[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add Sharp Eyes to Mercedes Class

X3MninetailX3Mninetail
Reactions: 1,060
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Mercedes is the only archer class without the Sharp Eyes skill. For some reason, this was not added when the class was released. Is it possible to add it with the Black Mage update?

Comments

• BDanBDan
    Reactions: 885
    edited October 2018
    2 issues with this:
    1)Which skill would suggest sharp eyes replace?
    Don't forget that Sharp Eyes is a 4th job level skill with a mastery level of 30. The skills it could replace are:
    Ishtar's ring
    Lightning's Edge
    Ancient Warding
    Dual Bowguns Expert
    Advanced Final Attack

Would you honestly want to lose one of these in exchange for a little extra crit hit chance and crit dmg?

2)You can get sharp eyes as a 5th lvl job skill.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited October 2018
    Mercedes has sharp eyes...
  • BDanBDan
    edited October 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Mercedes has sharp eyes...

Please refer to my second point.
  • X3MninetailX3Mninetail
    edited October 2018
    BDan wrote: »
    2 issues with this:
    Don't forget that Sharp Eyes is a 4th job level skill with a mastery level of 30. The skills it could replace are:
    Ishtar's ring
    Lightning's Edge
    Ancient Warding
    Dual Bowguns Expert
    Advanced Final Attack

Would you honestly want to lose one of these in exchange for a little extra crit hit chance and crit dmg?

We don’t need to remove any skills, Nexon could just lower the max level to 20 on other skills without nerfing the stats to make room for Sharp Eyes. It’s the most reasonable thing to do here.

Sharp Eyes nodestone is not as powerful as regular Sharp Eyes, and it also takes up a slot in the V-Matrix. Not all Mercs can afford to lose a node slot to Sharp Eyes.

• BDanBDan
    edited October 2018

2 issues with this:

We don’t need to remove any skills, Nexon could just lower the max level to 20 on other skills without nerfing the stats to make room for Sharp Eyes. It’s the most reasonable thing to do here.

Sharp Eyes nodestone is not as powerful as regular Sharp Eyes, and it also takes up a slot in the V-Matrix. Not all Mercs can afford to lose a node slot to Sharp Eyes.

Fair point. Elaborate how you think all the skills should be adjusted to accommodate the extra skill added to Mercedes. Don't forget, if you modify sharp eyes to lvl 20 mastery for mercs, you have to for bowmasters and wind archers too... I'm sure if you spell out a solution on how to reallocate the AP Nexon will be more likely to consider it.

....And yes there's a just a touch of sardonicism in there....not about your suggestion, I do agree with it to a point (all other archer classes have it as a skill after all).
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Mercedes is the only archer class without the Sharp Eyes skill. For some reason, this was not added when the class was released. Is it possible to add it with the Black Mage update?

Mercedes is old, I guess they invented Sharp Eyes while she was frozen in the ice.

On a more serious note, lowering the level from 30 to 20 on three other skills allows her to have Sharp Eyes, but it gives her the full bonus on those skills more quickly.
    I didn't really like Mercedes (I was probably playing her wrong) in her 1-140 grind, so having a little bit extra in the early 4th job stages for me would be fine.
    Bowmen don't have very many classes available, so if in the future they add more I think Mercedes would fit not having sharp eyes. (Assuming they don't give those classes Sharp Eyes.)

If we ever get more bowmen, should they all get Sharp Eyes?
    No other classes have a shared skill across all versions of the base class. Why should bowmen be any different?
  • X3MninetailX3Mninetail
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Mercedes is old, I guess they invented Sharp Eyes while she was frozen in the ice.

On a more serious note, lowering the level from 30 to 20 on three other skills allows her to have Sharp Eyes, but it gives her the full bonus on those skills more quickly.
    I didn't really like Mercedes (I was probably playing her wrong) in her 1-140 grind, so having a little bit extra in the early 4th job stages for me would be fine.
    Bowmen don't have very many classes available, so if in the future they add more I think Mercedes would fit not having sharp eyes. (Assuming they don't give those classes Sharp Eyes.)

If we ever get more bowmen, should they all get Sharp Eyes?
    No other classes have a shared skill across all versions of the base class. Why should bowmen be any different?

All classes have at least 1 party skill, guess how many Mercedes has... it’s 0 skills (not counting Maple Warrior). Adding Sharp Eyes would also help as people would add Mercs to their party for bossing.

• TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited October 2018
    2 issues with this:
    Ishtar's ring
    Lightning's Edge
    Ancient Warding
    Dual Bowguns Expert
    Advanced Final Attack

then get sharp eyes on gloves xd
  • X3MninetailX3Mninetail
    edited October 2018
    2 issues with this:
    Ishtar's ring
    Lightning's Edge
    Ancient Warding
    Dual Bowguns Expert
    Advanced Final Attack

then get sharp eyes on gloves xd

Again, like the nodestone Sharp Eyes, the decent Sharp Eyes is not as good as the real one.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018

All classes have at least 1 party skill, guess how many Mercedes has... it’s 0 skills (not counting Maple Warrior). Adding Sharp Eyes would also help as people would add Mercs to their party for bossing.

Blaster and Shade. I don't recall either of them having a party buff.
    However you can argue that both of them have a bind, so I'm not sure if they really count.
    You could say that they have more to offer the party than just pure damage numbers though.
    Perhaps one of Mercedes self buffs or passives could be changed to give a small bonus to the party as well.

Again, like the nodestone Sharp Eyes, the decent Sharp Eyes is not as good as the real one.

The better point would be yours above, that she has no party skills.
    Decent Sharp Eyes doesn't fix the problem because it's not a party buff.
    Even if it was changed to be one, literally any class could fill the roll.
  • DKnukunuDKnukunu
    Reactions: 1,045
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Mercedes do have party skills, just not buffs.
    'Spikes Royale' and 'Unicorn Spike'
    they reduce enemy defense, and increases dealt damage
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    DKnukunu wrote: »
    Mercedes do have party skills, just not buffs.
    'Spikes Royale' and 'Unicorn Spike'
    they reduce enemy defense, and increases dealt damage

That's what I get for not playing Mercedes. Good to know!
    I'd have to say she's fine then. If not a little annoying (personally) to play.