[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mesos and trading improvements MUST READ.

ItsLikeHurtItsLikeHurt
Reactions: 640
edited September 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
New ways of getting mesos in to the game and a more safe trading system.

1- New ways of getting mesos in to the game:
While playing the game people start to hit some problems considering the mesos that are available in the game. This problem started since the starforce cap got raised to a max of 25 stars for some items.
Getting a lv150 item up to 22 star can easy take 30billion of mesos, in special of you destroy it a few times and the new buy price for the equipment is 5billion mesos (or even more).

In my opinion the biggest problem starts at the market / trading system. Selling items nowadays with in special a value above the 30billion mesos is close to impossible since there are close to no players with that amount of mesos left.

People still want to buy the items but simply can’t pay the price in mesos, here it starts to go wrong.
To name a thing, I got several items on sale with a product price that’s above the 100billion mesos for each equipment. Now that people can’t pay with mesos they start to offer illegal ways to get the item such as Nexon codes or PayPal transactions. In my case 9 out of 10 times that people are interested in a equipment they want to buy it in an illegal way, this is not because they want to pass the rules but because there is simply no longer a reasonable way to get such amount of mesos legit.

I do have a solution for this problem and that solution is rather easy to fit in to the game.
As long as I can remember there are meso bags buyable in the CashShop but those are extremely outdated right now. A good change to the game could be that the mesos obtainable from the Unique Meso Sack gets raised to 1,2billion mesos with a small change to get up to 2billion mesos.
https://ibb.co/feVhXz

The best possible meso sack that is buyable is the Unique Meso Sack and cost 3k Nexon and gives 6million mesos with a small change to get up to 750million mesos, from experience in the past I know that you close to never will get above the 100million mesos out of it, this while 1k Nexon got a value that’s laying around the 500million mesos according to the Meso Market trading system (atleast in the Luna server that I’m playing) so 3k Nexon will sell there for around 1,5billion mesos. This is around 15 times higher than getting mesos from the Unique Meso Sack.

This change would bring the market back to live and also will probably stop people from using illegal trading methods, I’ve been banned for this in the past and I don’t want it to happen again but I can understand the fact that people are going for the illegal options since a legal trade has become almost impossible.

Side note:
Meso farming outside Reboot is simply not an option. I did test it myself in Arcana: Cavern Lower Path (probably the best meso farming map), I’m maining a NightLord that 1 hit kills all mobs, used a Frenzy totem, 3 pets with auto pet loot and no meso drop gear for my test. In 5 minutes I could pick up roughly 2million mesos, for 1 hour grinding this would mean 24million mesos.
https://ibb.co/hS6jee

2- A more safe trading system:
The meso cap in the game is not so long ago expended to 30billion mesos. This was a good start but its still by far not enough to make a safe trade for more expensive items possible. With the arrival of Umbra equipment’s and more people getting 15 star tyrants single items with a value above the 300billion mesos isn’t that rare. At the moment there are 10 trades needed to get such amount of mesos transferred from 1 player to another, this brings high risks for the buyer and also the seller.

Raising the meso cap for inventory’s and everything might be a hard job to for fill in. A much easier solution could be the possibility to exchange mesos for tradable meso bags that fits in the Use Item Inventory. For example if those bags would cost 1billion mesos to buy and can be traded back for 1billion mesos and could stack up to 100 per inventory space all trades could be done at once and instantly remove the risks to get scammed on trades that consider large amounts of mesos.

Just as in the auction house this mesos bag could get a 3% transaction fee as people want to trade the bag back for real mesos. This would make it 970million mesos after using the bag.

Sorry for the long letter but I hope that it can work as inspiration and can start a movement.

Greatings,
Cobus aka ItsLikeHûrt
heote

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    One of the purposes of the Star Force system is to serve as a "meso sink", to drain excess meso from the economy.
    We have far too many meso going around, mostly due to the activities of meso-farming bots, and that is why everything in the market costs as much as it does.
    I hear that in KMS, where the 30b meso cap originated, meso are worth about 60 times as much as our meso (going by meso market rates).
    So, the last thing we want is to reverse the meso drain by adding a cash shop source of meso to the game. We want meso to become more and more scarce, and therefore the price of the replacement item for the one you destroyed will not be 5b but 1b or 200m.

