[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

If the hacker issue won't be addressed...

Comments

• LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited October 2018
    yeah, add phone verification to accounts. our accounts would be more secure, and probably would avoid hackers i believe?
    Lilyflowercarmenpop22
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Vinsane wrote: »
    So in other words you're trying to condone "Kill stealing"?

Where did I say that? Did you even read my post?

I said regular users shouldn't be punished for sharing maps with hackers because hackers are such a wide spread issue now that they are making questlines unable to be completed, taking over popular maps, etc.

Also why on earth would you care about KSing a hacker anyway? It...it's a hacker.

1) Yes I did, it felt more like a rant and rave post.
    2) If regular users continue reporting, by following the many ways to report then they won't be punished.
    3) I don't.
    4) I'll respond more appropriately.

Your post was not giving any solutions nor suggestions on how we or nexon can combat hackers, botters.
    It's was simply put, "Quit the game or accepting a(n) FUD claim about how nexon doesn't care thus continue to allow botters/hackers too roam freely about in the game."

Many people still love to whine and complain about something that's actually been on a heavy decline.
    In-fact the amount of hackers that actually hack this game is laughable, maybe outta the thousands of players that play this game.
    I would say at a staggering 1% of those players are hackers. I can also guarantee you they're most likely businessman.

As for the E-mail + hackers.
    The governed laws and policies are vastly differentiate when you compare America to other countries.
    NA Games can't do anything other then linking an E-mail account.
    The Companies of E-mail sites would be the people you should contact to tighten up security against hackers.

Looking at all the post so far in the thread, theirs one that stood out the most.
    That is ensuring the Black Mage is killed legitimate.

Definitely gonna be a mainstream focus for NA Nexon team, they must prepare a solution too ensure not only it runs smoothly, but appropiately if the event is solely based on it.

P.S. UserRed beat me to the punch :/

• YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited October 2018
    Vinsane wrote: »
    snip

I still don't think you read my post.

I'll re-write it again, then. Regular players should not be punished for using maps that hackers are on. Hackers are making it so that questlines are not complete able because they take up maps on every single channel. Regular users are punished for using a map that has a hacker on it.

Therefore, my solution is to stop punishing non-hackers for what hackers do, if the issue of hackers isn't being addressed well.

I can't make my post any more simple than that. Also, if you think that the hackers are on a decline, idk what server your on, but Bera is increasingly WORSE.
    It's also not the players fault Nexon won't hire more GMs, we have the right to complain. Hackers and botters are running the place over and regular players are supposed to just sit and take it? We're supposed to just go 'lol oh well?' and not finish questlines because hackers are there? We're supposed to just 'oh well' if we get banned because we need a map that hackers are on?

Also I want to point out that if you read my whole thread, I offered solutions of both captchas (which admittedly won't work well with normal players) or phone verification.

As for reporting, we get 9 reports per day, and I could easily spend 5 of those alone reporting botters in hene ch 1 spamming gamecuu ads. I see 20+ hackers a day. Reporting 9 still lets 11 off the hook (for example.)

Whatever on earth FUD means, whatever, nexon doesn't show they care about the hacker situation regardless. With the amount of nx I see hackers buying, nexon even benefits from them. I really don't think nexon cares, and neither do a lot of people.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    UserRed wrote: »
    Complain is all everyone does. I get that you want this game to be rid of hackers, but when you have tens of thousands of bots running around and only a small force of about 20-30 GMs it's impossible to catch up. Even then they can't make a permanent solution since they'll just keep coming back on a new account.

It's a problem in other games. Runescape, WoW, any other MMORPG you can think of. So the best they can do is to restrict what the botters can do, even when it means restricting normal players.

So you enjoy playing without being able to complete questlines, you enjoy having hackers take over your maps? You enjoy dying and losing exp because a hacker comes and vacuums up a bunch of monsters that hit you? You enjoy having to cc repeatedly to find a map without a hacker on it? You enjoy being banned because you happened to walk in on a map with a hacker on it and the game thinks you're involved?

It's not the players fault that Nexon hires an inadequate amount of staff. We have the right to complain when we're playing a game that many of us put money into only to have it appear that the people who run it don't care about the users who are paying their bills.
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited October 2018
    Complain is all everyone does. I get that you want this game to be rid of hackers, but when you have tens of thousands of bots running around and only a small force of about 20-30 GMs it's impossible to catch up. Even then they can't make a permanent solution since they'll just keep coming back on a new account.

