Let's start with a story. On Tuesday night, September 25, the Cardcaptor Sakura Crossover event was about to end, and in a couple of hours, the crossover hairs would no longer be available, so I decided I would make a final attempt to get the Sakura hair I wanted so much. I had previously purchased 3 Royal Hair Coupons with no luck, and an alliance friend was very kind to give me a $25 NX code so I could try again to get the Sakura hair. 25,000 NX is enough to get me 7 more Royal Hair Coupons, and I went through all 7 without ever getting the Sakura hair. My other alliance friends who had come to watch me felt bad, and they decided to pitch in more NX to get me the hair. It ended up taking a total of 22 Royal Hair Coupons to get the Sakura hair, which is equal to 72,600 NX.
Does it make sense that any user should ever have to reach about $73 worth of NX or Maple Points (or even more) before they can finally obtain the hair or face that they want for their character? Unlike items from Surprise Style Boxes, hairs and faces are not tradeable; receiving the same hair/face has no benefits or rewards. Therefore I don't think it makes sense to have to spend so much to receive a specific hair or face.
That's why I would like to suggest to Nexon to alter the way Royal Hair Coupons and Royal Face Coupons, and other similar cash shop coupons, distribute hairs and faces.
Once a user has received a certain hair or face from the rotation, during that 2-week time frame until the next rotation, that hair or face will be excluded from the pool when the user uses more coupons.
• User only needs to use the coupon about 5-7 times to receive all the hairstyles or faces.
• User spends a maximum of 23,100 NX or Maple Points to receive the specific hair or face they want.
• If user forgets to save a specific hair or face in their salon before replacing it with a new one, they will need to purchase more coupons and try again in a different color.
Once a user has saved a certain hair or face, they will no longer be able to receive that hair or face until it is deleted from their salon.
(Color doesn't matter)
• If user has salon slots to spare, they only need to use the coupon about 5-7 times or less to receive all the hairstyles or faces.
• If user has salon slots to spare, they spend a maximum of 23,100 NX or Maple Points to receive the specific hair or face they want.
• If user already has hairs or faces saved in the salon, those hairs and faces will be excluded when using the coupon.
• When using the coupon, user cannot receive a hair or face they already saved in a different color; they need a hair dye coupon to alter their hair color, or contact lens to alter their face color.
• User will need to purchase more slots and/or replace saved slots to guarantee they will receive the desired hair or face.
Whichever option, both of them equate to using up to about 30,000 NX/Maple Points, which puts a cap at how much NX or Maple Points needs to be spent to achieve a desired hair/face, instead of an indefinite amount such as 72,600 NX/Maple Points. I think users will also feel more secure about spending their NX and Maple Points on hair and face coupons if either of these options is implemented.
Let me know what you think about this suggestion or if you have a similar hair/face story you would like to share.