[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher system error 21003

pommepouffepommepouffe
Reactions: 1,660
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Nexon Launcher

Brief bug summary:
After the Unscheduled Maintenance on 14 November 2018 I cannot log in via Nexon Launcher. After inputting my login details and clicking on log in I get a message that a system error has occurred (21003).

In case it is relevant, I did not download the v.200 patch earlier today; this log in after the USC was my first time logging in after the game went down for the v.200 patch.

More details:
QSO2SCF.png

Steps to reproduce:
- Open Nexon Launcher
- Input email address/password, click 'Log In'
- Receive error

Date and time of the incident:
Wednesday 14 November 2018
11:30PM (Pacific)

Comments

• pommepouffepommepouffe
    edited November 2018
    Here are additional threads I have gathered from the last few hours on the 21003 error. It seems to be a regularly occurring error relating to the Nexon Launcher, but nobody in these threads seem to have a resolution for this error specifically. In many cases, it appears to become resolved hours later, and I am under the impression this happens after Nexon becomes aware of the issue and implements a fix. One thread mentions it may be due to region - if that is relevant, I am in Australia. This issue is occurring on both my computers which use Nexon Launcher, and trying to log in with different accounts doesn't fix the problem.

Reddit (MapleStory)
    22 August 2018
    22 August 2018 (2)
    19 October 2018

Reddit (MapleStory2)
    11 May 2018
    22 August 2018
    14 October 2018

Nexon Forums
    21 May 2018
    20 September 2018

I've also been having a back and forth with Customer Support, who don't seem to have an answer either. So far, they have given the generic copypaste responses directing me to Nexon resources which aren't relevant to this issue, such as a link to how to provide them details about Maplestory2's Black Cipher report.

As a workaround, I've downloaded Steam and downloaded the game on Steam, and am able to log on through there. However, I hope Nexon can resolve this issue on the Launcher soon, as I do not want to have two copies of the game to keep up with, and would prefer not to have the Steam one if possible (though I understand that one tends to have less issues than Launcher).
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    edited November 2018
    I just received a reply from an actual Maple GM who says they've found the cause of the issue and have fixed it! It appears they actually have resolved this error for now and I can log into Nexon Launcher on both computers.

I leave this reply here because it was disheartening when searching threads to see no real resolution. So, for future people who might google this thread when they get an error, it seems the best bet is to contact Support directly to alert Nexon of the issue happening with Launcher. You may get some (possibly outsourced) GMs who don't really have much ability to fix the issue at first if you're contacting outside of NA hours, but hopefully when the new day rolls around you'll get a proper reply from NA people.