[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Feedback on Monster Collection + Suggestion

BDanBDan
Reactions: 885
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As I'm sure many fellow maplers are aware, adding to the monster collection can be notoriously time consuming, frustrating and difficult; leading to most of us not bothering after a while. To add insult to injury, the rewards for completing a set are frequently not worth the effort. My most recent example is getting 100 spell traces and 15 maple reward points for completing the set that includes the slurpy tree and flyons from chu chu village.

I'm aware that there is the potential to get better rewards than those I received, but the fact remains that we get better rewards from doing daily surprise missions or by beating bosses (which doesn't take nearly as much time).

That being said, I do have some suggestions:

a) Increase the value of the rewards for completing a set (my least favorite)
b) Increase the chances of adding a monster to the collection ( I personally like this one)
c) (The one that will benefit both the players and, more importantly *insert snarky sad but true comment here* ---- NEXON) How about creating a cash shop item that players can buy to randomly add a monster (or monsters) that they haven't collected yet to the collection?

Your thoughts?
Laicalasse

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Once you have completed a set, you can continue to get rewards from it by "sending it exploring".

By collecting more monsters, you can send out more sets to explore, and increase the amount of your daily rewards.
  • BDanBDan
    edited October 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Once you have completed a set, you can continue to get rewards from it by "sending it exploring".

By collecting more monsters, you can send out more sets to explore, and increase the amount of your daily rewards.

I'm well aware of that, Akradian; which is why I listed the better rewards per set as a lesser concern....Perhaps I made that notion a little unclear by emphasizing the reward I got from the Arcane River set I recently acquired. While I'm not totally satisfied with the exploration rewards, I get that they cannot be exorbitant rewards like those you can potentially get from Gachapon or Philosopher's Books, etc. My main issue is really with collecting them to begin with (especially those actually worth collecting that take 6 hours to explore). The collection aspect is more important to me.

My emphasis should've been on that I think both Nexon and players could benefit from having a cash item available to them to unlock monsters for the monster collection.

I hope that cleared it up.
  • BDanBDan
    edited October 2018
    I would also like to add that the 5x Monster Collection thing for yesterday's Sunny Sunday was very much appreciated for my part, at least. Can we have it again sometime?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    BDan wrote: »
    I would also like to add that the 5x Monster Collection thing for yesterday's Sunny Sunday was very much appreciated for my part, at least. Can we have it again sometime?

It's a repeated perk that's part of the Sunny Sunday Perks, but the last time I remember it, it was like 2/3 cycles ago, so we might not see it again for awhile.
  • BDanBDan
    edited October 2018
    Must've been during my hiatus.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Do mu-lung dojo, do different monster parks (iirc MP works), do bounty portals, those will increase your monster counts while you're doing other content.
    As for the sets, just grab some of the better low level sets. I have one 24 hour team and three 6 hour teams and I think the rewards are pretty good.
    It could be a bit easier to actually obtain the monsters while grinding, sometimes you can be there for hours and never get it.

It would be nice if Nexon could rotate some mobs in/out of the bounty portals to make collecting them easier.
    For example, put a random mob from a list on the castle walls bounty portal.
    These mobs never attack so it doesn't really matter what mob they are.
    (As long as they're a similar size.)