[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

5X rewards for MVP users is SO unfair, nexon

YoongiYoongi
Reactions: 1,735
edited October 2018 in General Chat
Does anyone think this is unfair?
It lists the reason for certain-tier MVP users to get 5x on rewards is because they are 'dedicated players.'

Um, no. No. NO.

First of all, any long time player is a dedicated player, and to say they are not because they don't buy nx is unfair and it's wrong.
Second of all, I can open a new account, drop $500 on NX, and achieve a certain MVP tier in less than 5 minutes. Please explain, nexon, how THIS is person would be more dedicated a player than me?

Having money to blow does not make one more or less dedicated than another. If anything, you are only further proving that the only players of the game you value are the ones who give you money, and the rest of us can go to hell, essentially.

I guess the years I've spend playing, the time I dedicate to my guild, everything I do on maple doesn't matter. I'm not 'dedicated' because I don't give your hacker-infested game $300+ dollars a month?

Get rid of this 5x mvp reward thing. It's so unfair, so biased, and the wrong way to thank so-called 'dedicated' players who simply are people with nothing better than to blow their money on. You should care about ALL your players, not just the ones lining your pockets.

I don't know how to delete threads, but please stop posting on this. I posted it a while ago, it's not really relevant anymore.
chaoscauser

Comments

• GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2018
    I mean, they're paying money to help support the game. If you're a free-to-play player, you don't really have a right to complain. Free-to-play players still get a ton of rewards for free on a daily basis.
    YinYangXUnemployedSlicedTime
  • DavOpsDavOps
    Reactions: 560
    edited October 2018
    ''Balance Maple Experience''
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Only MVP Diamond-rank players receive 5x rewards, and this only occurs on the last day reward (currently, this means the 21st day, and in future months this will be the 28th day). Gold-rank receives 4x, Silver 3x, and Bronze (any tier) 2x, which is to say that the largest bonus a player will receive is 5 black cubes per month, as opposed to 1. Subject to change each month, depending on item rotation.

The remaining days are scattered throughout the month and only feature 2x. In the current month, they are:
    • Day 4: Bronze tier 2 and above receive 2 Rebirth flames instead of 1
    • Day 7: Bronze tier 3 and above receive 2 red cubes instead of 1
    • Day 11: Bronze tier 4 and above receive 2 miracle circulators instead of 1
    • Day 14: Silver and above receive 2000 Reward Points instead of 1000
    • Day 18: Gold and above receive 2 Eternal flames instead of 1

While "5x" sounds like a lot, the rewards are in the single digits and, if you've spent NX at all to obtain Bronze rank, is actually more along the lines of 2.5 times bonus items.

As an aside, if someone is spending $300 a month specifically for this bonus, I would probably say they're wasting their money; the rewards are not that good in comparison to what the $300 itself might buy.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    Geminia wrote: »
    I mean, they're paying money to help support the game. If you're a free-to-play player, you don't really have a right to complain. Free-to-play players still get a ton of rewards for free on a daily basis.

Yes, you do have the right to complain. I'm not a less dedicated player because I'm too poor to drop a month's worth of pay into this game. A person who has played for years is far more dedicated than someone who plays two weeks and drops a fortune on NX.

How much money you have shouldn't dictate what kind of player you are.

Also, most people don't buy nx to support the game, they buy it to show off.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Yes, you do have the right to complain. I'm not a less dedicated player because I'm too poor to drop a month's worth of pay into this game. A person who has played for years is far more dedicated than someone who plays two weeks and drops a fortune on NX.

I mean they're giving us some nx stuff for free. I'm a pure f2p that's been playing (on and off) since probably shortly after beta and I see nothing wrong with MVP perks on the Fairy Bros. Heck, I'm happy enough with a free green cube monthly, but maybe that's just me.

Given, yes, they could have worded it differently than "dedicated" but I see little wrong with people who financially support (whether by intention or off product) the game getting bonuses for spitting out cash.
    DSpellGuySlicedTime
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Yoongi wrote: »

I mean they're giving us some nx stuff for free. I'm a pure f2p that's been playing (on and off) since probably shortly after beta and I see nothing wrong with MVP perks on the Fairy Bros. Heck, I'm happy enough with a free green cube monthly, but maybe that's just me.

Given, yes, they could have worded it differently than "dedicated" but I see little wrong with people who financially support (whether by intention or off product) the game getting bonuses for spitting out cash.

