[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon should buff map spawns and remove kishin

TheRexoTheRexo
Reactions: 340
edited September 2018 in General Chat
Nexon should remove kishin and increase mob spawn rate instead before the new lvl 275 cap
Those repetitive discussions have enough reasons:
Nowdays:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/910gc7/food_for_thought_decent_kishen/?utm_source=reddit-android

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/9b63iu/can_we_please_get_kishin_as_kanna_link_skill/?utm_source=reddit-android

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/9baaay/can_we_please_get_decent_kishin/?utm_source=reddit-android

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/7ruiu5/reboot_kishin_feels/?utm_source=reddit-android
Even Years ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/4v2pfj/am_i_the_only_one_that_wishes_that_they_would/?utm_source=reddit-android

2gz0fq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Edit:
Sum of the repeated suggestions in those threads, my favorite is the first idea, while the last one shouldn't exist but was suggested so still summed up:
1)First of all just increasing the base spawn rate and mobs will be enough and then the frenzy/kishin should just hit the cap of spawn rate and mobs, for example now the kish and frenzy give around x2-3 rates(that means x2-3 mobs and spawn rate, not sure whats the cap of monsters in map and seconds per spawn) , it should give just x1. 5+- and the base should be x1. 5 than currently , that would be fair for both sides.
2)make the kanna link skill as kishin
3)make decent skill kish
4)in reboot some suggested to make frenzy for week buyable for mesos , most of them forgot about normal server so then normal worlds should also get it for maple rewards(so it will be fair)
5)remove both kish and frenzy and change spawn rate and mob count
6)remove both kish and frenzy without any change (x)
NakazatoJL

Comments

• RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited August 2018
    If you ask for them to remove it and increase mob spawn rate, they will just remove it.
    DodochIts2Sharp4USlicedTime
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2018
    The spawn rate should be increased even while we have Kishin. It's been way too low for years and makes grinding feel horrible. However if they were to remove kishin they would have to remove frenzy and well, it's pretty safe to say that's never going to happen.
    TheRexoSlicedTimeShadEightemperor52zmint
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    so you want decent kishin, link skill kishin, no kishin or whatever the 3rd reddit post wanted?

either way none of those gave reasons.
  • DodochDodoch
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited August 2018
    They should remove you. Kannas already have enough problems.
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited August 2018
    Excuse me are you trying to kill Reboot
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited August 2018
    i would like to have decent Kishin since they get to imply decent Holy Symbol in this game. Wouldn't be fair for the few who have frenzy and the rest of us have to suffer.
    edited August 2018
    SuperJonic wrote: »
    i would like to have decent Kishin since they get to imply decent Holy Symbol in this game. Wouldn't be fair for the few who have frenzy and the rest of us have to suffer.

it is fair though, they payed to get a chance to get the totem.
  • KidoYaMingKidoYaMing
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited August 2018
    TheRexo wrote: »

Honestly, Kannas already have to much problems as it is. Plus if they give the whole server and increase spawn rate there will be crazy lags all over. People with bad computer will not be able to play maplestory. They should just make kishin a link skill that add on to the other buff.
  • TheRexoTheRexo
    edited September 2018
    so you want decent kishin, link skill kishin, no kishin or whatever the 3rd reddit post wanted?

either way none of those gave reasons.
    Well i read many ideas there and ill sum it here, my favorite is the first idea, while the last one shouldn't exist but was suggested so still summed up:
    1)First of all just increasing the base spawn rate and mobs will be enough and then the frenzy/kishin should just hit the cap of spawn rate and mobs, for example now the kish and frenzy give around x2-3 rates(that means x2-3 mobs and spawn rate, not sure whats the cap of monsters in map and seconds per spawn) , it should give just x1. 5+- and the base should be x1. 5 than currently , that would be fair for both sides.
    2)make the kanna link skill as kishin
    3)make decent skill kish
    4)in reboot some suggested to make frenzy for week buyable for mesos , most of them forgot about normal server so then normal worlds should also get it for maple rewards(so it will be fair)
    5)remove both kish and frenzy and change spawn rate and mob count
    6)remove both kish and frenzy without any change (x)

From my reboot experience i also have kanna lvl 24x after hitting with my main to 250(without kish) in order to farm which is stupid, if i could get at least half of what i make with kanna as main i wouldn't mind just training with main forever, but in kanna i get x3-4 from my main rates, that's insane difference.

Also if by reason you meant why even think of change the current meta, then it's because from my point of view, using multiple devices or third party programs for a couple of instances of maplestory for mule is against tos(the third party program if people use) and also for a kids game buying another device just for a mule is unrealistic and unhealthy way of play. Everything should be from just one instance of maple/main account to prevent this broken gameplay.

UserRed wrote: »
    Excuse me are you trying to kill Reboot

No, i want to help both reboot and non-reboot
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Removing kishin kills gms maple
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2018
    Increase the global mob spawn rates and amounts by 70-80% or so of their current rate, remove the effect from both kishin and frenzy totems.

Increase the on-hit damage from kishin by a couple hundred-ish percent, make it an installed turret type of skill.

