[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is there anyway to reset a map area?

LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
Reactions: 1,285
edited October 2018 in General Chat
I was walking through path way, and I noticed multiple maps where hackers messed it up (either monsters are gathered up in one weird area or they many bunched up in a small space)? I am not literally shocked that hackers are not in this game, but boy... it is not as bad as years ago in Khaini. That year they dominated maplestory for a good long while that even legit players had to befriend them. So, I guess you guys must be doing something right.

Anyway, back to map reset? Any possibility to report this? I don't like to kill monsters that were effected by hackers... and sometimes it's a hassle to change channels especially when my record in one play through is 3-10 times.
  1. How many times have you seen hackers in maplestory?6 votes
    1. Nonexistent... I see non as far as the eye can see!
       0% (0 votes)
    2. 1-10 times... It's Very Rare! They barely show their face.
       33% (2 votes)
    3. 11-20 times... It's Uncommon!
       17% (1 vote)
    4. 21-30 times... Yeah! It's common here!
       33% (2 votes)
    5. 31+... They're just everywhere man!
       17% (1 vote)

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Just kill the mobs, think that's the only way to "reset" the map.
    LoyalHeartTiger
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    edited October 2018
    Well, is that rule set in motion still? In the past, if you did that, you would be accused of being assisted by hackers long ago and it could lead to getting banned yourself regardless if you are a legitimate player (This rule/ instruction was set back in 2007). We were told not to do that from the site long ago. If this rule has been changed, please let me know.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    It was mostly so people wouldn't stand and kill mobs that were being continuously vacced.
    If I run into an abandoned map like that now I just kill a few and let the spawn scatter/normalize a bit before killing the rest. I don't actually know if there's a system in place for that sort of stuff, but at the very least I won't get kicked by the automated GM Lag Police for killing a full map's worth of spawn in one go.
    LoyalHeartTiger
    edited October 2018
    Thank you for letting me know. This is way better than skipping and jumping from channel to channel to not find a map that wasn't messed up. However, it's hard to be aware when their abandoned. One time at the path way, the hacker actually keeps reappearing at the place I was in and disappearing. So, it seems a challenging to determine if a map is truly abandoned when they come back. However, thank you for the info.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Kind of piggy-backing off what SadVirgin said, if there's no "system" that's (properly) automatically banning/kicking bots, most likely there isn't a "system" that'll automatically ban/kick you for being on the same map as one.

Though in the case you mentioned, I'd still cc in the rare case a gm randomly decides to pass by and ding you for guilt by association.
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited October 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Kind of piggy-backing off what SadVirgin said, if there's no "system" that's (properly) automatically banning/kicking bots, most likely there isn't a "system" that'll automatically ban/kick you for being on the same map as one.

Though in the case you mentioned, I'd still cc in the rare case a gm randomly decides to pass by and ding you for guilt by association.

The same system is also kicking legit players because they're lagging. How sad.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Poll is slightly misleading because players who play a long time of course have seen 30+ hackers.
    I usually see 0-2 hackers a day. They're not really that common in the higher 5th job areas.
    I usually notice them when going back for VJ Dailies or Legion Mule grind.
    edited October 2018

Wow when you said "Guilty by association" it totally remind me of linkin park. Back to the subject, yeah I feel like doing that is still safer because you never know when a Gm might come in and see it and think it is you.
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Poll is slightly misleading because players who play a long time of course have seen 30+ hackers.
    I usually see 0-2 hackers a day. They're not really that common in the higher 5th job areas.
    I usually notice them when going back for VJ Dailies or Legion Mule grind.

ROFL! I did that poll before I went to bed. You're taking it more seriously than me XD. I just wanted to see if the game returned back to where it's dominated by hackers like in 2007-2008. Other than that is missing the mark XD.
    edited October 2018
    DiximaN wrote: »

The same system is also kicking legit players because they're lagging. How sad.

Yeah! That's the troublesome part I am dealing with currently. There was a map that lagged so badly when a hacker came by that it kicked me off the map, and it wasn't a trainer map. It was just me being in Henesys or in the path way 6.... which is really weird. A hacker keeps popping up in that area a lot. This is most concerning because there was a time I get that message with the three reason and hope they didn't ban me especially when I just put nexon cash on my account. I was like..."Wow.... if anyone was in my situation and they got the second reason: Banned! for no reason." I would feel for them because being falsely banned is a headache in itself. It a long process that no legit player should ever.... EVER go through to have a good experience here on maplestory no matter if you paid nexon cash or not.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018

ROFL! I did that poll before I went to bed. You're taking it more seriously than me XD. I just wanted to see if the game returned back to where it's dominated by hackers like in 2007-2008. Other than that is missing the mark XD.

Absolutely not.
    Back in those days hackers didn't give any cares in the world if you saw them.
    They hacked in town, they would KS you, insult you, etc.
    These days, (I play Reboot so Bera might be different) if you see a hacker they freak out and CC or D/C instantly.
    Back in the 2007-2008 days, you couldn't report them fast enough, there were just too many.
    These days, you can't report them because they scatter as soon as they see another player.
    edited October 2018

Absolutely not.
    These days, (I play Reboot so Bera might be different) if you see a hacker they freak out and CC or D/C instantly.
    Back in the 2007-2008 days, you couldn't report them fast enough, there were just too many.
    These days, you can't report them because they scatter as soon as they see another player.

Good to know!
    That was indeed true. I remember those times, you can actually have a conversation with them if they're the right type. Even though majority was jerks, few were actually chilled.
    Well, as a warrior back than I would get KSed and insulted by hackers and legitimate players. There was no difference.
    Which is kinda sad because... I did remember long ago I did make a friend with one (don't worry, I didn't benefit from him). Me and my other friends tried to convince him to become legit and we would help him. Sadly, he didn't take our offer and he was gone. We actually hoped he changed his mind. He was cool, and probably played the game normally and something happened where he became a hacker. Usually, some reason... even bordem.... sadly is a reason.
    PWAHAHAHA! I do remember that! Was it the red button back than. It was soo inconvenient. It was better to screen shot and report than that old thing.
    It looks like they improved. That's what I wanted to see. However, I was curious how well. this also determines if I will start putting money into their game again. To be honest, it seems like they did way better, but I wanted to hear how well from other people. So far, the most concerning and problematic.... no one can claim 0 times soo far.
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited October 2018

Absolutely not.

I've had the opposite experience. Whenever I step into a map that has bots, they stick around. Although it is quite difficult to report them as they are blinking around the map at high speed so when I catch them and report them I feel good. But, that's about it. There's no other rewarding thing about seeing the same botter on the same map not being dealt with from GMs, they gotta give the community some stronger potency to deal with these people who make accounts because they refuse to play the game. It's really dumb, they could be spending time in a better game making actual money (ie: World of Warcraft). Maplestory... you're not fooling anyone with the meso-farming.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I've had the opposite experience. Whenever I step into a map that has bots, they stick around. Although it is quite difficult to report them as they are blinking around the map at high speed so when I catch them and report them I feel good. But, that's about it. There's no other rewarding thing about seeing the same botter on the same map not being dealt with from GMs, they gotta give the community some stronger potency to deal with these people who make accounts because they refuse to play the game. It's really dumb, they could be spending time in a better game making actual money (ie: World of Warcraft). Maplestory... you're not fooling anyone with the meso-farming.

I've seen a few of those too. Here's a trick for reporting them.
    Bring up the report menu first, wait until they teleport close to you, then select the report reason.
    You'll be able to pick their name now. I can't remember if you have to wait for them to teleport back to select their name or not, but that seems to work.