Your second idea, of a token worth 1b that can stack in inventory, could be a good thing to have while we wait for prices to go down - if it weren't for dupers.
    Unfortunately, GMS is plagued with them, and any tradable item is liable to get duped. A tradable item that stacks in inventory is really asking for trouble, since an entire stack can be duped at once.
    So, sadly, until Nexon gets a handle on the problem of duping, we can't have these billion-meso tokens :(
  • ItsLikeHurtItsLikeHurt
    edited September 2018
    I do understand that it works as a meso sink, that idea works perfectly.
    I also see the good will in the change that came with starforce change and the meso sink but its bringing other problems to the game.
    [Removed]
    Those smega's are there on a daily base and often several per hour. I suppose that it works fine for them since they do it for years already.

You talk about a price drop from 5 or maby even 25 times lower, we probably talk over a long period, but even if prices drop 25 times there are items in this game that are worth more than the max meso amount. Just look at the Frenzy Totem worth over 1500bil in the Luna server.

The part from dupers is also a real problem, I was well aware off it while writing my letter.
    But that is making it our problem, not the problem from Nexon to do something about it, both off those problems are there for years already and it seems that there is still no proper solution found for them.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited September 2018
    Another thing is that almost every drop from bosses got npc value of 1 meso.
    that creates problem that the lower bosses aren't worth doing except for rew points.
    + some of the items (dominator,mechantator,tyrants,ht pends,zak helms, alien stuff...) are untradeable and require psok. while psok is so expensive compared to items value that those are just dropped/extracted.
    arkarium is quite hard boss for most ppl so it's bit annoying that you don't get value from it. few millions is nothing atm so the crystals aren't really doing anything. mech/dmi pends could be worth something but require psok and noone would pay 1,5b for those since gollux pends you get less than 1b. extracting for crystals doesn't really help either since those items give 0-4 crystals so that means the value for those is around 6m. putting the npc price to something like 20m would make the boss worth doing mesowise, monster collection already gives monthly cap of rp by logging in so the rp can be neglected.
    VL has decent stuff and noone wants those for quite much same reason. too expensive when better stuff is cheaper. like 20m ea for those aswell would be good.
    hilla drops completely untradeable items... the pocket rocks (stone of eternal life), well those can't even be extracted so quite much wasted items 20m ea would do something

Pap drops those tachions which are only used on 1 quest (you can use only 1) for ridiculously low amount of exp so those could have better value.
    while talking about drops czak and cpap give 120 lvl flames while other weekly bosses give 150lvl flame. would be nice to get those better flames from all weeklies (oh well empress is 140 but that's easiest weekly there is)
    cpb got his own item set and ofc again 1 meso npc value.
    empress gear is worthless with cra gear around and not too easy to get. (i would say killing empress requires 10b gear atleast) So those should be npc:d for around 50m ea (10m/piece)
    cra stuff got the problem that ppl buy the best flamed items for their gear, low flamed items to cover booms and what is mid flame gear used... nothing. So those could be 20m/piece / 100m/item. Since flames weren't available noone really bought the items and now that flames got released ppl who could kill cra had several hundreds of the pieces and now the AH is full of cra items which aren't going anywhere since most don't have meso to buy the good flames and the badly flamed ones aren't really profit.
    hmagn is just one huge mistake to even exist (well not the boss but his items) when tyrants were too good, noone could buy those. When there was plenty of tyrants around ppl got more of them since more ppl could kill it. and since those require psok you can't just sell them that easily. when prices dropped below psok price the enhancing became the thing resulting in plenty of booms and worthless hmagn runs which are 1-2 times/week depending on use of reset coupon. with 25* system the tyrants finally became 2ndary against absolab and umbra the prices dropped even more and after the maplehood with free psoks there's tyrants for 100m ea which is just ridiculous since those aren't that bad items. npc price should atleast be 500m and remove the psok requirement so invs won't get full of those capes which just aren't very wanted these days.
    then there's absolabs. now that ppl can kill hlotus and hdamien the AH is flooding with absolabs items which is good thing. But since the stores req 4 coins for weps and 2 coins for other stuff, it feels bit ridiculous that weps are worth 1b and other items 2-4b. adding some npc value (like 750m/coin used) would be nice since the weps are harder to get and still they sell lower than other gear which is semi easy to get.
    AU doesn't need the npc value check yet (maby 2b/coin) but their prices go over the meso cap so problem is getting enough meso to even be able to buy them with previous stuff.

atm if you get all meso yourself you can get 50m/hour by grinding with meso drop gear, and 100m/day from boss crystals if you can kill every boss. with 4h grind/day that's 300m/day and that would be 100 days for 30b... well counting every AH item prices together that's something like 300T meso which would require 1000 days for 1000 ppl to even get the mesos to buy the stuff from there (i seriously doubt there would be 1000 ppl willing to do that, 10 at most) so there's more value on stuff around than there's meso in game, starforce prices are solid so there's no help in dropping prices since items with high stars cost plenty to even make.

