[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I'm stuck in a unknown world. [Send Help]

HyrabaroHyrabaro
Reactions: 895
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2018 in General Chat
[Reboot]

I had the smartest idea to thinking about choosing the kanna as a main character.

After recently announcement of aruu' of an upcoming a maple memo about kishing "changing/removing/buffing" i just feel like i can't continue anymore as a kanna main or choosing another main until the clarification. My legion level is about 2k atm. (so im not that far in the game).

Don't get me wrong, i enjoy kanna as a main even im just around level 20X. but the whole thing about unknown future makes me so uncertain about still playing that class.

I just feel like my time is not worth to spent of making any progress on kanna or any other char until maple memo shows up.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Comments

• LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2018
    Let me translate for you:

Ahem!
    Translation:

I had the smartest idea of choosing a kanna as my main character.

After I heard recent announcements of an upcoming even "ARK"(I think you mean the ark since that is the closest spelling to it) on the maple memo about Ksing (which I believe you mean kill stealing) "Changing/Removing Buffs". I feel like I can't continue anymore as a Kanna and/or I cannot choose another main until there is some clarification. My legion level is 2,000 at the moment. But, I am not that far into the game.

Don't get the wrong idea! I enjoy my kanna as my main character. I'm even around level 200+, but the whole uncertainty of the class makes me uncertain about playing on my Kanna.

I feel like it not worth spending any more progress on my kanna or any character until the maple memo shows up.

Sorry for my bad English!

End of Translation!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018

- snip

End of Translation!

Please don't try to "translate" if you don't understand the original message.
    Hyrabaro's text actually makes more sense than yours, since Aru (a.k.a Arwoo, our Community Manager) did indeed speak of "news about Kishin" ("Kishin Shoukan" is an important skill of the Kanna class).

Unfortunately, Hyrabaro, we do not have any further information at this time. I understand how you feel. I have a high-level Kanna myself, and I don't know whether I'm wasting my time doing the current events on it.
    Perhaps you should work on leveling link skill or legion mules for now, as you will need them regardless of which class you choose to main.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited October 2018

Ahem!
    Translation:

I had the smartest idea of choosing a kanna as my main character.

After I heard recent announcements of an upcoming even "ARK"(I think you mean the ark since that is the closest spelling to it) on the maple memo about Ksing (which I believe you mean kill stealing) "Changing/Removing Buffs". I feel like I can't continue anymore as a Kanna and/or I cannot choose another main until there is some clarification. My legion level is 2,000 at the moment. But, I am not that far into the game.

Don't get the wrong idea! I enjoy my kanna as my main character. I'm even around level 200+, but the whole uncertainty of the class makes me uncertain about playing on my Kanna.

I feel like it not worth spending any more progress on my kanna or any character until the maple memo shows up.

Sorry for my bad English!

End of Translation!

I cringed, so hard. Worst part is you even replaced his grammatical mistakes with even worse grammar.
    Fuhreak
  • HyrabaroHyrabaro
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    ya i thinking working on links its a pretty good idea
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited October 2018
    Here's a tip from a Kanna main.

If you are worried about the loss of kishin affecting your enjoyment of the class, take a day and just don't use kishin. If you're not loving the class after that, then you probably won't be a fan of what is to come and you might want to consider making a new main. The tele-farming meta will likely die off if we lose kishin, so don't enjoy farming with a more hands-on approach, things are going to be bad.

Bossing is also quite underwhelming. With Nexon continuing to ignore the damage they did bye nerfing Haku the way the did, Kanna's damage is terrible and almost insignificant in endgame parties. Parties currently look for Kanna to manage boss binds, but I've seen an increasing number of complaints about our bind's duration. I suspect that eventually those binds will be brought in line with all other binds. This doesn't mean Kanna's will get dropped from a party; having one person manage the bind timer is convenient and having two binds allows some leeway on misses (endgame bosses do love to teleport as you cast). Spirits Domain is still a fantastic party buff and Bellflower Barrier provides that extra boss damage that parties need (though I've heard complaints about the cooldown on the latter). However, the lack of damage is a problem in those bosses and parties may reconsider their composition should any future nerfs happen.

Furthermore, Kanna doesn't exactly respond well to funding, which is part of the problem with her damage output. For comparison, Aru's joke/speed run of normal Lotus took around 9 minutes, but for me, using my binds and magic attack potions, it takes around 15 minutes. Both of us have around 28k stat, though I have higher IED, Boss Damage, Crit rate, and Crit Damage. Yikes.

We also have no idea what our third 5th job skill is, which is another problem. All KMS classes at least got into public testing so feedback could be collected, that is not going to happen for Kanna and the other non-KMS classes. Considering how slow and unwilling Nexon usually is about making changes to those classes, if any of those skills are really bad, we may not see them rebalanced a year or more.

I won't lie, I'd take some solace in seeing all the leeches die but that brief moment of happiness would be vastly outweighed by how terrible thing might be.
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2018
    No Problem! I shall not do it again. And I am sorry Hyrabaro. I really didn't mean any disrespect. I was only intending to help, and it seems I only messed things up for you. I am very sorry! I hope you have a wonderful experience regardless of the situation, and I hope you still stick around. Have a wonderful day!

And I am also sorry to everyone else that I offended. It shall not happen again. I am truly sorry. Please accept my humble apology. You all have a wonderful day. :)
    Fuhreak
  • HyrabaroHyrabaro
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    We also have no idea what our third 5th job skill is, which is another problem. All KMS classes at least got into public testing so feedback could be collected, that is not going to happen for Kanna and the other non-KMS classes. Considering how slow and unwilling Nexon usually is about making changes to those classes, if any of those skills are really bad, we may not see them rebalanced a year or more.

I really hate we dont have a PTS to test and get feedback like lets say LoL do.... or even KMST... we really should have a perma PTS on to test things and collect feedbacks... i think with a pts an impact of major change shoudn't be that big if we know WHAT WE CAN EXPECT.... too sad :(
    Fuhreak