[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My reaction with Friendstory!

LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
Reactions: 1,285
edited November 2018 in General Chat
Now, to be honest, I never heard of this place til a friend on maple story was talking about not being able to play "friendstory" til a certain level. And, I was puzzled as to what on earth Friendstory is or even how to get there. However, today was my official day I ventured into that place, and feel free to read my reaction responses. I wish I did a video.

Walking into Henesys and seeing the strange glowing sign on the maple house.
Level 30: Hmmm.... nope! (Returned at level:40) Still Nope... (Returned level: 135) Alright! What is this place?

After the whole movie, two portals between world through a wardrobe.
Cough! reallymaplestorylionthewitchandthewardrobe Cough! Oooo Original!

Going into a new map?
OMG! This feels OLD SCHOOL RPG!

Talking to the bully for the first time and giving 3 options?
No! Bad maplestory! You can't give me three options like that. Just like persona, I know the right answer, but the answer I really want to choose is not the right answer. You can't do that!

My character saying, "I am not a violent guy!"
PWAAAAAAA HAHAHAHA!!! HAAAHHH HA HA HA HA! Oh wait... you seriously think that.

Students cleaning up for my character after the rumor!
Oh great.... It's the persona 5 route. Everyone is now afraid of me..... so.... who's heart do I have to steal to get their minds off me?

First time seeing the Motes and trouble maker!
Wow! All we're missing now is a strength and weakness chart. Heck! They even faint when the monster shows up. P4 anyone?

Neinheart is the class president!
Oh Snap! Crackle! and Pops! He's going to be on me like a hawk just like the girl in persona 5.

Now, I only got 3 section done with the story. I might take a break to do something else. Overall, I deem it kinda fun.
  1. What do you think about Friendstory?7 votes
    1. That place is fun and inventive!
       71% (5 votes)
    2. That place is not fun and cliche!
       0% (0 votes)
    3. I only do it for the rewards!
       14% (1 vote)
    4. I only did it because I like theme dungeons!
       14% (1 vote)
    5. What is friend story?
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    edited November 2018
    I forgot! Any one know the names of the music track on friendstory? I want to add it to my music collection of maple soundtracks.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    The FriendStory choices have no bearing on the outcome of the story, although characters will react slightly differently depending on what you say.
    If you play through again you can find alternate endings for each chapter, but on the first playthrough there is only one ending.

The BGMs for FriendStory are:
    Urban Street

School Life

FriendStory: Battlefield

Hollow Attack

During chapter 6, there's also these:

The Beast

The Beast 2

Catch Your Dreams Instrumental

Catch Your Dreams (with lyrics)

The opening animation music is just an earlier, shorter version of Catch Your Dreams.
    YinYangXLoyalHeartTigerInvulgo
    edited November 2018
    Ahhh! I kinda figured, but it's still fun to still think like it does. XD

Thank you for the soundtracks. I am already making some files, so I can change the music while play. I think that's what this game lacks is variation of the music after listening to it for a certain time.
    edited November 2018
    If you like to share me your reactions to friend story, that would be awesome. I think friendstory is a pretty unique theme dungeon... even though I got a persona vibe from it.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2018
    I haven't even tried FS, kinda.. I did the intro and by that time I had like 5 other quests that were my level plus dailies so I kinda ignored it. :D L0l but I'll probably try it out sooner or later if the itch comes around.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    Is it even worth the time? Like are the rewards worth the effort? Trying to get stronger to solo more bosses, and if this doesn't help that...
    edited November 2018
    Deadling wrote: »
    Is it even worth the time? Like are the rewards worth the effort? Trying to get stronger to solo more bosses, and if this doesn't help that...

That determines what you need. From the chapters I did so far, I got slot expansions up to 2 times (or 3 times. There is a future chapter with an expansion I didn't get yet. I'll try to verify it soon). Furthermore, if you get enough needles you can convert your gear to a school uniform with all the effects and stuff included. There's other rewards like a chair and stuff, but it's pretty easy and fun for the rewards it gives. Mostly story, buy get free slot expansions just to handle story is not bad.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018

Considering we can't get Ghost Ship Exorcist badge anymore, the Shinsoo badge might be worth it if you level it fully (not sure how it compares to Crystal Ventus badge/other obtainable badges).
    edited November 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

Considering we can't get Ghost Ship Exorcist badge anymore, the Shinsoo badge might be worth it if you level it fully (not sure how it compares to Crystal Ventus badge/other obtainable badges).

Wait.... No.... You're kidding right? They didn't take away the ghost ship... That's my favorite place to train long ago. Please tell me they didn't take that away?

edited November 2018
    Hello everyone! I just finished the afterland theme dungeon. But, I liked the intros to these dungeons. Here's what I've seen so
    far"
    Perion: Getting crushed by a rock
    Ellina: Falling through the vines
    Henesys: Trampled by a Pig

Is there a Kerning version to enter the afterlands?
    I find these intros into this place hilarious. My favorite so far is Henesys!