[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The size of the update (in GB)

HikaruFerHikaruFer
Reactions: 300
edited November 2018 in General Chat
It shows 2.14GB... is that correct for everyone?

I'm asking for two reasons:
1.- Where it says "Installed" it show right now "37.3 MB / 13.9 GB". Shouldnt it be more? It looks like it says i dont have anything installed (and believe me, the files are there)
2.- My launcher sometimes get crazy (specially after a blackout, which are pretty common in my country) and it tells me to download the whole game again even when its in the folder; i usually just move the files to the place the launcher its looking and it runs the game normally. As i said, it get crazy so even when i go to settings to tell it the correct place the files are it just ignore me and look in the root/default

I want to know if the launcher show that information to everyone (2.14GB in Downloaded and 13.9GB in Installed) so i can be sure the launcher is not going to download the whole game again... my internet is REALLY slow so i cannot afford let it download 13.9GB when i just need the update... Thx in advance~

Comments

• DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    My numbers appeared backwards as well.
  • HikaruFerHikaruFer
    edited November 2018
    Deadling wrote: »
    My numbers appeared backwards as well.

What exactly do u mean with backwards?
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    As in it showed a much larger download, but didn't take as long as downloading the game.
    HikaruFer
  • MisterMeowZHMisterMeowZH
    Reactions: 410
    I believe mine said the update was somewhere around 8.5 GB or somewhere around there.
    This is my first time back in a long time so i'm
  • MisterMeowZHMisterMeowZH
    Reactions: 410
    I believe mine said the update was somewhere around 8.5 GB or somewhere around there.
    This is my first time back in a long time so i'm not sure if they had to download additional re-used assets from past events that I missed or something.
    HikaruFer
  • HikaruFerHikaruFer
    edited November 2018
    Ohh thx both of u :) i think i will start the download, it will probably be just the patch then. I will tell u how it ends~ Thx again!
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    The patch size is about 2GB. The game is reinstalling itself to accommodate the patched files.

Please see here:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/21681/faq-why-is-launcher-reinstalling-the-whole-12gb#latest