[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thank you Nexon

GodxyGodxy
Reactions: 420
edited November 2018 in General Chat
Thank you Nexon,
Thank you for sharing issues with the game to the community.
Thank you for listening to the community.
If you keep this, with memos actually having information (transparency) i think you will have dedicated players for a future to come.

Hope you keep this up, listen to the community & respect your playerbase <3

(Regarding the new kishin/kanna memo)

:POGGERS:
FuhreakElaie

Comments

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited November 2018
    I'm a bit less impressed.
    People are just relieved because over the past few weeks they gave us the impression that we're gonna get some terrible news (Kishing being nerfed/removed).
    This memo is just a vague promise for the unforeseen future. I doubt we'll actually get a revamped Kanna this year, or the next one, or the next one. And even if so, Kanna isn't the problem, it's that one specific skill. So now we're stuck in this horrendous two-PC meta until they one day decide to revamp Kanna? Disappointing.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I'm interested in seeing what the Kanna rework will play like.
    I really wasn't fond of Kanna in its current state, hopefully they won't ruin the class for people who like it as is.
    One change that would be easy for Kishin would be to make enemies hit by it give extra EXP/Drop Rate for party members.
    Maybe a range increase to compensate for the nerf.
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited November 2018
    what memo ? and where can i find this???
  • GodxyGodxy
    edited November 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    I'm a bit less impressed.
    People are just relieved because over the past few weeks they gave us the impression that we're gonna get some terrible news (Kishing being nerfed/removed).
    This memo is just a vague promise for the unforeseen future. I doubt we'll actually get a revamped Kanna this year, or the next one, or the next one. And even if so, Kanna isn't the problem, it's that one specific skill. So now we're stuck in this horrendous two-PC meta until they one day decide to revamp Kanna? Disappointing.

I mean, yeah sure. But at the same time, they have listened to what we have said about two-PC meta and what we think about it and they have aknowledge that.
  • GodxyGodxy
    edited November 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I'm interested in seeing what the Kanna rework will play like.
    I really wasn't fond of Kanna in its current state, hopefully they won't ruin the class for people who like it as is.
    One change that would be easy for Kishin would be to make enemies hit by it give extra EXP/Drop Rate for party members.
    Maybe a range increase to compensate for the nerf.

I see what you mean. The only thing i cant stand with kanna right now is the teleport (Cuz im more of a explorer mage tp/lumi tp-guy).
    Yeah, but i dont know if that would solve the problem they have right now because of the server lags they apparently have, i would love to see some party play grinding/farming tho. That would be sick for maps in like Esfera etc.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
  • GodxyGodxy
    edited November 2018
    what memo ? and where can i find this???

You can find it at : http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/37972/maple-memo-regarding-kanna-and-kishin
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited November 2018
    TBH, that they have a class that makes grinding more efficient is a major issue.
    As they have said, it has majorly skewed the class choices of a lot of players, and caused a terrible meta situation.
    They should remove the effect asap and look at whether there is something wrong with the rest of the game that made it so popular.
    Trystarr
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    HousePet wrote: »
    TBH, that they have a class that makes grinding more efficient is a major issue.
    As they have said, it has majorly skewed the class choices of a lot of players, and caused a terrible meta situation.
    They should remove the effect asap and look at whether there is something wrong with the rest of the game that made it so popular.

It most certainly should be removed before the 275 increase I'd say. "Grinding more efficient" classes have existed for awhile now, Bishop being the oldest.
    However Bishop was never as abusable as Kanna is. I think a lot of it has to do with the whole shift gamers have had as a whole towards MMOs in the past decade or two.
    In the west they just aren't what they used to be, I think Maplestory tried to cope with less MMO interest by making the game easier to get into.
    While that isn't too bad of an idea, it does cause problems of its own, which Nexon seems to now be trying to face.
    Godxy
  • ArtemisaArtemisa
    Reactions: 835
    edited November 2018
    the kanna should only use the Kishin ability after 5job Lv 220+.
  • ZolatoZolato
    Reactions: 760
    edited November 2018
    If the trade off to spawn increase is meso+drop rate and exp increase, then there shouldn't be an issue. I think instead of focusing on the Kanna revamp, Nexon should focus on high exp and meso yield party play zones. Some of the best time I've had leveling was when Lionheart Castle was still a party play zone. Hanging out with a bunch of people during 2x is MUCH more fun than soloing a map for 4 hours.
    Fuhreakcrimson24GodxySlicedTimeShadEight
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited November 2018
    Zolato wrote: »
    If the trade off to spawn increase is meso+drop rate and exp increase, then there shouldn't be an issue. I think instead of focusing on the Kanna revamp, Nexon should focus on high exp and meso yield party play zones. Some of the best time I've had leveling was when Lionheart Castle was still a party play zone. Hanging out with a bunch of people during 2x is MUCH more fun than soloing a map for 4 hours.

please make new high hp mob party play zones nexon.
    FuhreakShadEight
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited November 2018
    Just saying, you guys can't modify Kishin without modifying your holy grail of $$ as well *uhm*FrenzyTotem*uhm*
  • GodxyGodxy
    edited November 2018
    HousePet wrote: »

The problem with just taking something as good as kanna away would make alof of people pissed. Especially in Reboot world, since no good/efficient way of farming mesos etc. I think nexon is in a wierd spot right now with Kanna/kish but if they touch it they will probably compensate with EXP/Meso rates.
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited November 2018
    The sad news for that memo is that with a heavier emphasis on drop rate increases with the kanna character, reboot players will almost have to make a kanna mule in order for farm mesos viably (even though most do already). This barrier to reboot play has prevented me and others from playing reboot. Not too big of a deal for me though.

Definitely glad the spawn rate is being decreased, however. Truly it is mainly utilized by bots in reboot to sell hacked accs w/ lots of meso farmed, and the whole concept of one class increasing spawn rate seems unnecessary and broken, especially if its slowing the entire game down. An overall increase in exp and drop rates would be nice, as a means of transferring the advantage hackers *sorry I mean Kannas* have over the rest of the classes.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Trystarr wrote: »
    The sad news for that memo is that with a heavier emphasis on drop rate increases with the kanna character, reboot players will almost have to make a kanna mule in order for farm mesos viably (even though most do already). This barrier to reboot play has prevented me and others from playing reboot. Not too big of a deal for me though.

Definitely glad the spawn rate is being decreased, however. Truly it is mainly utilized by bots in reboot to sell hacked accs w/ lots of meso farmed, and the whole concept of one class increasing spawn rate seems unnecessary and broken, especially if its slowing the entire game down. An overall increase in exp and drop rates would be nice, as a means of transferring the advantage hackers *sorry I mean Kannas* have over the rest of the classes.

You misread the memo.
    That was the plan, but they decided not to go ahead with it.
    Kishin is not getting changed (in the near future).