It could the word dedicated that throws it all off, yes. Because money doesn't make someone more dedicated. I feel a player that is f2p and spends, say, 5 hours a day on the game vs an mvp diamond player that sends 10 minutes a day to be more dedicated. Nexon seems to think that throwing your wallet at them = dedicated.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018

Oh please anyone who plays a game has a right to complain about it. Regardless if they spend money on it or not. They are still part of the community and with out those free users the paying users wouldn't have anyone to play with. "Ton of rewards" Sorry what are they? You get 1 from fairy bros for killing 300 mobs. The only "free " things you get would be hot time rewards which require no effort. Some of the rewards from fairy bros aren't even useful for everyone.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited October 2018
    *F2P Player* (Whether my opinion makes you believe me or not)

Are people who spend money in the game more "dedicated" players? No, perhaps not. But these players dropping hundreds of dollars (or more, who knows) DO fund Nexon's (and therefore Maplestory's) bottom line. Saying these people don't deserve something a little extra is a bit much. Don't majority shareholders in companies get a say in how the company moves forward? Don't people who invest in publicly traded stocks get money in dividends even if they don't buy a single item from the store?

F2P players ABSOLUTELY have a voice and a right to complain because we get hit by changes and bugs the hardest, as we can't pay our way through them.
    But whether those people buy it to show off or to support the game, it still supports the game. On top of that, if they don't play regularly it's not like they'll care too much for the extra gift anyway. I'm happy we even got the daily gift implemented in the first place.
    YinYangXLilyflowerSlicedTime
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Everything in MapleStory is made easier to those who pay money, and that's just an unfortunate truth. Want permanent 2x exp ? Go buy a 2x exp card every day. Want easy travel ? Buy a HTR every week. That is just the way the world works - the more money you spend, the more perks you get. Ever been to an amusement park and purchased FastLane ? That means you get access to quicker wait times in the queue lines. It doesn't mean that those who didn't won't get to ride the ride, they're just gonna have to wait longer to do so - the same is true for Maple.

I definitely think that 'dedication' is a poor word choice to use in this circumstance. I would simply state that it is an additional perk granted to those who spend waste money on the game. It sucks that there are no perks given to those who have played the game for X number of years - as you've said, we have played this game longer than a lot of the 'pro' 250 players, but just because they drop thousands of dollars into the game they get to reap the rewards moreso than us. It would be nice if there were some sort of loyalty rewards - if you've played for X years, you get XYZ as a perk (something similar to an MVP-tier system).

At the end of the day, all Nexon cares about is $$$ - they do not give a **** about the players or what is good for their actual game. The problem is that whales continue to give Nexon money to maintain a sub-average level of game play. So long as that culture exists, nothing will change.
    HHG1
  • HarmlessHarmless
    Reactions: 660
    edited October 2018
    It isn't game changing. I do not think it should be on Reboot, though.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2018
    The bonus is so small. MVP diamond is already garbage. What you get for spending that much is absolute trash and in no way game breaking or game changing. Even if this game had a proper subscription type item boost you could get these people deserve it in my eyes. They are supporting the game in a big way so free players don't have to. You are legit complaining that people who spend 300+ a month are getting a tiny bit extra. Come on.... really dude?
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2018
    I don't see this a problem whatsoever.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited October 2018

Players are part of the experience regardless of paying status. This is a massively multiplayer game and the paying players choose to spend money on massively multiplayer games because of that "content". If all free players were to leave then so would the big spenders. This is a well-established fact known among all "free-to-play" monetization experts.
    Lilyflower
  • MetaRaidMetaRaid
    Reactions: 860
    edited October 2018
    MVP people help keep the game alive, they deserve it.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2018
    Look, it's like two people go to a book store; one person has a membership that gives rewards for so many purchases but only goes once a week, while the other person does not have a membership and doesn't even buy anything but goes every day and just reads the books there. The membership holder gets a free piece of cake eventually and the non-member wants a free piece of cake too, because they spend all their time there.
    YinYangX
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    If anything the only problem with this is that on the reboot server this does create a very small element of pay to win, but it's so negligible that it really doesn't change anything.
    Most of the items that are increased are things that players with NX would be buying on regular servers anyway. I see no problem with giving the people who keep this game up for those who can't drop crazy money on the game a few extra items.