[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Reboot] Remove bonus MVP rewards from Fairy Bros

DFDFDDFDFD
Reactions: 2,160
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Sorry MVP's, nothing personal.
Reboot is meant to be a strictly non pay-to-win server and it has been so far, for the most part.
Giving MVP's x2 up to x5 the rewards on certain days of Fairy Bros goes directly against everything this server stands for.
Please remove this 'feature' (cheap cash grab) from Reboot, this is not what we signed up for.
Enokumo

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    While I understand the general idea, Reboot already has the other MVP perks such as lower starforcing fee, MVP buffs, etc etc, which can all be argued to be p2w. But as someone already mentioned in a different thread, nobody is paying to become MVP specifically for these small perks and is not really a "cash grab" in that sense.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited October 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    While I understand the general idea, Reboot already has the other MVP perks such as lower starforcing fee, MVP buffs, etc etc, which can all be argued to be p2w. But as someone already mentioned in a different thread, nobody is paying to become MVP specifically for these small perks and is not really a "cash grab" in that sense.

Where do you draw the line though? Next time they pull something like this, someone's gonna come up and say "but MVPs already get extra Fairy Bros rewards though so it's no big deal". Starforcing free reduction is extremely negligible, MVP buffs are somewhat of a public service, so I can live with those. But this is just a foot over the line for me, and could pose a precedent for more pay to win shenanigans in the future.

And as for "not a cash grab"- every small advantage MVP gives is directly aimed at convincing people to spend more money, that's the reason MVP exists in the first place- money for freebies.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I would personally have drawn the line way earlier, and not have any of the MVP perks apply to reboot at all if we're truly gonna call it f2p. Having a stackable exp buff that isn't obtainable through any other means other than paying up is definitely p2w. Doesn't matter if people decide to share it or not.

I don't agree that MVP perks are a direct "cash grab" in that meaning though, yes you get to feel a little extra good about whatever you spent on cosmetics amounting to a ridiculous sum. But nobody is paying those insane amounts to become MVP specifically, and thus it's not a cash grab. Incentive, yes, cash grab, no.

A cash grab would be the unique pot scrolls you were able to obtain via the Re:ZERO random box fragments last year, and that was the compromise they came up with after reboot already complained about the box originally having p2w items. Some people argued that you could easily get unique by cubing with meso, but the fact remains that if you bought enough Re:ZERO boxes you could trade fragments in for a guaranteed unique potential scroll. You paid, you gained, you won.
    MVP doesn't guarantee the top rewards every day and in my opinion the extra Fairy Bros rewards are about as "negligible" as the starforce discount or any of the other perks. Lesser of evils, I suppose, but still.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I think the Fairy Bros MVP bonus, while small, is particularly obnoxious in that it's displayed very prominently on the Fairy Bros UI. Every single time you open it to claim your gift or check what the day's gift is, you see those little medals proclaiming "if you only spend a bit more NX, you can have this doubled!"

And I agree with SadVirgin that MVP perks should never have applied to Reboot at all. Reboot MVP's should only gain cosmetic advantage.

I disagree that nobody buys NX just for the MVP. I've seen quite a few people comment on Discord along the lines of "I need to buy some of the new style boxes to recover my MVP rank" and such. Not many people go from no spending to heavy spending just for MVP perks, but quite a few are tempted to pay "just a little more" to get to the next rank.
    (And the new info in the Cash Shop, about how much you need to spend to keep your rank into the next month, is certainly aimed in that direction as well).

So yes, in my personal opinion (which does not necessarily represent either Nexon or the other VFMs), all Reboot MVP perks are p2w. Including the extra Fairy Bros gifts.
    DFDFDArgentRenni
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited October 2018
    Another case of "yeah but we don't bother to change that for Reboot so w/e".
    DFDFD