[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Some Random Suggestions

UpsilonGreenUpsilonGreen
Reactions: 630
edited September 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Cash Shop
- Have those coupon items for hair styles/colours/plastic surgery etc drop from the big boss monsters (Empress, Lotus, Damien etc), even clothing items as well maybe.
- Change the UI for the Cash Shop to its previous version (the one KMS has currently I think) since the current one we have is quite ugly.
- Add more items to the Maple Point Rewards shop for once.

Making the game more difficult
- Apply cooldowns to all potions
- Give all boss monsters in the game attacks that can one shot players (avoidable of course). Imagine dying to Mushmom in this day and age...
- Remove burning fields, increase rune cooldowns, lower exp from Inferno Den

Servers
- Make a server that combines Lab server and Supreme World for maximum difficulty

General
- I would say make the game more simple and easy to do/understand, though I'm not too sure how to do this apart from simplifying stats somehow
- Increase spawn rate of monsters in certain maps to at least attempt to make use of them (probably pointless)
- Make PQs relevant somehow, give better rewards, maybe medals, chairs, or rare equips, or even Cash Shop items
- Increae guild max level to 100?
- Add Weapon Attack and Magic Attack to the stats tab like they were before.
- Revamp the Monster Book system so that all monsters in the game drop cards, or at least remove the monsters that don't from the book
- Add a bag item or inventory slot for all coin/spell trace items
- Allow Link skills to be added to any character from any character from the character select screen
- Customise the character select screen maybe to change the background or character positions (would be nice to have all characters on one screen and place them anywhere, like grouping all your link skill mules in one corner and putting your main at the top of the screen or something)

I would like to make suggestions to make the game more social/party and less solo, but I'm not sure if that's possible with how far the game has come. My only idea is to revert the game back to pre unleashed where the damage cap was 999,999 and parties were actually needed (or even pre big bang but that's not going to happen). Hard to make changes when you've come so far to the point where the game is just solo stuff.
WONDERGUY

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2018
    - Give all boss monsters in the game attacks that can one shot players (avoidable of course). Imagine dying to Mushmom in this day and age...

I believe I speak for a great many people by saying this: what is wrong with you?

The rest, I'm not going to comment on. But this. This one part here. This is some medical-grade stupid right here.
    Its2Sharp4UChoicesbarr520UserRedArgentDFDFDKlara
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2018

Servers
    - Make a server that combines Lab server and Supreme World for maximum difficulty

I would like to make suggestions to make the game more social/party and less solo, but I'm not sure if that's possible with how far the game has come. My only idea is to revert the game back to pre unleashed where the damage cap was 999,999 and parties were actually needed (or even pre big bang but that's not going to happen). Hard to make changes when you've come so far to the point where the game is just solo stuff.

These ones, how about no? The scale of these suggestions are outside the realms of possibility. It's not feasible unless you're trying to kill the game or wanting the game to be entirely reworked for the end-game. Reverting back to 999,999 damage would literally make massive amounts of end-game content requiring a rework.

Leveling has been made easier for players to catch up to 5th Job. Making the journey harder would only make it more annoying at this point where it wouldn't even welcome newer players and make veterans more enraged. Is Level 200-275, or 11k Legion already too easy for you?

Field Bosses, Dojo Bosses, how many bosses are there? Requires massive reworks just to make the game harder for the lower levels. How about no?

Making a mutation server of Lab and Supreme, yeah there are too many issues with that. Everything will one shot you, it will be more pay-to-win than the Non-Reboot servers. Lets not go down this path.

Some advice. When you're making a suggestion stick to one core issue. Having multiple all-in-one that's carefully not considered is bound to receive negative feedback from all sorts of players.
    Argent
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited September 2018
    Cash Shop
    - Have those coupon items for hair styles/colours/plastic surgery etc drop from the big boss monsters (Empress, Lotus, Damien etc), even clothing items as well maybe. What's the point.
    - Change the UI for the Cash Shop to its previous version (the one KMS has currently I think) since the current one we have is quite ugly. Going to be a thing in the future, may apply soon(tm).
    - Add more items to the Maple Point Rewards shop for once. Like, what? Give suggestions instead of writing down a random thought you have in your mind. Generally, the offer you have in non-Reboot is pretty decent. There is hardly necessity for more items. We however could have certain items on Reboot tho, such as Face/Hair slots.

- Apply cooldowns to all potions what
    - Give all boss monsters in the game attacks that can one shot players (avoidable of course). Imagine dying to Mushmom in this day and age... Great, we are not in 2008 anymore.
    - Remove burning fields, increase rune cooldowns, lower exp from Inferno Den and the point is..?

Servers
    - Make a server that combines Lab server and Supreme World for maximum difficulty Lab Server is currently an exclusive thing to TMS that might not enabled for us due copyright reasons. Pretty sure same thing applies to Supreme World. either way both things are not good on long term and die out very soon. Lab server proved that.

General
    - I would say make the game more simple and easy to do/understand, though I'm not too sure how to do this apart from simplifying stats somehow No offense but MapleStory is until your reach a fairly far point in the game extremely dull and you don't need that much to get what you gotta do. I am unsure with what you are refering of 'making the game more simple and easy to understand'
    - Increase spawn rate of monsters in certain maps to at least attempt to make use of them (probably pointless) I agree certain maps are terrible to grind because of the fairly low spawn of the monsters but there are just a handful of them, where buffing maps that are decent do not need to be buffed. This should be considered case by case.
    - Make PQs relevant somehow, give better rewards, maybe medals, chairs, or rare equips, or even Cash Shop items How are they not relevant nowadays? The reason why PQs in their current form are not played is because they are very outdated. On the other hand I don't see how doing them would benefit to the community in a point where people actually queue for it. Look for Hungry Muto, look for Ursus. These are examples where people bother to go there to move forward into the game, without having sloppy game designs and tiring requirements to start a party.
    - Increae guild max level to 100? Probably going to be changed with the Black update, altogether with Alliance skills but idk.
    - Add Weapon Attack and Magic Attack to the stats tab like they were before. I have no idea why is that useful.
    - Revamp the Monster Book system so that all monsters in the game drop cards, or at least remove the monsters that don't from the book We can keep dreaming about this wish.
    - Add a bag item or inventory slot for all coin/spell trace items instead I want to allow people having two Coin Purses to use at one character, especially when we have 20 Slot versions.
    - Allow Link skills to be added to any character from any character from the character select screen I don't think the current design is bad for now. Also looks personally better to me to stick into in-game.
    - Customise the character select screen maybe to change the background or character positions (would be nice to have all characters on one screen and place them anywhere, like grouping all your link skill mules in one corner and putting your main at the top of the screen or something) This might sound like an idea, if I get you here.

I would like to make suggestions to make the game more social/party and less solo, but I'm not sure if that's possible with how far the game has come. My only idea is to revert the game back to pre unleashed where the damage cap was 999,999 and parties were actually needed (or even pre big bang but that's not going to happen). Hard to make changes when you've come so far to the point where the game is just solo stuff. Feel free doing Hard Lucid and Will solo.