[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Kanna hackers every where and every channel

noelbnetznoelbnetz
Reactions: 250
edited October 2018 in General Chat
I kid you not, I'm trying to train on King Golems's and every channel there is a kanna bot/hacker. Im playing on Bera. This is ridiculous. I understand maplestory 2 dropped and its the focus at the moment, but to completely allow this to occur across all 20 channels is something else.
tggt00BBQTimedarik

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2018
    1. This issue has already been brought up plenty of times.
    2. Wizet (maplestory developers) aren't maplestory 2 developers (NSquare and Kru Interactive)
    noelbnetzSlicedTimeFuhreakdarik
  • noelbnetznoelbnetz
    Reactions: 250
    edited October 2018
    do they plan on doing anything to the immense amount of hackers at all?
    Lyedendarik
    edited October 2018
    It's an issue that's been rooted deep since the beginning years of the game, so tackling the problem wont be as easy now.
    LyedenTraveler5577Lilyflower
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2018
    noelbnetz wrote: »
    I kid you not, I'm trying to train on King Golems's and every channel there is a kanna bot/hacker. Im playing on Bera. This is ridiculous. I understand maplestory 2 dropped and its the focus at the moment, but to completely allow this to occur across all 20 channels is something else.

Bro to keep it a 100 with you your in the most worst server when it comes to the hacking issues. Most of those bots are run and make the market what it is. The issue is nexon knows or has a good idea who is doing it and controlling it actually most of us do. At least the guild masters in bera like myself and others, but we know they wont do anything. Most you can do is make the best out of a bad situation or sad to say it play ms2 lmao.
    Lyeden
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited October 2018
    Welcome to MapleStory
    Qaevidarik
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2018
    Actually! I am glad he said something about this. I noticed a good deal of Kanna I caught hacking in the server I am in. Most of the time while I was trainning, they are the ones that keep jumping around the screen oddly from the right corner to the side. They also make my screen jerk a bit. It always feels like a virus just entered in the map. And mostly it's a Kanna!
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited October 2018

Let me tell you this, if they really want to, they can easily erase at least 70% of hackers.
    They just need the desire to do so.

When you're the owner of a game (any game) you realise that anything is possible and you have the ability to do whatever you want.
    So getting rid of atleast 70% of hackers, would be an easy job.
    edited October 2018
    Football5 wrote: »

Let me tell you this, if they really want to, they can easily erase at least 70% of hackers.

When you're the owner of a game (any game) you realise that anything is possible and you have the ability to do whatever you want.

How? if it can be done easily 70% nonetheless, explain how? (asking for a friend)

You know they can't just code in; (delete 70% hackers) and presto hackers magically gone.

Don't propagate this nonsense because if OP believes you that 70% of hackers can be wiped if Nexon really wanted to, they'll be misinformed and misguided.

So, if you can't explain in technical terms, not just saying "they own the game, they can do whatever they want" how Nexon can "erase" 70% of hackers, you shouldnt push this idea.
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited October 2018

How? if it can be done easily 70% nonetheless, explain how? (asking for a friend)

You know they can't just code in; (delete 70% hackers) and presto hackers magically gone.

Don't propagate this nonsense because if OP believes you that 70% of hackers can be wiped if Nexon really wanted to, they'll be misinformed and misguided.

So, if you can't explain in technical terms, not just saying "they own the game, they can do whatever they want" how Nexon can "erase" 70% of hackers, you shouldnt push this idea.

I'm not going into details, especially with you.

But if if the koreans has done it, and still doing so (it's very very rare to see a hacker in KMS, koreans taking their game very seriously), then so the americans can do that as well.
    edited October 2018
    If you cant explain how easy it is, then you shouldn't be saying it's easy.
    edited October 2018

But if if the koreans has done it, and still doing so (it's very very rare to see a hacker in KMS, koreans taking their game very seriously), then so the americans can do that as well.

WAIT A MINUTE! Hold that thought! Football! How do you know that hackers are rare in KMS? I thought you had to have a Korean Social Security to get an account. I was never able to make an account on KMS years ago because of that. So, how did you make the account? I am curious. Not because of the argument, but I was always unable to get an account there.
    edited October 2018

WAIT A MINUTE! Hold that thought! Football! How do you know that hackers are rare in KMS? I thought you had to have a Korean Social Security to get an account. I was never able to make an account on KMS years ago because of that. So, how did you make the account? I am curious. Not because of the argument, but I was always unable to get an account there.

