[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please make the lab sever a yearly event

csmpcsmp
Reactions: 850
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I would love for the lab sever to return next year like the pink bean class, I think if there wasn't much people playing towards the end then its most likely the timing since you did it in august when people where going back to school, so I think that if you did do it again, it would be a bigger hit if you did it towards the end of may through some time in June, so that way you could build a lot of hype that you would be already doing with the summer update and getting a lot of people who just got out of school for the summer playing on the sever
crimson24DevolGaz
  1. would you like the return of the lab sever next year10 votes
    1. yes
       100% (10 votes)
    2. no
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I'd honestly like to see the server return as a permanent one, though with more long term viability.
    Remove the crazy stupid drop rate on equips, de-level the player on death instead of reset to 10, a few others.
    Make it an extremely hard server to play, but not as brutal death conditions so that longer play is viable.

Of course, we need the player base for this, which I don't think we have. So I'd like to at least see it return.
    Even without the legion blocks.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I think the reason LAB was empty near the end is because most people had finished what they needed to do there. And I think most people still have school in June.
    Perhaps it would be best to bring this event back at a different time of year each time, so different people would have a chance at it.

But anyway, I support it being a recurring event. I don't think it's fair to deny new players those legion blocks.
    uywepLyedencrimson24Ivangold
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited November 2018
    the lab server event gave legion pieces that give a combined 60+ attack. this event needs to come back, it wouldn't be fair for the players that missed it if it doesn't.
    FuhreakDevolGaz
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    I think the reason LAB was empty near the end is because most people had finished what they needed to do there. And I think most people still have school in June.
    Perhaps it would be best to bring this event back at a different time of year each time, so different people would have a chance at it.

But anyway, I support it being a recurring event. I don't think it's fair to deny new players those legion blocks.

How would you go about making sure previous participants don't walk away with two more legion blocks from a second lab server?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »

How would you go about making sure previous participants don't walk away with two more legion blocks from a second lab server?

It's not hard to make the script, that awards these blocks when LAB ends, not give one if the account already has it.
    But even if they don't do that, Legion does not let you get the stats from two of the same block. You can't, for example, fill your Legion with Mechanics and get a ton of extra buff duration. (But you do get the grid coverage from duplicate blocks, which is why the solution in my first sentence is best)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »

It's not hard to make the script, that awards these blocks when LAB ends, not give one if the account already has it.
    But even if they don't do that, Legion does not let you get the stats from two of the same block. You can't, for example, fill your Legion with Mechanics and get a ton of extra buff duration. (But you do get the grid coverage from duplicate blocks, which is why the solution in my first sentence is best)

That's true, I hadn't thought of the same-block issue last night when I posted that.