[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

event feedback: Not enough coins per day

Comments

• UnemployedUnemployed
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited October 2018
    After doing the event for TWO straight days, I finally got enough points to open up the random box and guess what... Didn't get what I wanted. There's 8% chance of getting what you desire, there is just no logical way I can continue grinding and getting the outfit. So discouraging.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Since the items from the event can be stored, it's possible they wanted players to do multiple characters.
    Fighting mobs 20 levels below you is a good way to do it faster, but this still raises some concerns on how few items you can get if you go for the high value ones.
    I think rather than adjusting the coin rate, maybe we should just lower the coin shop's costs? I imagine this would be an easier fix.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited October 2018
    Unemployed wrote: »
    After doing the event for TWO straight days, I finally got enough points to open up the random box and guess what... Didn't get what I wanted. There's 8% chance of getting what you desire, there is just no logical way I can continue grinding and getting the outfit. So discouraging.

Yeah, the random item box is gonna suck. It's 150 coins per go, plus I'm pretty sure you can end up getting duplicates that you can't even trade. This event was ill planned and poorly priced with the 99 coins a day.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Since the items from the event can be stored, it's possible they wanted players to do multiple characters.
    Fighting mobs 20 levels below you is a good way to do it faster, but this still raises some concerns on how few items you can get if you go for the high value ones.
    I think rather than adjusting the coin rate, maybe we should just lower the coin shop's costs? I imagine this would be an easier fix.

Yeah, I've been using fes2 to make it faster even though it's 11 levels lower than me (I'm 205) but it still takes hours.

There is literally 0 desire to do the event on more than one character. Without kishin or frenzy it just takes way too long - and apparently, nobody sells either anymore, since I've been trying to buy it since the event started and no one will sell - and I'm on Bera. :/

The even is a serious lack of foresight on nexon's end. And since they haven't changed anything, they're not planning to. They don't care.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited October 2018
    throw in a shop discount on halloween or something thx
    UnemployedFuhreak
  • UnemployedUnemployed
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited October 2018
    Discount please.... @Arwoo