[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't have Zero in reboot but we get tera burning

pepepepe
Reactions: 2,125
edited October 2018 in General Chat
Anyone else find this absurd? The fact that Zero cannot be made in reboot because (among other things) its 'smooth sailing' to lv180 yet we are getting an event that gives you an easy path to 200, simply makes no sense.
Arch_AlyssaQaevi

Comments

• Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited October 2018
    well he is made really strong. i mean They Handle most mobs really good. :-)
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited October 2018
    pepe wrote: »
    Anyone else find this absurd? The fact that Zero cannot be made in reboot because (among other things) its 'smooth sailing' to lv180 yet we are getting an event that gives you an easy path to 200, simply makes no sense.

100% agree! 3 years later, I think we waited long enough to have Zero in Reboot!
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I think it's more those "other things" than the easy level 180.
    Level 200 has been pretty easy for awhile now. I can't remember when our curve was lowered.
    And the 200-220 was just adjusted too. At this point I think it's entirely Zero's unique systems rather than the easy grind.
    Since Reboot isn't as popular over in Korea, I think we depend entirely on Korea thinking it is worth it to fix reboot entirely for the sake of GMS.
    scholar624
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Level 200 has been pretty easy for awhile now. I can't remember when our curve was lowered.
    And the 200-220 was just adjusted too. At this point I think it's entirely Zero's unique systems rather than the easy grind.
    Since Reboot isn't as popular over in Korea, I think we depend entirely on Korea thinking it is worth it to fix reboot entirely for the sake of GMS.

A little tweak to the zero weapon system so we can have it on Reboot as well? Easy enough, but only depends if they want to do it or not... If they can remove areas and add flames and 25 star force, then wth they can't add Zero to Reboot???
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018

A little tweak to the zero weapon system so we can have it on Reboot as well? Easy enough, but only depends if they want to do it or not... If they can remove areas and add flames and 25 star force, then wth they can't add Zero to Reboot???

Because reboot isn't popular in Korea, so it's back burner stuff. They get to it when they get to it.
  • HarmlessHarmless
    Reactions: 660
    edited October 2018
    I's been a while since it stopped making sense that we can't have Zero on reboot. :/

We only will be getting them once kMS has them (if ever).
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited October 2018

Because reboot isn't popular in Korea, so it's back burner stuff. They get to it when they get to it.

Yeah, that's what I said, they have 2 worlds of Reboot and they are empty...

But here there is only one and it's full almost all the time (ok less now since singapore was removed) and a lot of the player base is on both Bera and Reboot... So adding Zero on Reboot makes more sense here than Reboot Korea and it's a request that the community has submit a long time ago.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    snip

I think you missed my point. Which is that we're not KMS, so our content is second to theirs.
    They'll fix things that affect them first, and game breaking bugs that we have, other than that we're lucky if we get anything exclusive that doesn't break 2 weeks later.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited October 2018
    snip

I think you missed my point. Which is that we're not KMS, so our content is second to theirs.
    They'll fix things that affect them first, and game breaking bugs that we have, other than that we're lucky if we get anything exclusive that doesn't break 2 weeks later.

Nope, I didn't miss your point, all i'm saying is we are not kms and yes we have things that they don't have (gollux, hayato, kanna etc) so that's why it can be done even if they don't do a thing about Zero in Reboot Kms...
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited October 2018
    Going back to what Fahreak mentioning “little things”, the real issue with Zeros in Reboot is not them leveling too fast. If anything, the risk is whether a new Zero can even level at all starting with beginner tier gear in perspective to monsters level 100ish in Reboot.

Rather, the major probelm comes in conflicting Reboot’s server mechanics and Zero’s exclusive content. All the monsters and bosses in Mirror World (which Zero must eventually complete or get a good way in to progress their character) have their HP scaled in accordance to Reboot’s own unique HP:Exp ratio curve. The trick comes in making sure Zero can actually become enjoyable while still obeying Reboot server restrictions regarding no trading, storage, and Lapis & Lazuli’s weapon progression system.

When Zero first came out during R.E.D. Update, one of the biggest complaints was how stale the gameplay quickly became; stuck in Mirror World grinding the same maps repeatedly just to level up unless you purchased a quest Exp bonus coupon to speed things along. The grind will only become more apparent following Reboots monster HP per level in Mirror World.
  • theLUMItheLUMI
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2018
    A bit off topic here, but when is the tera burning event starts?
    Thanks.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited October 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Going back to what Fahreak mentioning “little things”, the real issue with Zeros in Reboot is not them leveling too fast. If anything, the risk is whether a new Zero can even level at all starting with beginner tier gear in perspective to monsters level 100ish in Reboot.

Rather, the major probelm comes in conflicting Reboot’s server mechanics and Zero’s exclusive content. All the monsters and bosses in Mirror World (which Zero must eventually complete or get a good way in to progress their character) have their HP scaled in accordance to Reboot’s own unique HP:Exp ratio curve. The trick comes in making sure Zero can actually become enjoyable while still obeying Reboot server restrictions regarding no trading, storage, and Lapis & Lazuli’s weapon progression system.

When Zero first came out during R.E.D. Update, one of the biggest complaints was how stale the gameplay quickly became; stuck in Mirror World grinding the same maps repeatedly just to level up unless you purchased a quest Exp bonus coupon to speed things along. The grind will only become more apparent following Reboots monster HP per level in Mirror World.

But we had the time to make some link skills and have a decent union bord so I think we should be fine. After all, it's been 3 years now so...
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited October 2018
    theLUMI wrote: »
    A bit off topic here, but when is the tera burning event starts?
    Thanks.

In november
    theLUMI