[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Practically a Nooblet! XD

Comments

• ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited October 2018
    THANK YOU!

As an added bonus, I'll teach you how to get around Maple World fairly quickly without the use of Hyper Teleport Rocks. Click on the light bulb to the left of your screen and look for a quest with the word Alishan in it. Start that up and you will be sent to a place called Alishan. Once you're there, climb to the top of the map and go through the portal. Once you've done that, you will have been sent to Henesys. Now, right under the mini-map, there will be a Quick-Move option. Click it and then click on the boat icon. It will send you to the shipping area. Instead of taking the boats to places, just climb down that rope ladder. Having done that, you should now be in the Six Paths map. Now climb to the top of the map and click to enter Pantheon. Once you've entered, click again on the portal and it will give you a list of places you can go to without having sat on a boat or a train or even a stork. Once you've picked your location, you will be immediately sent there. The Quick-Move option is only available in towns. So, now that you've gone to the place you wanted and want to go somewhere else, just use the Quick-Move option and then press on the Dimensional Portal. Inside the portal, there will be numerous party quests and such, but also the Alishan area. Voila! Enjoy!
    LoyalHeartTiger
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited October 2018
    THANK YOU!

I was too late to comment this but I have a hyper rock, but if you hit "U" in game, and find an El nath spot, you can teleport there or one of the areas closest to it. The "Trials III" map just before the door is where I tp to when I fight Zakum. People kinda just do queues for Chaos I think.
    LoyalHeartTiger
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2018
    Thank you guys for your help! I didn't know that there were better ways than using the planes. This method will save me a lot of mesos. I was curious though, it this method is a temporary thing or is it permanent in the game? Sounds a bit too good to be true as a permanent method.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2018
    you know the daily gift event gave a character coupon on day 6
  • SpuddySpuddy
    edited October 2018
    Thank you guys for your help! I didn't know that there were better ways than using the planes. This method will save me a lot of mesos. I was curious though, it this method is a temporary thing or is it permanent in the game? Sounds a bit too good to be true as a permanent method.

I wanna say temporary for the sake of MS but if you "stamp" an El Nath (Trials 1-3 or somewhere near Zakum) from the Maple Guide, you can teleport there any time you wish from what I've seen. Would make it a permanent solution otherwise. ;)
    edited October 2018

My method is legit, as long as Alishan sticks around. Another place you can use instead of Alishan is Friendstory. It becomes available at level 100. Just like with Alishan, you can find the quest in the light bulb to the left of your screen. Just a heads up, you will have to sit through a long opening of cutscenes the first time you go there. You won't have to sit through it again after having gone through it once. After having sat through all of those cutscenes, this time you're transported to the inside of a house that is in Henesys, so all you gotta do is step through the portal to your left and now you're in Henesys. You can then find Friendstory inside the Dimensional Mirror.
    edited October 2018
    What I do is make mules for the Archetype I mostly play, get the tots teleport rock, delete and remake. doesn't take much investment.

Also, I heard Tots refreshes after a while.
    SpuddyLoyalHeartTiger
    edited October 2018
    What I do is make mules for the Archetype I mostly play, get the tots teleport rock, delete and remake. doesn't take much investment.

Also, I heard Tots refreshes after a while.

Really? How? I am asking now because I am done with him already!
    edited October 2018
    Like after 30 days though. give or take

Edit: I can confirm though that it does reset, just got the rock from my shadower again.
    edited October 2018
    Like after 30 days though. give or take

Edit: I can confirm though that it does reset, just got the rock from my shadower again.

