[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A countdown to nothing?

DFDFDDFDFD
Reactions: 2,160
edited October 2018 in General Chat
There was a countdown on the Black Mage promo site for the first Pre-BM event.
Countdown ended a few hours ago and was simply removed form existence, no relevant new event announced anywhere.
What gives?

Comments

• ElaieElaie
    Reactions: 585
    edited October 2018
    That's strange. Whenever I go to the micro-site, the countdown says 5 and a half more hours. Perhaps it's bugged for some people?

Edit: Apparently the timer is showing different amounts of time left for everyone. If it's going off of your PCs clock, it likely thinks the countdown is already up. Since the event is supposed to go live at 11 AM Pacific.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2018
    its 100% bugged they need to fix it.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    edited October 2018
    Freed wrote: »
    That's strange. Whenever I go to the micro-site, the countdown says 5 and a half more hours. Perhaps it's bugged for some people?

Edit: Apparently the timer is showing different amounts of time left for everyone. If it's going off of your PCs clock, it likely thinks the countdown is already up. Since the event is supposed to go live at 11 AM Pacific.

I see. Well it's good knowing they didn't just forget the event. :P
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    edited October 2018
    So.... No event?
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited October 2018
    We just have to wait till they announce it in the website *eats popcorn*.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited October 2018
    Update: I saw it it's in there.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited October 2018
    No joke
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    edited October 2018
    Saw what? It just started a new countdown.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »

You might need to refresh the page a few times. Then you will see that the first frame (where the teaser video used to be) now has Cygnus missions, and between the frames and the countdown is a "base" you need to build.
    YinYangXLilyflower
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    edited October 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

You might need to refresh the page a few times. Then you will see that the first frame (where the teaser video used to be) now has Cygnus missions, and between the frames and the countdown is a "base" you need to build.

Doesn't seem to work for me.
    Still a bit disappointing that this big dramatic countdown was for Maple Missions, which we've been getting monthly for a while now regarldless, with a Cygnus splash stamped on it to make it look Black Mage related...
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to work for me.
    Still a bit disappointing that this big dramatic countdown was for Maple Missions, which we've been getting monthly for a while now regarldless, with a Cygnus splash stamped on it to make it look Black Mage related...

Try clearing your browsing data. Was having similar issues but saw the "new" Black Mage page afterwards.