Give frenzy a ten-on-fifteen-off map-wide 3x exp buff that stacks with all other exp modifiers(use tab, cash tab, server-wide event, mvp, etc etc) to compensate for its lack of increasing mob spawns.

Sure it'd make frenzy totems worth less, but if you turds weren't selling them for real money(like we all know a lot of you do ) it wouldn't matter how devalued this sort of change would make them. It would benefit the game as a whole, and you'd still get a nice permanently-reusable 3x exp buff to sell service for or whatever.
    TheRexoSlicedTimeManiOhIvangoldlllAlonsolllzmint
    edited September 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Increase the global mob spawn rates and amounts by 70-80% or so of their current rate, remove the effect from both kishin and frenzy totems.

Increase the on-hit damage from kishin by a couple hundred-ish percent, make it an installed turret type of skill.

Give frenzy a ten-on-fifteen-off map-wide 3x exp buff that stacks with all other exp modifiers(use tab, cash tab, server-wide event, mvp, etc etc) to compensate for its lack of increasing mob spawns.

Sure it'd make frenzy totems worth less, but if you turds weren't selling them for real money(like we all know a lot of you do ) it wouldn't matter how devalued this sort of change would make them. It would benefit the game as a whole, and you'd still get a nice permanently-reusable 3x exp buff to sell service for or whatever.

Wouldn't be worth the marvel spins
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Wouldn't be worth the marvel spins

Wouldn't be worth the marvel spins if they were untradeable upon receipt either. What's your point? The hell with the game as a whole so a few people can stroke their egos, among other things, with a virtual slot machine?
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited September 2018
    SuperJonic wrote: »

it is fair though, they payed to get a chance to get the totem.

And what about others who can't afford it? They can't afford to buy kishin/frenzy service as well. So either link skill, increase spawn rate, or decent kishin would suit better for everyone.
    edited September 2018
    My point is, who the hell cares about 3x exp, when 200 is achievable in a couple of hours. When exp multipliers are given out regularly. The value the totem has is in the effect it has now, whether it be untradeable or not. In fact, if they were untradeable those that do want one might just have to pay for marvel spins instead of as you said, buy them for real money. That's a good thing.

And, kishin isn't a necessity nor a commodity. It's not like electricity in which if it goes out, you don't have power for lights and other utilities.

Frenzy totem isn't a necessity nor a commodity; it's a luxury good.
  • TheRexoTheRexo
    edited September 2018
    My point is, who the hell cares about 3x exp, when 200 is achievable in a couple of hours. When exp multipliers are given out regularly. The value the totem has is in the effect it has now, whether it be untradeable or not. In fact, if they were untradeable those that do want one might just have to pay for marvel spins instead of as you said, buy them for real money. That's a good thing.

And, kishin isn't a necessity nor a commodity. It's not like electricity in which if it goes out, you don't have power for lights and other utilities.

Frenzy totem isn't a necessity nor a commodity; it's a luxury good.

That's why i said at the start of the thread that this should be fixed "before lvl 275 cap"
    Lvl 200 nowadays is nothing,and as most of people call it even the "tutorial".
    All the current contents require from you to be at least lvl 235 (even 250 for will boss) and soon it will be at least 255. I'm also sure most people that have the kanna mules legit or not won't be happy to lvl them to 255. Also what if they increase the cap again, will they lvl the kanna mule again? They wil just resort to buying pre-made kanna mule(which happens even now when the current content is just lvl 225-235), only the kanna sellers will celebrate.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited September 2018
    Does the state of Kishin hinge on changes made in JMS? Because this whole discussion is fruitless if thats the case.
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    IMO I would like to see things changed to be like this:
    - Increase base spawn amount by 50%
    - Set base spawn rate to 3
    - Remove anything spawn related from kishin
    - For frenzy totem change increse in spawn amount from 70% to 50% (currently it increases to 170%, 50% from 150% would be 175% related to current spawn rate, its a buff but to keep values round better buff than nerf this)
    - Frenzy still sets spawn rate to 1, which is faster

To compensate Kannas (even if they don't update Kishin, I still think thats needed)
    - Improve their support skills to be usefull to everyone and not just better for supporting mages
    - Make Kishin a turret summon that deals % enough to use it for farming a platform
    - Rebalance Kanna bossing to be a little bit more effective (and at least match bishop)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    My fear is that, Nexon being Nexon, they'll first remove Kishin, and then "monitor" the game for as long as it takes us all to stop whining about spawn rates.

Otherwise, the various suggestions in this thread definitely sound better than having to drag a Kishin mule around (and keep leveling it) just to have a satisfying training experience.
    SlicedTimeDFDFDIts2Sharp4UNakazatoJLzmint
  • DodochDodoch
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited September 2018
    Lets remember that last time Nexon did a "revamp" to Kannas based of the complaints of people that didn't even play them, they took away half their ranges. The issue here is everyone seeing Kanna as a mule and not as an actual character in the game. Kanna is not a commodity to make your life easier is another character that people actually play. Get off your high horse and stop demanding nerfs to a class you don't even play.
    ArgentfoussiremixSlicedTimeKingofFurriesAtrialTachyIlluminyexparasite9