[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon should buff map spawns and remove kishin

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2018
    Dodoch wrote: »
    Lets remember that last time Nexon did a "revamp" to Kannas based of the complaints of people that didn't even play them, they took away half their ranges. The issue here is everyone seeing Kanna as a mule and not as an actual character in the game. Kanna is not a commodity to make your life easier is another character that people actually play. Get off your high horse and stop demanding nerfs to a class you don't even play.

Why don't you get off your high horse and actually read what some people are saying? No one is saying to nerf anything. And regardless of what class you main, it doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of people have a kanna for no reason beyond being a kishin mule. You don't see phantom or bishop mains crying about people only using the class as a holy symbol mule, do you?
    NakazatoJL
  • DodochDodoch
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited September 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    ~
    I'm not even talking to you.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2018
    -snip-

That's great and all, but I'm talking to you.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited September 2018
    Lets remember that last time Nexon did a "revamp" to Kannas based of the complaints of people that didn't even play them, they took away half their ranges. The issue here is everyone seeing Kanna as a mule and not as an actual character in the game. Kanna is not a commodity to make your life easier is another character that people actually play. Get off your high horse and stop demanding nerfs to a class you don't even play.

On the one hand you lament the fact that Kanna is seen as a mule character by the majority of the players, on the other hand you don't want them to remove kishin spawn effect (which is the very reason that makes kanna a mule character). You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    NakazatoJL
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    Kanna isn't a mule, just the majority views it that way since they feel the need to have kishin. There's more to kanna than just Kishin. or was rather, then they nerfed the class. I don't use kishin to train or farm, that's why I don't see it as a mule. And I don't use kishin to train or farm, because I don't see it as a mule.

Another thing, the very name itself " Kishin Shoukan" relates to the mechanic of the skill.
  • KaijiYoshikawaKaijiYoshikawa
    Reactions: 710
    edited September 2018
    Maybe Nexon could increase spawn rate speed accordingly to the burning level, that way people train in different areas.
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    We understand the concern of Kanna mains about it being nerfed, but what we are asking for isn't removing Kishin as nerf to the class, making the class better at the other things it does and removing the part that makes it look just like a mule character for most players isn't a nerf.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited September 2018
    NakazatoJL wrote: »
    We understand the concern of Kanna mains about it being nerfed, but what we are asking for isn't removing Kishin as nerf to the class, making the class better at the other things it does and removing the part that makes it look just like a mule character for most players isn't a nerf.

Sadly, there has been plenty of evidence that Nexon doesn't usually rebalance that way. If kishin goes there is still a very high chance there won't be a world spawn rate increase and kishin won't be buffed. At this point, I have no faith in Nexon to properly remedy the situation.

To be clear, I'm not against a global spawn increase, I just don't think we'll get one.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited September 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    My fear is that, Nexon being Nexon, they'll first remove Kishin, and then "monitor" the game for as long as it takes us all to stop whining about spawn rates.

Otherwise, the various suggestions in this thread definitely sound better than having to drag a Kishin mule around (and keep leveling it) just to have a satisfying training experience.

The whining is coming mainly from the 12-17 year olds whom play this game that are even suggesting these idoitic ideas.

The Older/Top players will not care much about this, it was mainly used for convenience.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited September 2018
    I like Kishin, don't remove it
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited September 2018
    yes nexon remove this ,. good bye maplestory by manys users playing legitm this character , nexon cant remove this , why manys classes this nerf and have bug in others skills , kanna isnt a mule ... see this .. and why now anyones search w nexon remove this? when this class nexon nerfed the class a long time ago , the prioridad is the fix the game, fix maps with bugs and instability in mobs, lately, all this is happening, channel fallen, crash and others ..
    Lyeden
  • LotheapLotheap
    Reactions: 310
    edited September 2018
    wasn't Arwoo going to face-blast the devs at PAX and ask about kishin 2 days ago, any results came through
  • LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited September 2018
    remove it ! +1 :)
  • pepepepe
    edited September 2018
    There's more to kanna than just Kishin.

Then there should be no problem altering/replacing Kishin, no?
  • ElaieElaie
    Reactions: 585
    edited September 2018
    As a kanna main, here are my two cents.

Technically we're not entitled to keep kishin around the way it is. Although it does make the game more much more tolerable, many and I agree. It's not a healthy aspect of the game. There is no easy solution other than to revoke it altogether. I can see Nexon resorting to this, as much as even I don't want it to happen. I feel if any decision about kishin must be made, it would likely be either its removal or gutted from increasing the spawn in rates like in JMS.

This decision would not only upset other kanna mains, but those who rely on kishin on a daily basis as well. I can tell even nexon knows that they wouldn't increase the spawn rates of all maps. Otherwise they would have done it by now. Unless KMS receives any change like that, we won't get it.

All of this uproar about kishin just may get nexon finally make that decision. When that happens, I won't be surprised if it's the nerf to kishin
    Argent
    edited September 2018
    pepe wrote: »

no, there's more to it than it being used as a tool for convenience.
  • pepepepe
    edited September 2018

then there should be no problem removing its spawn effect then?
    edited September 2018

then there should be no problem removing its spawn effect then?

nice try
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Removing Kishin would be silly at this point.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    "nexon should remove spawn boosters" sound better for me then "nexon should remove kishin"
    we are allready covered with lootbox ( $sink) systems,there is no need to make it worse
    kishin had ninja nerf "bug"
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16665/kishin-shoukan-spawn-count-increase-too-low/p1

if nexon ever decide remove frenzy and kish and bring normal back its fine
    maybe put spawn boost 2x together with 2xEXP/DROP event

ps: i wonder why allways kish its the "problem maker" why not start with "nexon should remove frenzy"?
    SuperJonicLyeden