[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher not working

NecromoniNecromoni
Reactions: 300
edited October 2018 in Tech Support
The launcher is once again not working in the same manner as last month.
Here is my thread from last month: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/21955/nexon-launcher-not-working#latest
The issue was resolved last time so just posting incase it was the forum thread that brought awareness to the issue.
Same exact issue: launcher reopening constantly (from crashing and reopening presumably)

send help

Comments

• AdamTheWhateverAdamTheWhatever
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2018
    I have this problem randomly as well. sometimes it eventually works if i try to open the laucher ten thousand times. not the ideal solution
  • TheCheetamanTheCheetaman
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2018
    Same here, It's been like that since the end of the last maintenance and I've also experienced it when it happened 1 month ago.

Could we get an update on this issue?
    Necromoni
  • KikuchiHaruKikuchiHaru
    Reactions: 800
    edited October 2018
    Same here....
  • MerlinUSAMerlinUSA
    Reactions: 200
    anyone have solution? yet. I reinstalled the Launcher and nothing
  • WyodeWyode
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2018
    I'm am currently facing the same issue. I also had the same issue last month after the update. Last month I was suggested to do a lot of troubleshooting which included refreshing my DNS and IP along with completely reinstalling the game even though I didn't change anything before and after the update. The solution came several hours later when a minor patch was issued.

PS. I hear some people are bypassing the issue by going through Steam. Didn't work for myself though.
  • MerlinUSAMerlinUSA
    edited October 2018
    I reinstalled the whole game again and don't work.

After that i changed my ip I disconnected from my Wi-Fi to my Host pot on mi phone and now is working (playing 30min and don't got any disconnect)
  • SkyrelSkyrel
    edited October 2018
    I've been having the same problem since maint. Happened to me last month as well. Can we please get this looked into and fixed? Seems like theres quite a number of people experiencing the same issue and its extremely frustrating as nothing is being done about it. Last time around it was fixed the next day, and there is still no fix.

P.s. the post by GM Mewlynne was no help.
  • ErnestaErnesta
    Reactions: 300
    This happened to me before i reinstalled it and it worked for about a day then it happened again :/ my launcher doesnt even show up it just makes my mouse have the ring next to it forever, i even restarted my computer and it was still there I actually had to completely delete nexon and maplestory
  • coolflamoscoolflamos
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited October 2018
    I'd ask for file dumps but i think I've seen the exact same problem before on friends comp, we fixed it by going to the nexon launcher folder and deleting everything in the patch folder, if that doesn't work, paste all the debug text documents from the nexon launcher folder and somebody will probably help you from there
  • SkyrelSkyrel
    edited October 2018
    Has anyone had any luck getting it to work yet? It's been over a week now and a 19hr patch... you'd think that it would've been fixed during that time. There's a post up with some possible solutions but none worked for me
  • KossoriKossori
    I am just here to up vote on the situation here. I had the game working fine after redownloading the nexon launcher. Closed down my computer for the night and now it is on the endless cycle. Hopefully I can play ms :/ Please look into this.
  • KushKush
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited October 2018
    still no fix for this been out for a week
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited October 2018
    Invulgo wrote: »

not me resolved my problem .. follow all the instructions and nothing ... whit the old launcher not have none problem , i submit a ticket and too not me resolved this problem, the crass appear in log of wizet or in the game . i need insist many times for log normal , minime have 7 crashs all days when enter to the game , i was reinstall all and repair the game and nexon launcher inifinite of times and tickets but to many people this problem persist not only the crash , anyones maps in ms are delay , the game need a check and fix in general to steps of the event of black mage
  • KossoriKossori
    edited October 2018
    I am just here to up vote on the situation here. I had the game working fine after redownloading the nexon launcher. Closed down my computer for the night and now it is on the end
  • KossoriKossori
    edited October 2018
    Update: Luckily I tried testing it on another computer. Laptop was used for maplestory prior to the update. It had the same problem. The only thing new was that nexon launcher did an "update app core". Possibly there is a way that nexon can give us a manual patch? This then resolved my laptop, not my pc.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    ruth02 wrote: »
    not me resolved my problem .. follow all the instructions and nothing ... whit the old launcher not have none problem , i submit a ticket and too not me resolved this problem, the crass appear in log of wizet or in the game . i need insist many times for log normal , minime have 7 crashs all days when enter to the game , i was reinstall all and repair the game and nexon launcher inifinite of times and tickets but to many people this problem persist not only the crash , anyones maps in ms are delay , the game need a check and fix in general to steps of the event of black mage

The fix mentioned in this article is designed to fix the issue where the launcher gets stuck in an infinite updating loop, not issues where the game crashes after launching.
    Your issue sounds like an issue with the game itself, possibly with the firewall or game files, I'm not entirely certain which it might be.
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited October 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    ruth02 wrote: »

The fix mentioned in this article is designed to fix the issue where the launcher gets stuck in an infinite updating loop, not issues where the game crashes after launching.
    Your issue sounds like an issue with the game itself, possibly with the firewall or game files, I'm not entirely certain which it might be.

intent this dear moderator of forum and nothing so many times , and nothing inclusde have friends in cafe internet and have the same problem anyones times , i log finally later of 2 a 4 intent to the game and perfect but other times and many people too have this probles is to cause of the crash in the game, durant the game appear the crash and close the game and me appear messages of visual errors- of memory - of menssage of hacking or problems of interner o what the world o game is in mantenance. i have a internet of 160mbs why a latency of 5ms a 14ms , my firewalls turn off do years whit windows uptade, antivirus .. i not have i no use this, i use malwarebytes w is the better program and this too when play turn off , when i log to ms2 i not have none problem of in fortnite 0 problems inly this ocurred in ms and none tip in my part my help in the forum in support, i log whit luck to the game and others persons think w too have the same problem , i love play ms and wait a solution whit this , see w ms have others problems respects to hackers by example , but this problem o hackers thinks w is simple and easy of fix , the problem in the game to today is the lag-delay in maps and crash whit bugs , i only wait w staff tecnic fix this finally for many people w love this game
  • mapleTastesGewdmapleTastesGewd
    have done every trick in the book to get maplestory to run on my windows 7 64 bit...

thinking it is to do with graphics or the internet connection where I am using the internet.

here is the message I get when the launcher crashes trying to load MS

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MapleStory.exe
    Application Version: 8.204.1.1
    Application Timestamp: 5cb81905
    Fault Module Name: MapleStory.exe
    Fault Module Version: 8.204.1.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5cb81905
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 02744468
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1