[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

excuse me nexon, but wat?

DavOpsDavOps
Reactions: 560
edited November 2018 in General Chat
Kishin causing lag? Then totems frenzy is killing the game, if your plan to improve the stability of the game is nerf / remove kishin, do not you think you should also do something with frenzy totems?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I'd say both is required. However removing something that people pay extreme amounts of money for is going to be a lot harder to "sell" to players than removing the free thing.
    They probably are avoiding talking about frenzy for now because they weren't sure how players would react to so many changes in such a short period of time.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2018
    Why do we want Kishin? To get more mobs and have them replenish faster. Why do we want more mobs? To get more EXP and drops. Since loot lag has been alleviated somewhat, Kishin shouldn't be spawn effect booster, but be an additional EXP and drop booster that applies to mobs in the map.

Kanna's main selling point is to boost spawn so we can rake in rewards from mobs faster. But if having mobs overtake the screen puts more stress on the server but having a blanket of items covering the floor isn't heavy on the server, changing the mob's exp and items should be an alternative to flooding a map with mobs. This in theory should be as good as having more mobs unless your third intention you are using it for is to breeze your quests requiring a certain number of mobs kills (dailies, attendance and quests in general.)

I am using the logic that converting 100 singles into a 100 dollar bill as a great example since you still have $100, but it takes up less room in your wallet. As for effect of Frenzy, it could be similar to modifying the drop/exp multipliers like the Kishin proposal, but have a stronger boost. Kanna's damage dealt from Kishin could be boosted and at the end be a strong turret that boosts EXP and drop from mobs. Frenzy will just be a stronger EXP/Drop with no offensive capabilities.
  • JessizleJessizle
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2018
    How is frenzy ruining it? Theres like barely any frenzies compared to kishin lol. Anyone can create a kanna and get level 70 for kishin. Therefore everyone using kishin is what is the problem. Maybe if kishin was moved to a 5th job skill on kanna, then there will probabaly be less hackers using kanna. And not an excess amount of kannas.
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited November 2018
    Lol frenzy ruining the game.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited November 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Why do we want Kishin? To get more mobs and have them replenish faster. Why do we want more mobs? To get more EXP and drops. Since loot lag has been alleviated somewhat, Kishin shouldn't be spawn effect booster, but be an additional EXP and drop booster that applies to mobs in the map.

Kanna's main selling point is to boost spawn so we can rake in rewards from mobs faster. But if having mobs overtake the screen puts more stress on the server but having a blanket of items covering the floor isn't heavy on the server, changing the mob's exp and items should be an alternative to flooding a map with mobs. This in theory should be as good as having more mobs unless your third intention you are using it for is to breeze your quests requiring a certain number of mobs kills (dailies, attendance and quests in general.)

I am using the logic that converting 100 singles into a 100 dollar bill as a great example since you still have $100, but it takes up less room in your wallet. As for effect of Frenzy, it could be similar to modifying the drop/exp multipliers like the Kishin proposal, but have a stronger boost. Kanna's damage dealt from Kishin could be boosted and at the end be a strong turret that boosts EXP and drop from mobs. Frenzy will just be a stronger EXP/Drop with no offensive capabilities.

Except that's not entirely factual. I've never met anyone that has bought kishin service off me to make more money off drops...especially considering they have the money to spend in the first place. People buy kishin because there are many areas with slow and small spawn rates that make grinding inefficient and make it take ages to complete quests where you're required to kill hundreds of mobs. If people have 150m+ to pay an hour for kishin, they aren't buying kishin to make money, they already have it.

Making kishin boost exp is rather silly anyway, because Mercedes has a bonus exp link skill anyway and you don't have to rely on a kanna for such a thing or pay someone to kishin you. I have high doubts anyone would buy kishin for bonus exp. Not with the existence of Mercedes and people dropping free mvp buffs regularly.

You also don't need kishin as a drop booster. There are familiar cards that do just that.

Making kishin a +exp and +drop booster is just death to kishin without deleting it entirely.