It's a problem in other games. Runescape, WoW, any other MMORPG you can think of. So the best they can do is to restrict what the botters can do, even when it means restricting normal players.

So you enjoy playing without being able to complete questlines, you enjoy having hackers take over your maps? You enjoy dying and losing exp because a hacker comes and vacuums up a bunch of monsters that hit you? You enjoy having to cc repeatedly to find a map without a hacker on it? You enjoy being banned because you happened to walk in on a map with a hacker on it and the game thinks you're involved?

It's not the players fault that Nexon hires an inadequate amount of staff. We have the right to complain when we're playing a game that many of us put money into only to have it appear that the people who run it don't care about the users who are paying their bills.

Ah, well I hail from Reboot and over here we don't have the horde of hackers so that might be the case.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018

Ah, well I hail from Reboot and over here we don't have the horde of hackers so that might be the case.

May not be. I'm in Bera and it's a huge issue. One of my guild members got banned because of a hacker and he wasn't doing anything but checking his legion coins.
    It feels unfair we get banned just for being in the same area as one.
    Traveler5577carmenpop22
  • VinsaneVinsane
    edited October 2018

May not be. I'm in Bera and it's a huge issue. One of my guild members got banned because of a hacker and he wasn't doing anything but checking his legion coins.
    It feels unfair we get banned just for being in the same area as one.

• VinsaneVinsane
    edited October 2018
    "I'll re-write it again, then. Regular players should not be punished for using maps that hackers are on. Hackers are making it so that questlines are not complete able because they take up maps on every single channel. Regular users are punished for using a map that has a hacker on it.

Therefore, my solution is to stop punishing non-hackers for what hackers do, if the issue of hackers isn't being addressed well."

You're kinda special kid.

It's in the terms of service.

That's the reason why you CAN GET PUNISHED if you associate yourself with a hacker.
    Your solution is not helpful, it will provide regular users an abusive exploit which is why it's in the ToS.
    They can choose too either abuse hacking on one computer or benefiting off of a random hacker while playing a legitimate character.

You're emotionally overreacting to an issue what feels like the hundredth time "MANY OTHER MMO/RPG GAMES" encounter, it's not only very difficult, but a strenuous task to handle.
    You don't know without any HARD evidence how many actual regular users aren't hackers.
    I can assure you this is how nexons and/or any other company similar will go by from their perspective.

A suggestion i can offer you while reporting ad bots is to use other characters or mules instead of your main.
    If a hacker(s) are in the map interrupting your quest line or training, Change channel, try a different time or finish it at a different time.

Reading how your sad story has the typical,
    "I was with X (illicit intentions) doing nothing i get banned seconds.
    Sounds like another, "Playing the victim role".

If your buddy truly felt like they were wrongfully banned, then they should contact a nexon staff member thru via live chat on this very site.
    Explaining why and how they felt they were wrongfully banned while providing information and HARD evidence to help state their case to be unbanned.

I do see a small amount of hackers and adbots time to time spamming ads or taking up training spots, quest lines in my world.
    I personally do not condone nor approve illicit activity.

To be fair UserRed, Reboot cannot use the "TRADE" function nor auction house.

Like User Red said many times already including myself, complaining won't make them go away or help the issue.

Traveler5577carmenpop22
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2018
    Lets not diminish a response by resorting to calling the others "kid", it's a bit pedantic and rather shallow.

But I would deduce what Yoongi is saying, that legit players shouldn't be penalized for using a map hackers have been on, when there's no other option. In contrast to what youre thinking they said that "legit" players shouldn't be penalized for using a map a hacker is in. See the difference?

The second wouldnt be able to be differentiated wether or not the "legit" player is in fact with the hacker or not. and the first would be the hacker disappeared when you enter the map, and you began to farm or do what you will there, as a legit player.
    Lilyflowercarmenpop22
  • LynerusLynerus
    Reactions: 1,130
    edited October 2018
    If nexon is buying the phones and paying for the service im down for that... but i dont have a phone and dont plain on buying one ever so that wouldnt really work for legit players without phones
    Fuhreakcarmenpop22
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited October 2018
    eats a Sandwich and watches this topic go forward....
    Lilyflowercarmenpop22