1. he's either korean born

2. he doesnt have one, but it's common knowledge that KMS doesnt have a hacker problem

3. there are legal ways to get a KMS account. but it requires a lot of work

edited October 2018

1. he's either korean born

2. he doesnt have one, but it's common knowledge that KMS doesnt have a hacker problem

3. there are legal ways to get a KMS account. but it requires a lot of work

I see. Too bad, I always wanted to play in Korean maplestory for once. Oh well. Maybe one day :) Overall, you're probably more right on the second option.

• tggt00tggt00
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2018
    They make me hate the class, seriously, just seeing a kanna makes me wanna throw up.
    Reactions: 735
    edited October 2018
    Well if you want the wanna be ''hackers'' to stop botting, work with your server and stop giving botters the demand for the stuff, that means don't buy mesos, and if your guild members or guild members friends are buying mesos they're part of the problem.

Drug dealers are already in a world of hurt because of the legalize of Marijuana thus, they're now having to resort to other drugs.

How does that have any thing to do with botters?
    Because if you don't buy their mesos they will end up having to do some thing else to make money.

As long as they're making ''chump'' change they will stay doing it

If you aint making money off some thing that is only wasting their time they will likely stop.

However this isn't gonna work because people are going to buy stuff from botters so the issue will never be fixed.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited October 2018
    If they actually banned all the botters the games population would probably decrease by 70% in one day if not more. KMS doesn't have a botter problem at all. This has been a long standing problem in GMS. I can report them and hours later, I can go back to the infected maps and the same botters are still there. They will fill up an entire maps channels, but I am told that if I legitimately hunt there with them on the screen to collect a familiar, a monster for my encyclopedia, or to fulfill a quest that I can be banned but yet the botters remain unpunished. Why do the consequences punish the player but the business of botting is as lucrative as it has ever been? You have to ask yourself why that is to understand what is really going on in this game.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited October 2018
    There's a lot of them on Scania as well, I found one at FTW (Part of Ludi, go figure). The only difference, is most of them as botters, will either stop the bot program because you're in the map with them, or 2 they immediately dissapear into the cash shop to prevent them from being reported. Do not fret as they come back after a few minutes so an ez report. But given the fact over the course of the last few years or more they've gotten worse, doesn't help. If Kannas have that map attack thing, should be removed of all things. Only thing I'm confused about is how are there still "hackers"? I remember there was a time that someone back in the day used a simple program (wont say it for security) just to do stuff like that, but they were easily banned, now it's just here and there from what I can see. Nothing against the game itself, rather the "Lets pull up 50 Maplestory's per server and power-bot accounts and sell them" aspect anymore.

That's just me though, but you learn to live with it, although saddening and annoying but, what can you do other than report the best you can right?
    edited October 2018
    It's really a crying shame. I was looking forward to making other classes, especially Kanna. I wonder how legit Kannas feel when people come at them calling them hackers and stuff. I mean we shouldn't really hate the class because hackers use it all the time. We should really like any class regardless of what other people do with it.
  • K_O_A_L_AK_O_A_L_A
    Reactions: 305
    edited October 2018
    Howdy. I have just returned to maplestory global after 10 years. I just leveled a Kanna up to 190 and I enjoyed it for a spell. I am completely legit and intend to stay so. What constitutes a another player as being a "hacker"? seriously what are the tells? Not simply playing a Kanna
    edited October 2018
    K_O_A_L_A wrote: »
    Howdy. I have just returned to maplestory global after 10 years. I just leveled a Kanna up to 190 and I enjoyed it for a spell. I am completely legit and intend to stay so. What constitutes a another player as being a "hacker"? seriously what are the tells? Not simply playing a Kanna

Your're right! A hacker could be any class, any skin, and any name. I just talked to someone a little while back about the person forced to have a number name. Numbered names linked to hackers, and I had to pause and think. Back in the past, I remember I got reported a lot because in the past because any warrior people saw was a hacker. Than it was mages and soon.... (It's a cycle!)! We get to a point that you do more wrongful reporting that right. And boy was that a crazy time.
This discussion has been closed.