and programs goes, if there was an issue with the launcher itself then the game likely wouldn't launch at all. If you're crashing during startup, my best guess is that the game is simply failing to connect to the server. Since I haven't experienced the issue, I can't offer any tips, but Nexon is aware of the various latency issues currently affecting the game.

I (probably) can't play MS via steam cuz when i launch maple there is small window with loggin to nexon account, there is email already writing and i can't change it ! Even if that email wasn't a nexon account email.
    EDIT: i'm not fully sure about that email i will check it after maintence.
  • ShirusShirus
    edited August 2018
    I've found the solution ! I will made a new account on steam just for Maple, we will see if there will be less crashes.
  • LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited August 2018
    I play via steam and I crash between 1~6ish times every login ^_^
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    Steam crashes just as much for me.
  • ShirusShirus
    edited August 2018
    For now, i'm playing via steam for like 3-4 days, and i have to say : Yes steam can crash but it's happening to me max. 2 times a day, nexon launcher could crash 2 times per hour so it's still better for me....