[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Commerci Gear Suggested Changes

xMrMeowxMrMeow
Reactions: 1,625
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
All KMS bosses that drop good gear have been changed to drop tokens instead of specific items for a good reason. Nobody likes having to run a boss every day or every week, over and over until they get the specific piece of gear they're looking for. It is for these reasons, gear like CRA, Absolab, and (more so in the past) Cygnus are used much more often than sets like Sweetwater.

Commerci already has a form of tokens, aka Denaros, so I suggest just making a shop that sells armor for around 50-100 Denaros a pop, and 100-200 for a weapon.

And as for making 160 gear easier to get than Absolab, let me just say this.
While sweetwater is lv 160, it's still obsolete to Absolab in a number of ways. The weapon is worse, the gear has considerably lower all-stats bonuses, the hat is lacking the +10% IED the Abso hat has, there is no shoulder, etc. Without transposing from Tyrants, which most people won't have high enough starred tyrants on Reboot, they're clearly worse in every way than Abso.

For this reason I think their stats should exist more as an inbetween level of CRA and Abso (something that takes quite a bit of time to get, but will not require a carry to obtain).

What I would do to attain this:
- Keep their base stats either the same or give just a slight increase to their all-stat bonuses.
- Remove "+100 defense" 5 set effect, and split the 6th set effect among 5 and 6, with 5 having +30% boss, and 6 having 20% hp/mp.
- Split the Overall into Top and Bottom with around the same stats as CRA top and bottom (maybe without the IED). Anyone who already has Overall can convert it to a Top or Bottom with the exact same stats at an NPC (they can choose which, unless it has a potential line that is specific to one or the either, such as Decent Hyper Body that can only be on Bottoms, or Invincbility time, which can only be on Tops).

1. Should Commerci Armor be Buffed and/or made more Consistent to obtain?4 votes
    1. Both, and I like your Suggested Approach
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Both, but I don't like your Approach
       0% (0 votes)
    3. More Consistent to obtain, but the stats should remain as is
       50% (2 votes)
    4. Buff the stats, but keep it completely random to obtain
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Neither. Keep Everything things as is
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited November 2018
    Well the reason is that AbsoLab and CRA are now superior to transposed SW in terms of money to reward ratio. However, I do believe that it should be easier to obtain as sort of a gateway to AbsoLab, but I sure as hell don't want the Tyrant SW meta to come back.
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Tyrant SW I always thought was weird and would be fine with them removing...

However I do think it'd fit much better as an inbetween level of CRA and Abso, as right now, without transposing, they are worse than both imo, despite being lv160 due to tyrants being better and easier to obtain with a few weeks of guild runs (take out the boots and cape and SW starts lookin much worse, and everyone uses CRA top and bottom because it's 2 separate pieces of gear therefore double the potential). For these reasons I think the stats could use a rework so they're an alternative to Tyrants + CRA as opposed to being worse.
    Fuhreak
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited November 2018
    I'd say even more, that SW accessories needs to be included in the regular SW set, or at least have their own set effect, but as we see Nexon's future plans (forcefully pushing the super rare but super OP Pitched Boss Set) that's not gonna happen ever.