[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Monsters not dropping Ghost Coins

MattyMatty
Reactions: 2,120
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Event

Brief bug summary: Monsters within level range should drop Ghost Coins according to the patch notes
wOxwCuE.png

More details: N/A

Steps to reproduce: Kill monsters, get no coin drops.

Character name: FoxMatty

Character level: 230

Character job: Shade

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 10/16/2018 5 PM PST

Comments

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited October 2018
    The monsters don't drop the coins. You can get them from the event window.
  • MattyMatty
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    The monsters don't drop the coins. You can get them from the event window.

The patch notes say they should, though.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2018
    I did not see that anywhere
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2018
    no event coins from monsters.
  • MattyMatty
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    It was my the 1st post, but here. wOxwCuE.png

"through the Ghoulbusters event OR when hunting monsters within your level range"
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2018
    yes you get the coins from hunting one of the monsters out of the three. You kill 10 of them and then claim the reward of 3 coins. The monsters do not drop coins. It does not say that they drop coins. It says that you can EARN ghost coins.
  • MattyMatty
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    yes you get the coins from hunting one of the monsters out of the three. You kill 10 of them and then claim the reward of 3 coins. The monsters do not drop coins. It does not say that they drop coins. It says that you can EARN ghost coins.

Take a look at the screenshot again. It says you can earn coins through the Ghostbusters event (which is what you described) OR through killing monsters, which yes, contrary to what you might believe implies they do indeed drop coins.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2018
    well perhaps they will fix it or update it on Thursday. My bet is that they will just change the patch notes...
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    The overall .199 notes say they should, the event patch notes don't state they should anywhere.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2018
    Yep they "Updated" the notes. The patch notes still do say "Trade in your Ghost Coins for bone-chilling items. You can earn Ghost Coins through the Ghoulbusters event, or when hunting monsters within your level range (20 levels below and 20 levels above)."
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited October 2018
    I believe it's mere poorly described. I would guess it is just an addition the monsters needs to be in your level range of 20 level above or below your current level to encounter these event monsters, and not to get them directly dropped by regular monsters. I mean I really don't mind if they are supposed to be dropped but I strongly doubt that.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    The update notes were updated to say
    Trade in your Ghost Coins for bone-chilling items. You can earn Ghost Coins through the Ghoulbusters event: by hunting monsters within your level range (20 levels below and 20 levels above) in order to get the ghouls to appear, and then defeating the ghouls.