[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Random death?

YoongiYoongi
Reactions: 1,735
edited September 2018 in Tech Support
I was doing kishin for a guild member for about an hour and I was nowhere near the mobs, yet I got a OHKO and lost 5% of my exp.
I looked away for literally a second and I was dead when I looked back. I'm lvl 203 and the mobs are lvl 130 so there is no way any of them could one shot me, and even if they could, I was not near them at all. In fact, I was high enough up that I couldn't even SEE them. There was no reason for me to die and I would like my lost exp back.

Server: Bera
Ch: 19
Map: Black Mountain Entrance (moon bunnies)
Class: Kanna
Level: 203
Character name: Areumï

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    You could have died to an Elite Boss, or possibly an Elite Mob.
    It would take longer than "literally a second", though.

Also, I've found that when I'm tabbed out of my Maplestory window, sometimes arrow input in another window (even these forums) will cause my Maple character to move. So you could have fallen off your platform that way.

Please log a customer support ticket (at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net) and be sure to specify the exact time you died, so they can check the logs to see what caused it.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Sounds like the classic petrifying emob bamboozle. Doesn't take literally a second, but it does end your life rather quickly if you don't pay attention. I'd say around 3-5 seconds?

That said, regardless of the reason it's highly unlikely you would get your exp back through any other means than just training/leeching it back yourself.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited September 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    You could have died to an Elite Boss, or possibly an Elite Mob.
    It would take longer than "literally a second", though.

Also, I've found that when I'm tabbed out of my Maplestory window, sometimes arrow input in another window (even these forums) will cause my Maple character to move. So you could have fallen off your platform that way.

Please log a customer support ticket (at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net) and be sure to specify the exact time you died, so they can check the logs to see what caused it.

I didn't move at all. I wasn't near mobs, and even if I was, like I said, I was 70 levels above them. Would have taken more than a glance away to kill me.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited September 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Sounds like the classic petrifying emob bamboozle. Doesn't take literally a second, but it does end your life rather quickly if you don't pay attention. I'd say around 3-5 seconds?

That said, regardless of the reason it's highly unlikely you would get your exp back through any other means than just training/leeching it back yourself.

There was no e-boss or anything there, just regular mobs. Too low a level to have killed me.
  • ElaieElaie
    Reactions: 585
    edited September 2018
    If a petrifying elite mob spawns, you're going to die pretty quick. Especially if you don't notice the petrified bind on your character.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    Freed wrote: »
    If a petrifying elite mob spawns, you're going to die pretty quick. Especially if you don't notice the petrified bind on your character.

literally said there was none
  • ElaieElaie
    Reactions: 585
    edited September 2018
    Freed wrote: »

literally said there was none

I assure you they didn't even pay attention to any of the elite mobs that spawned. Many don't pay attention at all when they mule kishin and then they die to petrify. Heck, it happens to me too sometimes when I don't look.

They did say they were on that map for a whole hour. If you're mule kishing someone, you have to close pay attention to the name tags of the elite mobs whenever they spawn or you're just asking to be killed.

If you don't like dying for "no reason" while doing that, then either pay more attention or buy some safety charms.
  • mapleCezmapleCez
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2018
    Hehe.. ive died for no reason also i was jumping around heading to gullux through that maze when i just died. There was no mobs and no bosses and no elite map bosses (from runes) ever spawn there. and there were no enemies where i was moving to and from. I was jumping for a rope when .. 'poop' dead. Full health and have dark sight on and 'poop' im dead. It's like I someone decided to kill everyone on the map. Lots of time on the 'whatever distortion' timer.