[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Mission #9 possible?

UksuUksu
Reactions: 1,540
edited October 2018 in General Chat
Hello!

Is Maple Mission #9 even possible!?

[Hasty Hunting] Obtain 7 Superior Hasty Hunting Boxes
Join the event and complete daily missions to receive 7 Superior Hasty Hunting Boxes! Boxes must be earned on the same character to get credit for this mission.

Boxes resert everyday?
Once you do all hasty missions you get big box mission but will you get 9 smaller box missions again next day?

Waiting for an answer.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Yes, the missions reset every day.
  • UksuUksu
    Reactions: 1,540
    edited October 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Yes, the missions reset every day.

Thanks for an answer.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited November 2018
    Its probably not probable for a lot of people. Not because its not possible, but because surprise missions are not consistent or predictable, they are entirely RNG, meaning that you could spend four hours playing and only get one surprise mission, or play two hours and get several. I played about six hours total throughout the day, on my day off, and only got two missions, and couldn't stay on hoping to get the third one because I had to take a shower and go to bed because I had to work in the morning. On a typical work day I can only play for a couple hours tops to do dailies and event stuff, and that's rarely enough time to get three missions unless I'm really lucky.

So yes, it's possible, but it's not going to be easy if you have a limited amount of time to play per day, as you only have 14 days to get all 9 missions done 7 times.

Odd that they would have a maple mission that is so RNG dependent that it might prevent some players from completing it.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Its probably not probable for a lot of people. Not because its not possible, but because surprise missions are not consistent or predictable, they are entirely RNG, meaning that you could spend four hours playing and only get one surprise mission, or play two hours and get several. I played about six hours total throughout the day, on my day off, and only got two missions, and couldn't stay on hoping to get the third one because I had to take a shower and go to bed because I had to work in the morning. On a typical work day I can only play for a couple hours tops to do dailies and event stuff, and that's rarely enough time to get three missions unless I'm really lucky.

So yes, it's possible, but it's not going to be easy if you have a limited amount of time to play per day, as you only have 14 days to get all 9 missions done 7 times.

Odd that they would have a maple mission that is so RNG dependent that it might prevent some players from completing it.

A good way to fix this would have been to throw in some Pollo/Frito Coupons. Surprise missions are a bit too random for something like this.
    I've personally played for 8 hours before and only got 3 surprise missions (During an event that increases daily max)
    If Nexon were able to lower the coin cost of the stuff in the ghoul coin shop and maybe add some actual gameplay rewards (Cubes, Tickets, The Usual) that would be nice.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Hey guys! Mission #9 has been reduced to 4 Superior Boxes!
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/game/mission
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited November 2018
    It may have been reduced to 4, but I still have not cleared it...glitchy?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »

I've been able to clear all missions now. And I know I haven't done more than 4. Are you sure they were all on the same character?
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018

I cleared it and have the mount, I can't remember if it the reward didn't show up until reset or it was when I logged off and logged back on though. Regardless it only showed up the next time that I loaded up Ms.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited November 2018
    I got it now.
    Fuhreak
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I got it now.

Third+fourth line at the very top. *insert "Read ***** read" meme* [semi-apologies if referring to profanity/vulgarity is against forum rules]
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited November 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    I got it now.

Third+fourth line at the very top. *insert "Read ***** read" meme* [semi-apologies if referring to profanity/vulgarity is against forum rules]

I'm sorry I don't understand your comment. Are you trying to be helpful or rude?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I'm sorry I don't understand your comment. Are you trying to be helpful or rude?

Both, helpful by showing you that reading the event details can answer most questions and rude by using a meme for it.
    https://me.me/i/read-****-read-yelling-no-none-19110319
    Here's the meme I'm referring to. (Didn't want to bother going through process of uploading to picture website and getting link.)
    *censored word is slang for Africans with "a" at end instead of "er"