[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Reboot] Ban Accounts using 3rd Party/Bots Please?

DialektDialekt
Reactions: 200
edited September 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
In Reboot, It is discouraging to play this game after being a returning player from ~10years ago. I still see so many bots. Yet, i cant report them because the change channel too quick.. Nexon can you please be more aggressive or have an anti-cheat day to remove these bots/hackers. It ruins the game who plays it fairly..

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,205
    edited September 2018
    Dialekt wrote: »
    In Reboot, It is discouraging to play this game after being a returning player from ~10years ago. I still see so many bots. Yet, i cant report them because the change channel too quick.. Nexon can you please be more aggressive or have an anti-cheat day to remove these bots/hackers. It ruins the game who plays it fairly..

This is present in regular servers as well, not just Reboot. These bots not only CC fast, but account creation is too easy as bots reproduce too quickly. If account creation was tougher such as tying an ID to account creation, bots would not reproduced as the ID holder would be banned and not be able to make new accounts.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited September 2018
    Banning all these bots isn't done easily, also we would need a better way to reduce the number of them on long term. Anti-bot mobs were not a solution, neither we have an army of moderators to look for them.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,470
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Enokumo wrote: »
    Banning all these bots isn't done easily, also we would need a better way to reduce the number of them on long term. Anti-bot mobs were not a solution, neither we have an army of moderators to look for them.

Anti-bot countermeasures like the ones the kMS has are a good idea. If you're killing mobs, you should be able to solve an incredibly easy puzzle every so often.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Anti-bot countermeasures like the ones the kMS has are a good idea. If you're killing mobs, you should be able to solve an incredibly easy puzzle every so often.

The problem is that hacking programs can solve those puzzles too.
    Just as they can activate runes automatically.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited September 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »

The problem is that hacking programs can solve those puzzles too.
    Just as they can activate runes automatically.

what about an occasion captcha every so often popping up? You can't attack until you write it
  • EllunEllun
    Reactions: 100
    Why not focus on the reason of botting? So far as I know, players in later game require tons of resources such as meso and exp, but the only way to access them is mobbing especially in reboot server, which are duplicated operations. NX can change this condition anytime like opening 200-250 Monster Park for exp and Party Question for meso. I don’t think highly randomized question could be passed easily by an automatic software.