I see! Sorry to say this, but I can't trust what everyone says ;). However, I will keep this in mind for if my 30 days up, but at this point I am not holding my breath either.
    edited October 2018

Here's my corsair with the refreshed tot teleport rock quest

https://imgur.com/a/ejOjeoe
    edited October 2018

Here's my corsair with the refreshed tot teleport rock quest

https://imgur.com/a/ejOjeoe

Sorry! To be honest, I don't trust outside links. from sites I do not use. You don't have to prove yourself. I mean Eventually, if you are right, I would see it in the near future right? My concern now at the moment is the crusader codex.... I don't know why, but some enemies look like they don't exist anymore. I also see a lot of repeated cards. So finding which one you need to collect next is a bit confusing.
    edited October 2018
    alright, well hope you figure things out

For the codex, go to lith harbor and collect the red blue and green snail cards, then your codex will be able to tell you which card youre missing from the set.
    edited October 2018

My concern now at the moment is the crusader codex.... I don't know why, but some enemies look like they don't exist anymore. I also see a lot of repeated cards. So finding which one you need to collect next is a bit confusing.

Your observations are on point. There are quite a few enemies that were removed like Retz and Faust. Will they return? I wouldn't be able to help you there. Just know that you won't be completing the Ellinia, Ludibrium, Sakura Castle, or the Silent Crusade sets any time soon. The Codex has shown double of the same entry for quite some time now, so don't worry if it says you have 2 of the same entry.
    edited October 2018
    AWESOME! LEVEL UP! I learned how to quote different people on the same thread! Ahem! *Play FF9 Fanfare anthem"
    alright, well hope you figure things out

For the codex, go to lith harbor and collect the red blue and green snail cards, then your codex will be able to tell you which card youre missing from the set.

I am sorry Dark, but that's not the answer I seek. According to my last message (I emphasized the important parts),
    My concern now at the moment is the crusader codex.... I don't know why, but some enemies look like they don't exist anymore. I also see a lot of repeated cards. So finding which one you need to collect next is a bit confusing.

According to the message, I am actually wonder why there is an issue with the crusader codex. You can already assume I know how to open it. ;)

Your observations are on point. There are quite a few enemies that were removed like Retz and Faust. Will they return? I wouldn't be able to help you there. Just know that you won't be completing the Ellinia, Ludibrium, Sakura Castle, or the Silent Crusade sets any time soon. The Codex has shown double of the same entry for quite some time now, so don't worry if it says you have 2 of the same entry.

Alright! Thanks for giving me the heads up! I was wondering why I can't find Malady witch anywhere (I believe that's what she's called). However, I believe I searched every spot in ellina (I think). I also noticed monsters moved. The cursed eyes(yellow one eyed slug like with legs) and zombie mushrooms were originally sleepy wood monsters. However, I noticed that's not the case anymore. I wonder if they would fix it. It's still useful since sites like basil market are not updated anymore, so I am not so sure if the drops are accurate anymore.

edited October 2018
    You can search for the monsters in the world map, but as Chronius said, some were removed from the game
    edited October 2018
    You can search for the monsters in the world map, but as Chronius said, some were removed from the game

I see. Thank you! So, it is indeed verified that it is almost impossible to complete the Crusaders Codex at the moment. That is indeed good to know. For now I am doing a new theme dungeon I've never tried before. I shall return if I have further need of help. Thank you everyone :)
  • SpuddySpuddy
    edited October 2018
    Just reached level 180 *phew* but not over yet.. unfortunately. About 300x that much work to go to maxing this character, but been looking around for items and stuff to enchant for the extra range, especially when 5th job comes around. Papulatus is an ease now.. easy mode.. sure enough not normal yet solo but I'll try around 190. Believe it or not I've been getting hyper rocks left and right from events. I ran out before 2 weeks ago ish.. got another from an event like "Oh, well that's convenient." Now ran out today and just got another from one of the other events xD, so been stacking up good on those lately, but it's spoiling me because the moment I run out it's gonna kill me :( lol
    edited October 2018
    If you register for the upcoming event on main site, youll get 4 coupons for 7 day teleport rocks. So go sign up
    Spuddy
  • SpuddySpuddy
    edited October 2018
    If you register for the upcoming event on main site, youll get 4 coupons for 7 day teleport rocks. So go sign up

Oi mate, appreciate the reminder ;) Always lovin' me some Hyper rocks