The game just doesn't have enough mesos around atm since 25* system eats bit too much. if 25* system was here all the time the problems would have been lot slighter since before V patch noone would have needed that kind of items and just upgrade items little by little.
    Now there actually is those bosses which need the gear and ppl want to get gear to do it which takes some heavy amounts of meso.
    SlicedTimeItsLikeHurt
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    I do understand that it works as a meso sink, that idea works perfectly.
    I also see the good will in the change that came with starforce change and the meso sink but its bringing other problems to the game.
    [Removed]
    Those smega's are there on a daily base and often several per hour. I suppose that it works fine for them since they do it for years already.

You talk about a price drop from 5 or maby even 25 times lower, we probably talk over a long period, but even if prices drop 25 times there are items in this game that are worth more than the max meso amount. Just look at the Frenzy Totem worth over 1500bil in the Luna server.

The part from dupers is also a real problem, I was well aware off it while writing my letter.
    But that is making it our problem, not the problem from Nexon to do something about it, both off those problems are there for years already and it seems that there is still no proper solution found for them.

The forums are not the place to report bots. Report them in-game, or via a ticket.
    (Also, your links are dead. I don't know if this is the fault of the website you're using, but your images are not visible.)

You also shouldn't buy from them at all. They're botted; expense isn't an excuse at all, let alone a good one. Use the readily available, legal methods to obtain mesos available to you instead. These include the meso market, and selling items obtained from Premium Surprise Style boxes (and, currently, Card Captor Sakura boxes).

I should also point out that these spammers have existed long before the star force cap was raised. They are a problem, but not with meso sinks.
  • ItsLikeHurtItsLikeHurt
    edited September 2018
    I know that its a bit of my topic yes,
    Those spammers are there for years and years already I do know that, I do play this game for 8 years now. Its not that I'm "new" and see it for the first time.

As far as I know reporting bots or hackers isn't realy helping, I've tried it in the past but saw the high level hackers that I rememberd the name from still playing few weeks later, but thats not the side I want to go in with this letter.
    Yes we should make use from the legal methods only, but its not made easy this way and there is a decent amount of players that are using those hackers to keep upgrading. New players don't see a warning for those spammers, they maby even think that its legal and simply a part of the game to gain mesos this way because die hard players see it so often that we just ignore them and no longer warn new players for them, and thats a problem.

This topic was not made to get known in where the line for legal or illegal is but about a suggestion on how to make it easier for the average players to stay on the legal side of the rules and sort of want to be legal but see no other change to make mesos or buy items without offering Nexon codes or PayPal. Right now cause off the starforce update and the lacking amount of mesos in game people are starting to take the illigal ways to keep on upgrading there account. Yes those people have been there also for a long time already but the amount of people that is willing to do it is growing fast since the starforce update did burn up all the mesos.

Those suggestions at the very beginning I did made because it could possible help in the current dip that the free market is in so that people would stop with offering illegal trade methods if they want to buy equipment and at the same time make the trading from high value equipment safe.
    SlicedTime
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited September 2018
    The 25* system as meso sink is good thing, but it was added to game about 2 years too late. Since stuff already became ridiculously high priced compared to other versions of the game and now that 25* system came it eats meso basically only from those who are buying the high cost items (not from botters who hold the majority of meso).
    I know this situation will fix itself eventually but I think i'm not the only one having inv full of items w8ing for getting sold and with current market you get stuff quicker than you can sell them. And since 90% of the stuff you gain daily is dropped or extracted maby something should be done to that part aswell.

I know several newer players who have had problems with getting meso in the 1st place. When they finally reached the point of being able to kill some bosses the items became quite much unvaluable and the loop is neverending.
    If you want really working meso-sink you 1st have to get rid of every single botter there is. since those are making meso just to sell for IRL money. by banning those guys (or rather delete whole chars, that kind of ppl will always find new games to ruin). you could get rid of about 60% of the ingame meso. then adding some systems to gain meso would be nice.