[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Singapore.

Comments

• GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Rip Singapore in GMS. This is making me sad since I really liked this area...
    Hopefully Nexon will change their mind in the future.
    This area was part of the game for a very long time and removing it like this is a mistake. It was better to find out how to maintain it.

It's a nostalgic area for a lot of players like me and it's heartbreaking to see the roadmap and where it is going to so that nostalgic area and content like this is thrown away.
  • ArtofHipHopArtofHipHop
    Reactions: 200
    AKradian wrote: »
    Not only this. So you're telling us we have to make and fund a new kanna. AND REPURCHASE PETS? How is that going to work. Most stupid decision nexon has ever made.

You don't need to repurchase pets, since all your Kannas share cash shop storage.

Why do people need to make a new kanna? (just coming back into the game as of last week)
  • BostonGeorgeBostonGeorge
    Reactions: 830
    edited October 2018
    I rarely ever come on these forums cause i am known to get banned from them but WTF if u take this away u better increase meso drop rate for other areas cause singapore was are main spot to farm.
    DFDFD
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited October 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Not only this. So you're telling us we have to make and fund a new kanna. AND REPURCHASE PETS? How is that going to work. Most stupid decision nexon has ever made.

You don't need to repurchase pets, since all your Kannas share cash shop storage.

Got you, but what about the 4-5 bill needed for fund?
  • MoradinMoradin
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2018
    I'm speechless now.

Removing Singapore is step 1, Malaysia will be the next, I doubt if NX cared about maplers in Reboot server at all, probably because we don't spend enough dollars as players in non-reboot servers.

How can new players survive in such a mesos-hunger server?
  • hyacahyaca
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited October 2018
    Please give all reboot players cs meso sacks because of the change?
  • DavOpsDavOps
    Reactions: 560
    edited October 2018
    hyaca wrote: »

''Ohh, thanks for the 100k mesos NX''
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited October 2018

Please get out?
  • hyacahyaca
    edited October 2018
    DavOps wrote: »

I meant the ones that have a chance of dropping 1b.
  • DavOpsDavOps
    Reactions: 560
    edited October 2018
    DavOps wrote: »

I meant the ones that have a chance of dropping 1b.

''have a chance''
    you know how chances work in MS, mostly the sacks will give you the minimum
  • hyacahyaca
    edited October 2018
    cash shop meso sacks drop a lot even at the minimum amount
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    edited October 2018

Why teach a man to fish if you can give him a bag that probably has fish in it.
  • hyacahyaca
    edited October 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »

why remove all the fish from the lake?
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    edited October 2018

Well that's a mighty fine question.
    But handing us over a few bags of mesos doesn't help create a steady and healthy income method for Reboot.
  • hyacahyaca
    edited October 2018

Well that's a mighty fine question.
    But handing us over a few bags of mesos doesn't help create a steady and healthy income method for Reboot.

It gives starting money for players, then they can get enough range to farm somewhere else.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited October 2018
    I don't know how it is in reboot, but in Bera, at least, Singapore is a hacker-infested dump that legit players avoid. Walk through every single map on every channel, there is a hacker. It's an absolute trash heap.
  • CharniaCharnia
    Reactions: 605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    I don't know how it is in reboot, but in Bera, at least, Singapore is a hacker-infested dump that legit players avoid. Walk through every single map on every channel, there is a hacker. It's an absolute trash heap.

In Reboot it is an important stepping stone to break out of mid-game into late/end-game. The bosses in Reboot are much tougher thus requiring meso needed to fund (cube and star force) gear to even be able to defeat bosses like HLomian, Lucid, Will, and eventually revamped Hilla and Black Mage.

The biggest issue that will arise from this is the disparity between veteran and new players; older players will not be effected greatly and will continue to progress through the game without issue farming at CLP and such with their Kanna mules on a 2nd PC or with a funded Kanna, but lower tier players will stagnate even further and struggle to clear harder content.

Malaysia being spared from the purge is basically going to become a hostile competitive zone for early/mid-game players like CLP is for late-game players; while some will likely head back to older farming locations like Twisted Aqua Road. Of course, if these locations continue to be removed, it will push players into more and more obscure farming maps slowing or effectively halting their progress while endgame players sail on ahead unaffected.

The loss of Ghost Ship Badge is more salt on the wounds for newer players, and the return of Sengoku is feeling dubious now as well.
  • DtxDtx
    edited October 2018
    I finished my kanna 1-2 weeeks ago gearing it first than my main as many people do, bought multipet the last Friday and now I can't use anything of what I've working on.. A guild mate finished his kanna 3 hours before the maple memo update.

What can we do now? Besides the hard work funding a class requires, will Nexon refound our money?
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2018
    Was there even a warning to the content being removed?
  • DtxDtx
    edited October 2018
    Geminia wrote: »
    Was there even a warning to the content being removed?

Yes, they announced it 10 hours before it got removed.
This discussion has been closed.