[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Google Login

ItziItzi
Reactions: 210
edited October 2018 in Tech Support
Hello, I'm having trouble with the Google login yet regular login + Facebook login works no problem.
I'm receiving a black screen when I go to login via Google. I've logged in here on the website with Google no problem though.

Comments

• AlmostAWarriorAlmostAWarrior
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2018
    Hey, so I try to login to Nexon Launcher by Google, but it only shows up with a gray screen. Facebook and Nexon account login screens seem to be fine, it's just Google that has this problem. I try to login via the website, and it works fine, it's just the launcher. Any help? If I do have to make a Nexon account, will my Maplestory characters save? I'm pretty sure they do, but just for verification.

Any help on the Google login?

Thanks
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    This is a known issue. Nexon is unaware of any resolution at the moment.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/37024/google-created-accounts-unable-to-log-into-nexon-launcher
    Whether or not it has anything to do with the shutdown of Google+ is entirely speculation, but may be relevant.
    If I do have to make a Nexon account, will my Maplestory characters save?

If you have to create a separate account, your characters won't be accessible from any Google-created account. I would assume, anyway. I wouldn't risk it at the moment, but that's because I don't know exactly what you intend to do.
    AlmostAWarrior
  • ItziItzi
    edited October 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. I really hope it works out soon enough.

• AlmostAWarriorAlmostAWarrior
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2018
    Okay- Listen up

I rebooted Nexon launcher about a... ehm, encounter (if you wanna see check my profile, its in rants and raves), and it says "Google third party bla bla bla you cant login to it, we will try to fix it asap' so dont worry TOO much guys, if Nexon does their job, we will have this fixed.
  • KweoKweo
    Reactions: 1,035
    edited October 2018
    Google experienced a breach that affected 500k accounts with one of their API's related to google+, and google+ was permanently shutdown to the public. Might be related, but not positive.

Edit:
    Quoting the article linked by neospector
    "Google discovered a software bug that gave third-party developers access to the private profile data of users of its Google+ social network."

It's almost definitely related.
  • ItziItzi
    edited October 2018
    Yeah it's quite unfortunate for people like me who has founders pack on their Google account. It's strange that we're allowed to login through browser though.
    AlmostAWarrior
  • innncginnncg
    Reactions: 555
    Any update? Or shall I go to sleep now without any hope to be solved in the following couple of hours.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    This issue is supposed to have been resolved.

If you are still unable to log in to the Nexon Launcher using your Google account, please contact customer support.
  • fm750fm750
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2018
    Been having the same issue for the past 2 days now, issue hasn't been resolved for me